PDA

View Full Version : Seeking deer hide in okanagan

OutdoorsOk
06-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Hello! I'm working on a project for the Kelowna Museum to tan some hides for individuals to be able to feel furs of various BC species. I was hoping to get my hands on a deer hide to illustrate hollow hairs. Does anyone by chance have a rolled up hide sitting in their freezer they have no use for? I'm in Kelowna and hoping to not travel too far to pick it up. If anyone can help, or if you have any other interesting species in your freezer you could part with please let me know :)

Crystal-Dawn

Liptugger
06-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Call the CO and see if he will let you harvest a couple hides from road kill seeing as its connected to museum work.

valleycowboy
06-22-2014, 06:33 AM
there are a few guys that do Taxidermy in town......you could just call one of them.
i'm sure they would help you out.

sawmill
06-22-2014, 07:04 AM
PM me in September.

boxhitch
06-22-2014, 09:56 AM
few guys that do Taxidermy in town.You would be surprised what you can find there . Had a bag of trim pieces donated at our banquet , and it contained zebra and polar bear among other exotics , as well as deer an elk

OutdoorsOk
06-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Thankyou everybody :D Hunters are always so helpful!

The Dawg
06-23-2014, 03:45 PM
When did you leave PG? :)

Redneck Rocket
06-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Hello! I'm working on a project for the Kelowna Museum to tan some hides for individuals to be able to feel furs of various BC species. I was hoping to get my hands on a deer hide to illustrate hollow hairs. Does anyone by chance have a rolled up hide sitting in their freezer they have no use for? I'm in Kelowna and hoping to not travel too far to pick it up. If anyone can help, or if you have any other interesting species in your freezer you could part with please let me know :)

Crystal-Dawn

I have a hide in my freezer from last fall from a 2x3 mule deer which was in fantastic shape. I had planned on having a go at tanning it myself. Does your project require a whole hide, or do you need a piece? I might be interested if I get to keep some of it.