PDA

View Full Version : GRIZZLY draws...sorry...

srupp
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Well I had asked my other hunting parter about grizzly and he said he really wanted his wife to shoot a grizzly..so I helped Linda fill out her tag...

And well we now have THREE grizzly tags for 5:08 :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the boat will have 4 individuals with THREE COASTAL GRIZZLY BEAR TAGS !!!!! Out of 5 provincial tags we got THREE...and their son hasnt calle IF he got a draw (for the same area )

JEEZ...3 grizzly tags and two SPatsizi sheep draws out of the 4 hunters

WHOOOOOO hoooooooo

Only bad thing is my Buddy from Alberta has to wait another year for Grizzly hunting trip...thats sad...hes dying to see a grizzly....

steven

frenchbar
03-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Nice jackpot srupp,hope your crew can fill some tags ,good luck on your hunts.

3kills
03-01-2007, 07:26 PM
is some one videoing all these grizz hunts???

Will
03-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Well Couldn't happen to a Better fella.
Even if I really deserved my Tag this year...I was good all winter:-(

Best of Luck Steven...9 ' Or Bust :twisted:

;)

srupp
03-01-2007, 07:48 PM
3kills yes someone si videoing these hunts and this time were even going to bring the tapes...8) NOT liek last falls moose hunt..

Will..ya its gonna be a gong show deciding who gets first shot ??? Ladies first? or the guide...or Tim....hmmmm..lol

Steven

JMac
03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Jeepers srupp, your cleanin up on the draws. Good on ya and good luck!

Will
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Will..ya its gonna be a gong show deciding who gets first shot ??? Ladies first? or the guide...or Tim....hmmmm..lol
Well I'm sure if you see Mr 9'+ noone would hold it against you for Sneaking in the 1st shot ! :twisted:

Best of Luck to you All and I for one look forward to the Pics8)

srupp
03-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Will did you see the photo of the bear Rob and Gatehouse got in this same area several years ago???

Steven

Will
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Will did you see the photo of the bear Rob and Gatehouse got in this same area several years ago???

Steven
Yep the one with those HUGE paws...I remember the tale and pics :|

The Bear's paws were pretty big too ! :lol:

:wink:

srupp
03-01-2007, 11:30 PM
lmao @ WILL....Gates gonna git ya....

The same area Gate and Rob scored Robs Grizzly is where we are headed..

It would be too much to ask for that big ol black grizz to be still in the valley come spring??but they can live 28 or so years so......

I am hoping for a good solid 8' for each of us...I just wonder who got the last 2 tags ????? may get pretty crowded at 3 mile....

And some halibut for Leasman....just cuz....he's always at the library and never gets out much..lol

Steven

ryanb
03-02-2007, 12:16 AM
What it like in there during springtime, compared with the fall salmon run?

Leaseman
03-02-2007, 08:08 AM
:lol: :lol: ....I now have it in print....I am getting some Hali....:lol:

No more poached sturgeon eh Steven.....:wink:

srupp
03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Ryan ..hi guy..coastal bear hunting is totally different styles of hunting spring versus fall hunting...yes you are right fall hunting is all about finding coastal streams and feeder creeks and "laughing water " water you can hear..that means its shallow enough for the bears to successfully capture salmon..contrary to nature shows its hard for a bear to snag a salmon in 10 feet of water..or like Mc Neil falls where the salmon have to bunch up like a falls...fish congregate there and so do the bears...

In spring its still food....but slides and greens....and early one has to look for a specific food...FIDDLEHEADS...thats the first food bears search out....very VERY effective way of cleaning out their plug.....then its LUCNCH...

In the mountains winter kill ..ie deer etc will bring in the beras also

Coastal bears have no fish runs to eat so they make do untill the fish arrive...

We also are looking for some halibut...so the area is pretty good for halibut fishing..:lol:

Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Are Fiddleheads similar to skunk cabbage? Skunk cabbage seems to attract the bears early on.

SSS

7mmWSM
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Hey Srupp and Gatehouse,

Can one of you post a link to the post that has this legendary grizzly hunt story that I keep hearing about that you guys were involved in? Love to read it.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
One of my favorite stories........Don't know if he posted it on this site as well but I wasn't around here back then..
http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/f5/gatehouse.has.left.building-1104/?highlight=Gatehouse+left+building%21

SSS

BCrams
03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
The fiddle heads are quite small actually and are most edible when the heads are about the size of a toonie (spiraled - and later come out as a fern). They're quite good fried in garlic butter.

Stone Sheep Steve
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
The fiddle heads are quite small actually and are most edible when the heads are about the size of a toonie (spiraled - and later come out as a fern). They're quite good fried in garlic butter.

I'll remember that for the next time I'm "plugged":roll: .

SSS

elkster
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Srupp,
Godd for you guys. You'll have enough skins, you could all wear them and be a tribe or something.

MattB
03-02-2007, 11:18 AM
srupp, Just curious if you have any pics you could share with us of the bears that you have guided for? I thought they would be cool to see if you've got 'em?

srupp
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Matt..Im at work well my BODY is ...my mind????...well thats another story..lol

I will get a few together tonite and post...

Steven

MattB
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Sounds good! Im looking forward to seeing them!

Kevin21
03-02-2007, 12:41 PM
One of my favorite stories........Don't know if he posted it on this site as well but I wasn't around here back then..
http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/f5/gatehouse.has.left.building-1104/?highlight=Gatehouse+left+building%21

SSS

Thanks for that, Im new here and to the hunting game hadnt read it before great story :)

srupp
03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Clarks account..one of the GREAT reads of all time....he and Rob are SUPER guys and my privilege to meet and get to know...

so now forget that story..so IF we get a bear my account doesnt put you to zzzzzzzz

Steven