PDA

View Full Version : Barsness trailers , any experience?

mooze
06-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Hi,
I am looking at buying a double quad trailer to move our 1 Yamahas around and also for hunting and found this in Vanderhoof:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/prince-george/single-axle-utility-trailers-at-barsness/602459480?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Does anyone have experience with their trailer? Quality? Apparently they are hand built in town. Any feedback would be appreciated

Brno22F
06-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Barsness sells trailers from a number of different manufacturers. The one you have linked to is made by PJ Trailers. They also sell Rainbow Trailers (canadian made) and there is a locally made unit (Sinkut River?) but I think they are more of an equipment trailer.

I think the PJ is a good unit and has great features like side panels that can be used as loading ramps. Been looking at these myself. Barsness prices are competitive with other vendors in the lower main land.

Hillbros_96
06-21-2014, 07:12 AM
I have that exact trailer (12 foot). It is an amazing little trailer that hauls amazingly easy. I think it is because it is heavy enough that it does not bounce on every bump going down the road. The tailgate ramp is great. I do not use the side ramps very often, but it is nice when we have more then one vehicle on the trailer.

Boner
07-04-2014, 05:13 AM
I have that trailer in different dimensions. Mine is an 8314. The fenders suck. Mine almost fell off because the carriage bolts wore the aluminum, got loose, then the aluminum welds cracked. And the Grote black rubber reflector/light carriers have no rubber backing so the lights burn out very quickly. That's an easy fix because you can get the ones with a rubber back for cheap from an auto parts store.

Kudu
07-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Hi,
I am looking at buying a double quad trailer to move our 1 Yamahas around and also for hunting and found this in Vanderhoof:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cargo-utility-trailer/prince-george/single-axle-utility-trailers-at-barsness/602459480?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Does anyone have experience with their trailer? Quality? Apparently they are hand built in town. Any feedback would be appreciated

I have just like that - works great - taken it (loaded with a Razor and two dirt bikes) down to Koos bay in Oregon, up to Kelowna, Kamloops, Prince George and many other places in the last year or so - no issues what so ever, even on long stretches of dirt road it just sits planted to ground as if on rails.....

barry1974w
07-04-2014, 10:27 AM
I bought my 20' deck over from them and a few buddies have bought larger trailers from them also. They're normally pretty competitive and are normally willing to wheel and deal a bit to make the sale. But I have no experience with the smaller trailers that they sell.

bigredchev
07-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Seems steep I've dealt with wholesale trailers in abbostford at south whatcom. Great prices, avilability and good to deal with. Best prices by far

Eastbranch
07-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Have that exact trailer (fixed side rails, not the removeable ones), bought from barsness. Deadly unit. Hauled 3000km from bc up the dempster highway no problems at all. I love the hitch on this trailer too, not your typical crappy boat trailer fold down. Really locks on there. You will love it. Costs a bit much, but you won't find anything better in the interior.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/1546258_547209706480_1963727276_n.jpg