PDA

View Full Version : rainbow trout stream

Steelpulse
06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Out hunting today, no bears but. We found a tiny stream draining from a swamp with nice populations of rainbows. From 3-12" we caught 25 or so in barely inches of water was so epic, we caught them on my 1.3m Tenkara rod I bought iin Japan piics after work tonight

Edit - stream exempt from closure sorry about the drama below haha

jrjonesy
06-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Glad you had a good day. Assuming this stream had a specific exemption from the spring closure.

mcmullmar
06-10-2014, 07:39 PM
I was wondering that as well

The Dawg
06-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Not all areas have a spring closure as far as I know

kurtl
06-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm pretty sure all streams are closed until July 1st unless specified in the regs.

The Dawg
06-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Ya so not all streams are closed then....

mikeboehm
06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Yup he broke the law and admitted it online for all CO's to read it

jrjonesy
06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Yup he broke the law and admitted it online for all CO's to read it

What is that based on? Some regions don't have closures and many streams are listed as exempt. He could of been fishing in one of those streams.

Steelpulse
06-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Hmmm interesting. For sure didn't even think of it even being a stream it is literally a trickle of water but will look into it

mikeboehm
06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
The fact he doesn't know if it was open to fishing proves what I was saying

Steelpulse
06-10-2014, 09:04 PM
What would be the definition of a stream? Any piece of moving water? There is a closure that is for sure

Steelpulse
06-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Well shame on me for not. Knowing the regs however after looking at the regs the water body is exempt froom closurer ill consider it my lucky day

Fox
06-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Here is a prime example of why so few share stories of there outdoor experiences. The OP learned something today, that's what this forum is about. Mike your comments are not constructive in any way.

mikeboehm
06-10-2014, 10:35 PM
The op should have looked in the regs. Its his responsibility to know the regs. He got lucky that's it was exempt. There's no excuses for not knowing the regs. Hope he learns from this. So I was wrong for pointing out his mistake, I don't think so. There's too many ignorantpeople out there.

Steelpulse
06-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes. I can agree there I usually am very on top of the regs this is for sure a first time not knowing, very lucky was exempt, and yes my responsibility to know as ignorance is no excuse

markomoose
06-11-2014, 02:35 AM
Alright Steelpulse mikeboehm will let it slide this time but don't piss him off he's in C.O. MODE!heheheha

Steelpulse
06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Haha that's allowed in my books, glad you guys pointed it out

06-11-2014, 07:58 AM
this is why i have a copy of both regs in the truck.... Just sayin'

Now we got all that sorted out..... where the heck are the pics!

hoochie
06-11-2014, 08:06 AM
I think most of us can say that at some point in our hunting fishing careers, there has been at least one time we have made a mistake. Constructive advise goes farther than jumping all over someone.
I recall about 15yrs ago; we were fishing the Vedder river. I had a spring in a pool of rocks, and was fishing with some friends. Along comes a guy from fisheries who asked who's fish this was. I told him it was mine. He asked if he could take some scales and measure the fish etc. I said go ahead. As he was leaving, he smiled at me and said "that's a beauty of a coho"

06-11-2014, 08:11 AM
I think most of us can say that at some point in our hunting fishing careers, there has been at least one time we have made a mistake. Constructive advise goes farther than jumping all over someone.
I recall about 15yrs ago; we were fishing the Vedder river. I had a spring in a pool of rocks, and was fishing with some friends. Along comes a guy from fisheries who asked who's fish this was. I told him it was mine. He asked if he could take some scales and measure the fish etc. I said go ahead. As he was leaving, he smiled at me and said "that's a beauty of a coho"

Yep you are right.
most of us are out there for the right reasons,,, some of us screw up in some incidental way at one point or another... pointing out to people who just messed up is way better then calling them a poacher...
People come to The Cowichan river to camp,,, then they go fishing,,,, at parts of the year the river there is fly only and others its closed and even again it is open to spinning.... i see people all the time screwing it up.... a polite,, "Hey your doing it wrong" does the trick,,, they go home and realise they broke the law through ignorance and wont do it again... People who blatantly and knowingly break the law are different.

now where are the pics!

itsy bitsy xj
06-11-2014, 08:30 AM
To the op, thanks for sharing the story. to those who flamed him, it seems like an honest mistake. Yes he should know the regs but it is possible to to screw up. I don't think there was a need to jump all over the guy like he was a poacher. Just seemed a little harsh.

My 2 cents worth

mikeboehm
06-11-2014, 08:58 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?107171-just-a-heads-up-about-fishing-lakes-in-the-lower-mainland-regulations

This is why I jumped all over him.

06-11-2014, 09:28 AM
well then teach him....
or get a badge

Good2bCanadian
06-11-2014, 09:48 AM
It's one thing to read the regs and misinterpret and make a mistake, vs not reading and being ignorant to it.

Study your regs boys n girls.

I'm not pointing out the OP, just making a statement.

two-feet
06-13-2014, 08:30 PM
I have been hunting and fishing since before i can remember and always lawfully, my old man was a real stickler for "by the book" as he taught me in the bush. So i have been reading the regulations for 25years and still pick up something new every time i sit down and go through the finer details.
Shit does happen, dont see the guy as a poacher, lesson learned.

mikeboehm
06-13-2014, 08:50 PM
I don't see him as a poacher, but he admitted to throwing in a fishing line without bowing if it was legal to fish. I don't believe it really was a mistake it was stupidity imho

HarryToolips
06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Way to go Steelpulse, I'd love to find a hot spot like that....I'm gonna be lookin for a few like that this year..does it look like the swamp is the product of snowmelt mostly or do you think it will be there year round?? I see your mistake was already pointed out so that's good people are helpin ya..personally, I try to review both the huntin and fishin regs at least once a year, I find that works for me..happy fishin!

Jagermeister
06-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Okay, now that you all have outed him, give it up!

f350ps
06-13-2014, 09:53 PM
I don't see him as a poacher, but he admitted to throwing in a fishing line without bowing if it was legal to fish. I don't believe it really was a mistake it was stupidity imho
I hope you never make a mistake, cuz I'll jam it so far down yer throat you'll be hopin I bonk ya! I sure hope for yer sake that that waterway that you sunk Granny's truck in wasn't a fish bearing stream! K

REMINGTON JIM
06-13-2014, 09:57 PM
I hope you never make a mistake, cuz I'll jam it so far down yer throat you'll be hopin I bonk ya! I sure hope for yer sake that that waterway that you sunk Granny's truck in wasn't a fish bearing stream! K

HA ! HA ! LMFFAO ! thats too funny - Grannys truck ! :-D RJ