PDA

View Full Version : sasquatch park fishing/conditions

ducktoller
06-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Heading up camping next weekend with the fiance and dog next weekend. Will not have a boat so I was probably gonna target trout lake based on size.

Any tips /conditions re this lake, never fished it before?

I will be spinning with an 8 foot ultra light.

Iron Glove
06-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Kids were camping @ Hicks last weekend, they fly fished from shore and pontoons right off their site.
Lots of fish, didn't keep any.
When we drove up Sunday to see them there were a lot of people doing the same, mainly spinning.
Oh, the camp ground people were apparantly really good about the dogs, no hassling them if off leash.

nano
06-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Both deer and hicks are Great Lakes to fish from shore. Before I got my boat I would always fish there. If you are at hicks you can fish from the rock that's on your right side from the boat launch. You could also rent a canoe at hicks.

At deer lake your best bet would be to hike to the far side of the lake. There is a trail on the left side that starts before you drive into the camp site.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions you can pm me

Moe.JKU
06-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Trout lake can be difficult to access from shore, lots of long grass and marsh that would pose a challenge. I usually hit that lake with a float tube and it can be productive.