PDA

View Full Version : pest cyotes in subdivition

zeddy
06-13-2014, 04:45 PM
We are having troubles in my neighborhood with three cyotes. City and animal control won't help. There are small kids on the street and the animals are not scared. I'm wondering where I can get info on how to eliminate them myself.

NHRA6002
06-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Where in Mission are you?

HarryToolips
06-13-2014, 05:56 PM
In a perfect world if a person had a PAL and could buy one of those 1200ft per sec pellet guns and were able to shoot the coyotes with it in a safe manner when no one was around or could see him doing it, man that would be great but unfortunately that's breaking the law:-D

Hodaka
06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
In a perfect world if a person had a PAL and could buy one of those 1200ft per sec pellet guns and were able to shoot the coyotes with it in a safe manner when no one was around or could see him doing it, man that would be great but unfortunately that's breaking the law:-D
...plus, a .22 rifle with loads in the 700fps range are quieter, and just as deadly - but still no bueno with the law.

bc_buckshot
06-13-2014, 06:24 PM
What about bear bangers?..... If there is three coyotes consistant in the same area its gonna be either there is easy food around like fluffy the cat. And or there could be a den in the area and this is the right time for litters

tuffteddyb
06-13-2014, 06:34 PM
bows are really quiet......

Wild one
06-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Sling shot and marbles will do the trick

bigredchev
06-13-2014, 07:29 PM
traps. then they go to "the farm"

Wild one
06-14-2014, 06:25 AM
traps. then they go to "the farm"

Being in a subdivision effective coyote trapping methods would be illegal.

Catching coyotes in a cage trap is really tough and most often gets poor results or none at all.

Sucks but do to location removing or killing coyotes legally is not an option unless you are a CO

Ruffed
06-14-2014, 06:49 AM
If a person had a .22 rifle and used sub-sonic .22 hollow point rounds, that would do the trick. Subsonic is I believe anything less than 1150 feet per second or so. The bullet doesn't break the sound barrier, so you don't get that "crack". Unfortunately that's the direction things have gone in Canada. Sooner or later a coyote is going to kill a toddler or baby in BC. I think it's just a matter of time. In regards to .22 sub-sonic, the longer the barrel, the quieter the round is. Make sure of your backstop. If you could do it from your house, you could just leave your windows open, take the screens out and wait for the opportune time. That way most of the sound is contained. Not advocating of course, Just sayin.

fearnodeer
06-14-2014, 08:13 AM
The only legal option you have is to hirer someone that does pest control, we had the problem were I live and after research this is what I found out, good luck.

Pioneerman
06-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Paint ball gun, just keep painting them different colours until they do not want to come back

finngun
06-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Paint ball gun, just keep painting them different colours until they do not want to come back
or keep paint ball 'bullet' in deep freeser over night,,makes real whack.:mrgreen:

russm
06-14-2014, 09:54 PM

A paintball gun with pepper balls might just do the truck I you can find them, if not, frozen paintballs orrr a cheapo paintball gun wih paintball sized marbles ;)

walks with deer
06-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Were in mission.

Crappy tire in mission sells live traps.. you would be surprised what you will catch.
If there that much of a pest they will go in it.

walks with deer
06-17-2014, 08:44 PM
If they get out the first time up grade the spring.

You could also leave food in your garage and thenvshut the door.

olympia
06-17-2014, 11:11 PM
I need to tell a funny story my co-worker from Manitoba told me about his dad who lives on a 600 acre farm. One night heard a noise from the garage and instantly knew it the damn coyote eating the dog food again, he swings the door open and fires off a shot and completely misses the coyote and hits his door with a full dose of double o buckshot. I almost died laughing. I will one day tell another story from Manitoba when I see fit to hijack a thread...til then keep your stick on the ice and if my wife is watching sorry honey yes I was staring at your friends "shirt"