PDA

View Full Version : Bear Claw Cleaning and Polishing

Dirty30-30
06-15-2014, 08:38 AM
I found this informative video on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aF0YijMCI Now I've got to try this out, make some cool necklaces ect. Has anyone else done this? Advice? Opinions?

nature girl
06-15-2014, 07:55 PM
I made a bear claw necklace. Sorry I did not watch the video you posted. I took a exacto knife and cut at the joint. I soaked the claw in salt and borax for a few days. I just had the claw and not the joint in the claw. And just started picking out some of the old flesh and bear hair. And then I boiled them for a few minutes to get the rest of the stuff off. And then I polished and puffed them with a womens nail buffer. It took me a good 10- 20 or so minutes to get the bear claw how I liked it. I also filled the bear claw around the edges. And then I used the dremel machine to buff it some more but I did not really like using the dremel. Then I drilled a hole where I would be putting the necklace cord and then I put a toothpick in the hole and used clear nail polish and painted the bear claws. I did anywhere from 4 or 5 coats of nailpolish to each bear claw. But you do not have to put the nailpolish on if you do not want to. Then I made a few necklaces. I bought the necklace stuff at Michaels craft store. If you pm me with your email address I will send you some pictures of the bear claws I did.

vortex hunter
06-15-2014, 07:59 PM
I made a bear claw necklace also I just cut all the meat off and drilled small holes thre the claws and its actually really cool lol ..Vortex

Dirty30-30
06-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Thanks nature girl, pm sent. I loved the clean look of the ones in the video, lots of time spent, but somthing to be proud of in the end. Makes Very cool necklaces.