PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's ON!

Spirit's Master
06-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Fished the whole day out in Barkley near Swale Rk. Friends from the Interior made a trip out and we hit it pretty good. 3 Rockfish and a 4 person limit of Springs. Lost a few more, flipped a few off at the boat and had a few long releases.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/SpiritsMaster/20140602_190114_5.jpg (http://s625.photobucket.com/user/SpiritsMaster/media/20140602_190114_5.jpg.html)

The biggest fish were 22, 18 and 15#. Most of them were caught between 69'-119' on green/chrome 3.5/4" coyotes behind a green flasher.

Commercial Sockeye opening tomorrow between Pochahontas and Pill Pt. There were no less than 50 gillnetters lining the Inlet camping out for the night. Going to be a maze of nets out there if you're thinking of fishing tomorrow. Saw a few fish in the nets in the river and a couple splashers on the run out this morning.

More to come.

cwf

Foxtail
06-03-2014, 05:54 AM
Sweeeeeet... My dad sold his licences this year, otherwise he would be one of those gillnetters sitting out there.

06-03-2014, 07:12 PM
We hammered on em this past weekend too, with 2 boats limits of spring averaging 10 to 18 pounds. Coyote spoons green glo, green silver, blue silver, behind green flashers at 90 to 140 feet was our ticket at Swale, Vernon, Diplock, and a few other spots . It was good salmon fishing with lots released or lost.

We got off shore with nice mornings too for Hali's ........ That said what a Stupid !!! Regulation on the size and limit, a complete hassle which will prove DEATH to big fish released with hooks in their guys or gills. DFO. Needs to get their heads out of their backsides and SEE what we as sport fishers are contributing to this economy, it's terrible what they have done to the sport fisher on these new Hali regs! In the mean time F N and commercial can pound away and Kill any thing, any size ........ WAKE UP YOU JACK -SS'S in the DFO that make such crazy regulations. Brutal seeing such a waste of dead fish. Nice going!
I would love to take one of these decision makers out and show him what takes place while attempting to measure and harvest or release these fish. We're only allowed one per day, six per license, come on ! I'm not asking to kill 6 breed stock Hali, matter fact 2 fish thirty to fourth pounds will do my family for the year, but to have to go out twice, in attempt yo take home a possession limit, and have to release horribly hooked fish, is absurd .

kyleklassen
06-03-2014, 09:37 PM
gill hooked with circle hooks

We hammered on em this past weekend too, with 2 boats limits of spring averaging 10 to 18 pounds. Coyote spoons green glo, green silver, blue silver, behind green flashers at 90 to 140 feet was our ticket at Swale, Vernon, Diplock, and a few other spots . It was good salmon fishing with lots released or lost.

We got off shore with nice mornings too for Hali's ........ That said what a Stupid !!! Regulation on the size and limit, a complete hassle which will prove DEATH to big fish released with hooks in their guys or gills. DFO. Needs to get their heads out of their backsides and SEE what we as sport fishers are contributing to this economy, it's terrible what they have done to the sport fisher on these new Hali regs! In the mean time F N and commercial can pound away and Kill any thing, any size ........ WAKE UP YOU JACK -SS'S in the DFO that make such crazy regulations. Brutal seeing such a waste of dead fish. Nice going!
I would love to take one of these decision makers out and show him what takes place while attempting to measure and harvest or release these fish. We're only allowed one per day, six per license, come on ! I'm not asking to kill 6 breed stock Hali, matter fact 2 fish thirty to fourth pounds will do my family for the year, but to have to go out twice, in attempt yo take home a possession limit, and have to release horribly hooked fish, is absurd .

06-04-2014, 08:51 AM
gill hooked with circle hooks

And Where do you see any mention of circle hooks hooked in the gills ........ Not all Hali fishers use circle hooks although I do. If you think some of these fish are not hooked in the gills and guts or dying after being released, or you think this regulation is a good one and fair for all sport fishers, maybe you too should work for DFO or Pattison, heck why not go out and buy Quota so you can kill any thing along with the Commercial Fishing lodges that DO buy Quota so they too can Kill any thing. Support the cause to make it all Commercial, then support farmed salmon net pens on our coast line too. They have turned sport fishing for Halis into almost a complete Commercial and F/N only opportunity.

We as Sportfishers have contributed the most to the economy across the board and are the ones with the least opportunity. Terrible decisions by inexperienced people ....... As said if you think these are good regulations for Sport fishers, go stand up in these small coastal towns and beat your drum.

Doublelung
06-04-2014, 10:14 AM
I was out yesterday bye myself as i couldnt locate anyone to go with as somebody bailed on me!! Netted 1 lost 3 in a quick trip. Seems to be lots of fish. It was a gong show to say the least heading down the inlet!! Gill netters every where!! Headed out again tomorrow.