View Full Version : Rainbows around Kamloops

hunter fisher
06-14-2014, 12:11 PM
hey guys, somewhat new to lake fishing. heading up to kamloops next week for some fishing, maybe around knoeff or badger. just wondering what you guys fish with? ill be trolling with a little electric motor, and using my el-cheapo spin caster from cambodian tire.

i used to fish alot of salt water cutthroat off point roberts and had good luck with small spoons, wedding bands, things like that, but im not very framiliar with what bugs to use in lakes. any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

139grainsofhell
06-14-2014, 12:23 PM
I mostly fish flys but I would try frog pattern flatfish or the black with silver speckles those two always worked. You coul also put a few small split shot on and get a couple knouff specials or pumpkin head flys and troll with your spinning rod.

Dannybuoy
06-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Wedding band and worm .. spin casting is deadly ... make sure bait is allowed and you are good

hunter fisher
06-19-2014, 09:18 AM
thanks for advice guys. heading out today, ill let you know how it turns out

M.Dean
06-19-2014, 12:48 PM
A small Willow leaf and worm seems to work anywhere, and I've had good luck with a yellow and black spotted flat fish. If your using a fly rod, try a Black spratley, and I like a Tom Thumb, you can see the fish hit it! Have fun, and take lots and lots of bug spray! Took my Quad out for the first time in ages a few days ago, it was great when I was moving, but the second I stopped to take pictures the mosquitoes were so bad I couldn't breath without getting a few up my nose! Did I mention to take lots of Bug Spray??? And light a bit smokey fire in camp right away too!!!

hunter fisher
06-19-2014, 12:57 PM
lol good advice, bug spray, got it!

shed-hunter1
06-20-2014, 08:54 PM
so did you catch anything

Sunzuki
06-20-2014, 09:54 PM
No trebles and pinch the barbs...........really........reeeeeeeeeeeeeally good.