PDA

View Full Version : Albert River Bridges

Ron.C
06-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Good Day All,

I'll be heading out to Alberta next week. On the way home, I'll be taking a detour to camp for a night or so. Can anyone tell me if the bridge over the Albert River at the Albert Rvr Rec site has been repaired after last years floods?

Would like to head up into the VCA for a look if the main bridge over the Albert has bee repaired.

Thanks

knockturnal
06-10-2014, 03:07 PM
When i was up there in september of last year, I had talked to some forestry guys that said it would probably not get fixed in their lifetime with the department. That being said, i also talked to a guy that had said he worked for a logging company that was planning to log up there. It wasnt just the albert bridge on the palliser that washed out though. Its also washed out a few more times up the albert road. You could get by some of it with a quad but at one drainage, water washed out 6ft of road before one of the bridges. Seems like a lot of work for a government that cutting budgets all over the place.

TyTy
06-10-2014, 06:02 PM
oh no. please keep us informed. i like to hunt up there, put in for moose.

Jelvis
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
The Albert is paradise on earth folks, elk by the herds in the back basins, and some right in the rock slide shute draws off the road closure. You reach the park boundary if you hike in.
The Albert is King
Jel to the Albert to elk and scenery to die for --- tok @ me

Everett
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
It was out as of a few weeks back.

smoothbor
06-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Was in there with my son last year in October he had a moose draw. Talked with a forester there and he said there was no chance of a new bridge going in at all and as well said the road further in past the Albert was in bad shape as well we did see the loggers moving what I assumed was a temporary bridge or mobile bridge out of a cut just past the Albert turn off that crossed the river into some nice country but the logger told us the road over there was put to bed as well. They were logging pretty hard bringing wood down the lodge pole main from the north white in September due to the washouts towards white swan but when we went back in October they were gone and had deactivated the road they opened up between the two areas

knockturnal
06-11-2014, 03:46 PM
did you get your moose out of there?

Ron.C
06-12-2014, 08:42 AM
We didn't have a Moose tag last year, but saw a couple bulls in the general area. have seen lots of Moose up the Albert VCA in past years.

budismyhorse
06-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Sorry Ron...... Bridge isn't fixed.... And the govt has no plans....

from the horses mouth.

smoothbor
06-16-2014, 03:37 PM
We went early in September with the bow and saw quite of few moose and a couple good bulls but had no luck. My son is only 13 so bow hunting was tough but a lot of fun. We went back for the rifle opener for a week and never saw a moose the palliser was very very busy with deer hunters for the whitetail deer season at that time there was a lot of hunters and shooting going on lol.

knockturnal
06-16-2014, 05:30 PM
I probably saw you guys in there. We were camoed at the Albert river site for almost 3 weeks.

smoothbor
06-16-2014, 08:11 PM
We were camped at the top of lodge pole we had 2 draws one in the palliser and one in the north white both unsuccessful but a great time. Early was great and fun but October sucked bad put lots of miles on the boots and tires not one moose was seen on our October trip but I think the whitey hunters were making lots of noise lol great place to take the kids for a deer hunt though I think we spoke quite a few times up the fisher road?

knockturnal
06-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Hmmm. I'm drawing a blank. I was always driving around on a blue Polaris. I talked to quite a few people up there. I did see a few moose though. A couple great big *******s in full velvet too. Coulda plunked an arrow in them with no problems. Ran into this guy a couple times.
http://s.photobucket.com/user/knockturnal/media/moose3_zps9e6a445c.mp4.html