PDA

View Full Version : NOrthern Canada ??

bogtrotter
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
I have always wanted to visit Nunavut and the Northwest Territories some day. I'm interested in caribou and wolf hunts. The big ( expensive !!) game like muskox and polar bear is not within my budget. If you have experience hunting in either place , let me know what it was like.

Thanks,

sheephunterab
06-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Sadly the hunting of central barrenground caribou in the NWT was stopped several years ago but you can still find hunts in Nunavut and Manitoba for them. Musk ox really aren't all that much more than caribou and it's quite the adventure. A fall hunt for musk ox combined with char fishing is about as good as it gets.

.300WSMImpact!
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
very cost effective caribou hunts in manitoba, maybe even quebec

Montana
06-26-2014, 11:30 AM
I highly recommend Northern Manitoba along the Nunavut border... I hunted caribou there last fall with the Lodge at Little Duck... I had a fantastic time....great hunting, lots of big bulls, the accommodations were 1st class all the way.. Great Fishing for Northern Pike, Lake Trout, and Arctic Grayling as well... You can take two bulls there... Very experienced, knowledgeable guides... They really take care of you. You will not be disappointed if you go there... I guarantee it!

hunter fisher
08-14-2014, 12:20 PM
I highly recommend Northern Manitoba along the Nunavut border... I hunted caribou there last fall with the Lodge at Little Duck... I had a fantastic time....great hunting, lots of big bulls, the accommodations were 1st class all the way.. Great Fishing for Northern Pike, Lake Trout, and Arctic Grayling as well... You can take two bulls there... Very experienced, knowledgeable guides... They really take care of you. You will not be disappointed if you go there... I guarantee it!

if you don't mind me asking, how much did this hunt run you? very interested in this aswell

Brew
08-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Looks like price is around 7700 plus tax. Then add 600$ for airfare to Manitoba. Looks like a fun trip