PDA

View Full Version : final days of bear season happy hunting

Steelpulse
06-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Whose gonna be out for the last 3 days of the season for bears, at least in reg. 3, I know ill be out for all 3 days still looking for this giiant boar my brother firstblood saw and out looking for my buddies first bear as well, gonna make it happenover the next few days, gonna put some serious miles on and hours in,

Good luck to all happy hunting lets finish this season off with a bang

Dirty30-30
06-13-2014, 06:01 AM
Sounds awesome, I'll be out there, getting soaked by the look of things, westcoast VI.

SR80
06-13-2014, 07:04 AM
You've got till the end of the month!!

Papa Sasquatch
06-13-2014, 07:27 AM
Region 2 I am leaving today... with rain gears

Steelpulse
06-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Regs don't become effective until july 1st reg 3 June 30th hunting we have to wait. Until next year in the loops at least some areas have until 30th this year not us thoough

caddisguy
06-13-2014, 10:42 AM
I will be up 3AM tomorrow to head out with the girlfriend for our second crack at spring bear hunting. I'll have tomorrow dawn until dusk and Sunday morning if needed to get the job done. Came pretty darn close last weekend. With wind being so unpredictable and all over the place, I will be putting more effort into keeping a lower scent profile and maybe some masking with a hint of mint.

landphil
06-13-2014, 10:49 AM
You've got till the end of the month!!

Please re-read your regs including effective dates.

The new extended seasons start next spring, at least in regions 3 and 8.

NMO
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Good luck. I reckon I will head out tonight. Was out a few nights ago and stalked one to 30yds. I had shots at 80 & 50yds but I couldnt see the whole bear, just the head neck and upper chest. I knew there was a Momma bear with cub in the area so I held off, turned out this was the one. Momma bear huffing and puffing at 30yds and little bear hanging out in the tree. Lots of excitement!

mcmullmar
06-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Heading out tomorrow after truck gets serviced. Going to region 8.

adriaticum
06-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Heading out tonight for one more day in reg 2.

Lastcar
06-13-2014, 12:16 PM
I'll be out all day tomorrow and Sunday in 3-19. Have a few spots where I know some brutes were last weekend, just couldn't get the shot. Had the 9 year old with me and she isn't the master of stalk yet. She is the master of talk though. I only answered about 743 questions over the weekend we were at the lake.

Her final comment after we got home after our first "solo" trip without Mom and brother "I had a really good time, I hope we can go with just us again. BUUUUT I am very disappointed you didn't shoot a bear". Slowly learning the lesson its called hunting not killing for a reason.

albravo2
06-13-2014, 12:33 PM
I'll be out all day tomorrow and Sunday in 3-19. Have a few spots where I know some brutes were last weekend, just couldn't get the shot. Had the 9 year old with me and she isn't the master of stalk yet. She is the master of talk though. I only answered about 743 questions over the weekend we were at the lake.

Her final comment after we got home after our first "solo" trip without Mom and brother "I had a really good time, I hope we can go with just us again. BUUUUT I am very disappointed you didn't shoot a bear". Slowly learning the lesson its called hunting not killing for a reason.

That right there, that's funny. I remember those days so clearly. Now, hunting with a rapidly growing teenager, the challenge is keeping him awake. The sound of the Rhino puts him straight to sleep, as does a blind or a comfortable spot for glassing.

crispymini
06-13-2014, 08:25 PM
im in reg 8 and it sais until the 15th does that mean i can hunt on the 15th as well?! THanks

landphil
06-13-2014, 08:36 PM
im in reg 8 and it sais until the 15th does that mean i can hunt on the 15th as well?! THanks

Yes, the dates are inclusive. The season is open up to and including the 15th, until one hour after sunset. Was that a serious question?

Wackman
06-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Region 3-34 to 3-44 are still open until the end of the month

SR80
06-14-2014, 06:57 AM
The spots I hunt are open till the end

nature girl
06-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Going out today in region 8 hopefully we see one this trip.
Good luck everyone going after a bear.

buck nash
06-14-2014, 09:26 AM

Ha ha that's funny my six year old boy was scolding me for not getting a bear last weekend.

He's quieter than when he was four but.......

Doesn't matter though. Hunting trips with him are my favourite times.

boxhitch
06-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Please re-read your regs including effective dates.Easy to overlook when just viewing the on-line section for a particular region . Read all the pages , including the cover.

Fella
06-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Good luck all! Hope to see a few more "bear down" stories before the summer doldrums!

ducktoller
06-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Sigh first full sep-june done and no animal.
Went up squamish onto an early cut block that a camper told us a good bear was in he saw.

Scared something off with branch snapnwhile walking through the cutblock. Fresh bear crap and new blue berries so guess I scared him off the jon.
We scared him twice more.
Turned In early as
My truck started shutting itself off while driving and didmt wanna spend th e night.

Oh well off to buy a quarter cow to last until fall

Steelpulse
06-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Allright tthats the end of my kamloops bear season, got the blonde, found some beastly tracks tooday tracked for a km no bear, gonna head to Barriere and north 1-2 times see what we see before the 30th I guess otherwise just another tag for the fall 87 days to deer season

Liveforthehunt
06-15-2014, 11:47 AM
78 if you bow hunt ;)

Papa Sasquatch
06-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Third time was not the charms we were hoping for past 3 day weekend. Looks like a vegan summer! :^(
Gold Bridge area looked as if it just hosted a BB conference last week. Had so much fresh BB Poop of all sizes that we thought we would should a bear with our eyes close! Well we kept the eyes wide open anyway and despite all of the Poop and prints we saw -O- BB. Saw Mama Moose and a calf. My wife saw a Cougar walking right up to the truck when she had chosen to stay at Camp instead of a hike in the wilderness. After that she would not stay behind again.

shortrange
06-16-2014, 11:46 PM
Third time was not the charms we were hoping for past 3 day weekend. Looks like a vegan summer! :^(

I tried Port Alberni area and a was in Bamfield on the weekend. Saw a lots of poop and a few bb on some of the cut blocks, but nothing big enough (or close enough) to shoot at. With all the rain last week there wasn't as much action. Two weekends ago one of our group got a puny one. My share will make a meal or two. Might head up to 100 Mile for a last kick at the can. If anyone has any suggestions let me know. I plan on putting some miles on my boots and my truck.