PDA

View Full Version : Beaverdale to Rock Creek Area help.

Heffernan89
06-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Hey Guys

I just moved to Kelowna and have been doing a lot of road scouting trying to narrow down the area on where to start scouting by foot. I have a couple of question about the Beaverdale and Rock Creek area. Question one, I have heard a lot of rumors that there some areas in that region that are not all friendly to outside. I am sure they have there reason and I certainly dont need to know why, but I would like to know if this is true and maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Question two (Feel free to pm me if you want for answer) I saw bunch of Mullie and White tails around there mostly just a little north of Rock Creek if someone wouldnt mind helping me get landowners permission or maybe just helping me learn how to get landowner permission it be a lot of help.

Thanks a Bunch

Heffy

walks with deer
06-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Showing respect to landowners has worked for me around there.
In addition there are tonns of crown deer havent nčeded profit in that area.
Find a hill hike up it see bucks.

Fisher-Dude
06-17-2014, 04:31 PM
You can hear the banjos in Fiva Creek. I'd stay on the main FSR if I ever decide to explore that area again!

Heffernan89
06-18-2014, 01:23 PM
alright thanks guys, anyone else with information?

Heffernan89
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
I was thinking of exploring boyer creek forest rd, first and then slowly making my way south untill i find a decent spot.... I am trying to get an early start to scouting

.300WSMImpact!
06-18-2014, 01:29 PM
its all a good area, you really cant find a bad spot in there, I stay away from the private land because you dont need to go close to it to find good animals, look for the drainage's you will find what your looking for

BRrooster
06-18-2014, 05:37 PM
The area around Rock Creek is a wintering ground for the deer population. The deer that you see there in the spring will not be there in Sept.
Mule deer especially. There will always be local Whitetails. A lot of deer are now heading up to the high country to summer range. My daughter
and I saw a new born Mulie last weekend and there were still some snow patches where we were. I find the deer in that area are very "time specific",
as to where and when they are going to be found.

Heffernan89
06-19-2014, 07:20 PM
.300wsm- Ill keep that in mind thank you!

BRrooster- so maybe stay up in the beaverdale area or do you have any suggestion?

Heffernan89
08-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Hey Guys just wanted to update everyone with my scouting. after exploring a few area looking for an isolated spot I hope I have found the spot. there three dug out section on a road going up a hill, I walked in about 2km and started setting up my camera. at the base of the hill I was only getting female, but after I moved my camera to the top I started getting only buck on camera. I hope the video work this is my first time using onedrive if any problem with the link please let me know.

thank to everyone who has helped me so far must appreciated.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7DAF508896A9B87D%21145

-two buck in this one, the second doesn't enter until the last ten second of the video
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7DAF508896A9B87D%21144 - the big buck he's been coming twice a week lately

Heffernan89
08-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I am unsure if these are white or mule (being from Ontario I am only use to white) I think these are white tails but I am unsure any help on that is welcome.

.300WSMImpact!
08-24-2014, 09:43 AM
whitetails they are, the last one is a nice buck, I would love to put an arrow in that thing

Moosehunter64
08-24-2014, 10:43 AM
They have changed the season on mule deer in that area this year.Its a 4 point only season this year rather than an any buck season so you will have to count tines on the mule deer.

300H&H
08-24-2014, 01:27 PM
You can hear the banjos in Fiva Creek. I'd stay on the main FSR if I ever decide to explore that area again!

Very true, but so far all my encounters with the locals have been friendly. Mind you I have always gone AFTER their "crop" has been harvested. :wink:

300H&H
08-24-2014, 01:32 PM
I am unsure if these are white or mule (being from Ontario I am only use to white) I think these are white tails but I am unsure any help on that is welcome.

If you want to tag along some time this year you are welcome to come. New guy always buys Timmys in the morning just so ya know. :mrgreen: PM me if you want.

Heffernan89
08-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I thought they where white tails too and I am also looking forward to putting a bullet;) in one..... Moosehunter I am aware of the new changes to the reg and out of three deer only one was not a 4point(as far as I can see only watch the video twice), appreciate the head up tho brother. 300h&m I may take you up on that offer pm will be sent in a few minute.

I never use a computer so sorry if I don't get back to everyone.

thanks a lot if anyone has an opinion on species of deer I would love to hear them.

ItsGrouseTalk
08-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Moosehunter I am aware of the new changes to the reg and out of three deer only one was not a 4point(as far as I can see only watch the video twice)Heffernan89, only the mule deer are a 4-point or better season, you can take any whitetail buck as far as I know! :-D