PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a breeder

fudge
06-11-2014, 06:36 PM
I have been looking for a long time in to either CBR or lab and have finally come to the idea I want a lab. the one issue I have come across is no one seem to be having them any time son as I would like to have him in the summer as Im off all of Aug and can help him get adjusted any help of breeders would be great......

pnbrock
06-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I have been looking for a long time in to either CBR or lab and have finally come to the idea I want a lab. the one issue I have come across is no one seem to be having them any time son as I would like to have him in the summer as Im off all of Aug and can help him get adjusted any help of breeders would be great......
Bcgamebirds has some well bred pups on the ground.

mcmullmar
06-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I got my chocolate lab from Whiterobin Kennels in Princeton. He is a very smart and well behaved dog.

fudge
06-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm looking for next month or August

DoubleDD
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Try kingsolomonlabs. They just had 11 charcol lab pups There are in the Okanagan there is a breeder in chilliwack to

xfactor
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Try kingsolomonlabs. They just had 11 charcol lab pups There are in the Okanagan there is a breeder in chilliwack to

What is a charcol lab?

To the OP, do your research make sure the pup comes with all health clearances and guarantee from breeder.

Kasomor
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
What is a charcol lab?

To the OP, do your research make sure the pup comes with all health clearances and guarantee from breeder.

They are related to the silver labs down the block....

xfactor
06-13-2014, 11:33 AM

Oh! right those:)

thanks, i'll stick to a dog thats bred for health, brains, temperament and hunt ability...designer colour to match my boots isn't my thing:)

adriaticum
06-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I would go here

http://www.canadasguidetodogs.com/

and look at all the breeders in the province and close by and get your fingers busy dialing.

labguy
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM

Kas has obviously given up trying to educate and I should too but I keep hoping there is a slim chance for the odd person to actually gain some knowledge from these topics.......Im probably flogging a dead horse but.....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SILVER OR CHARCOAL LABRADOR... They are a bassturdization of the breed which occurs when some disreputable, low-life "breeder" crosses a Lab with a Weimerheimer, and somehow through sleight of hand and deceit, gets them registered as purebred, with the sole purpose of duping unsuspecting puppy buyers into paying ridiculous prices for inferior stock. THEY ARE NOT PURE BRED LABRADOR RETRIEVERS.

To the OP.......there have been enough recent threads on this topic that, if you do a bit of research, will tell you most of what you need to look for and the questions you need to ask when searching for in a reputable breeder.....good luck.

06-13-2014, 12:39 PM
i always wondered how they built "Silver labs"

weatherby_man
06-13-2014, 01:28 PM
I second Whiterobin in Princeton.

BCMarc
06-13-2014, 02:08 PM
BCgamebirds does have a couple if litters on the ground. Not sure what is still available, but ours comes home in 2 weeks.

Foxton Gundogs
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Kas has obviously given up trying to educate and I should too but I keep hoping there is a slim chance for the odd person to actually gain some knowledge from these topics.......Im probably flogging a dead horse but.....

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SILVER OR CHARCOAL LABRADOR... They are a bassturdization of the breed which occurs when some disreputable, low-life "breeder" crosses a Lab with a Weimerheimer, and somehow through sleight of hand and deceit, gets them registered as purebred, with the sole purpose of duping unsuspecting puppy buyers into paying ridiculous prices for inferior stock. THEY ARE NOT PURE BRED LABRADOR RETRIEVERS.

To the OP.......there have been enough recent threads on this topic that, if you do a bit of research, will tell you most of what you need to look for and the questions you need to ask when searching for in a reputable breeder.....good luck.

You beat me to it LG, Here is an excerpt directly from the CKC Breed Standard for Labrador Retriever

Color:
Wholly black, yellow or chocolate. Small white spot on chest
permissible. Yellows range from light cream to fox red with variations in
the shadings on ears, under parts, hocks, and down the back. Chocolates
range from light sedge to dark chocolate.
Pigmentation:
Black in blacks and yellows; brown or liver in chocolates.
Pigmentation fading to a lighter shade in yellows not to be penalized.

There is Absolutely no mention of "Silver" or "Charcoal" color in the breed. As also mentioned do your research, Be sure ALL the appropriate tests are done and both parents are CERTIFIED CLEAR of the following(which has been previously posted in another thread)

Have both parents been OFA certified for hips good or better?

Have both parents been OFA certified elbows clear?

Have both parents been tested for CNM and EIC?

Have both parents been tested for for hereditary eye disease?

All Labs are awesome but this is no reason to recommend a breeder unless ALL the above testing has been done. Has it?????

And guaranties are clear and in place.

A puppy is a lifetime commitment, make sure it's a long and healthy lifetime. Good luck in your search and enjoy the ride.

Jimsue
06-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Conway Kennels has a litter of all blacks, ready to go in a month. PM me if you are interested.