PDA

View Full Version : To tent or not to tent

zpruden
06-02-2014, 09:16 AM
I have been thinking about buying an outfitters tent for some time. I have camped in a trailer with the kids and we didn't enjoy it so I thought about giving the tent a try. I would like to get some opinions good and bad on outfitters tents.

Things that have been on my mind is easy of setup, transportation ware and tare/ care

any info is greatly appreciated

Zach

jhausner
06-02-2014, 09:28 AM
I could give you pros and cons since I've done nothing but outfitter (wall) tent camping for more than a decade, but the first question I need to ask is why did you and the kids not really enjoy camping in a trailer?

zpruden
06-02-2014, 09:41 AM
We found that the trailer was to tight and crowded for are liking, and to buy anything bigger was way out of are price range.

jhausner
06-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Ahh makes sense. I hunt with 3 other buddies and we typically go for 2 to 3 week trips. I have an 8 x 10 wall tent with steel poles and then a 12 x 12 pop-up awning. We set up the wall tent with the wood stove and basically split it into 2. Purchased 2 x Disc-O-Bed bunks from Cabela's down in the states so we sleep 4 people in the space of 2 cots. Then the other half of the tent we set up as a sitting, eating, reading area. The awning which has a mesh screen around all 4 corners is where we set up out kitchen stuff and leave some of our food. It's technically only about 15 feet from where we're sleeping but if a bear wandered into there to grab some of our food it would knock over all the kitchen shit and stove and stuff waking us up pretty quickly (wind has done that too a few times lol).

For 4 adult guys that set up works awesome for us and like I said we have no issue camping comfortably even in less than -15C weather for 2-3 weeks straight.

I think I bought the tent for about $900 quite a few years ago is the thick three-ply whatever crap with mold and fire protection with poles then we have a wood stove we stick in one corner to keep it toasty (18-22C consistently). The awning was $100 from Walmart on sale (actually bought 3 of them because I use them all the time actually going to parks or even hosting parties). You can go bigger than 8 x 10 and honestly that just becomes money as they don't really pack any smaller/larger even a 16 x 20 which I think is overkill unless you have like 6-10 people.

Love wall tent camping to be honest. With an 8 x 10, 2 adults can set it up if you've done quite a few times, in maybe 30 minutes. We've set it up in 30 minutes too at 2am in the morning off an FSR. I'd strongly suggest marking all the corner pieces and then number with paint the poles to the corner slots then you just pull the poles and corner connector pieces, walk around dropping them onto the ground so everything matches up then shove everything together.

Another tip is build the top ^ frame first then throw the wall tent over top before lifting it up and putting the side wall pieces. A full size outfitter tent can be a bitch to get the tent onto especially if you have it backwards once the tent frame is fully erected. With an 8 x 10 also you could technically set it up by yourself just will take a bit longer and unless you spend more money and get aluminum poles you'll have to hoof a bit of weight on your shoulders when you go to put the first wall poles in (closest to center) but I've set up the tent a few times on my own without much issue. Bigger tent you'll definitely need a few people to set it up more than likely so think about that.

So Pros and Cons given all the above:

Pros:
1. I find outfitter/wall tents to be the most comfortable to me for camping in. It is a home away from home as I like to call it and you basically just have a giant box so aren't stuck to any 1 configuration.
2. If you get a nice wood stove and install a wood stove hole in the tent, it is just free gathered firewood to keep you warm at night, no frigging with propane heaters and the risk of CO.
3. Typically easy to set up. Longer than a trailer/RV, a bit longer than a nylon tent, but like I said 8 x 10 for a couple of people is 30 minutes at most in the dark if you label things well.

Cons:
1. Storage. Wall tents take up more storage when you're not using them. While the tent part can pack down quite a bit (my 8 x 10 packed up takes maybe 2 feet around x 4 feet high), it is awkward and you really can't stack anything onto it. + you have poles to deal with. For my 8 x 10 it is 25 poles + 12 corners to deal with. If again you cheap out like me and get steel poles, they weigh a mofo. I just couldn't justify the almost double the price for aluminium poles for my frame given a wall tent basically requires a truck/van/trailer anyway. So just keep in mind the storage space, then again it takes up far less storage space than an RV or tent trailer lol.
2. No off-the-trail back country camping. I have a little 2 person super light pack nylon tent if I do hiking hunting in addition to my wall tents. Outfitter wall tents you basically need a truck or trailer and stick close to the main roads/FSRs, etc just because poles + tent + corners is probably a good 500 lbs give or take.
3. If you want a wood stove that is also additional space being taken up in the back of your truck so just keep in mind that.
4. Getting wet and re-packing. This can be a big con because often you break down your tent in the rain or when it is wet with snow. You don't want to store it that way because while most good tents they will put mildew and mold protection it is not mildew and mold PROOF so if you store it wet you'll have a nasty surprise when you unpack it a month or 2 later. That means you need either enough space at home to set the tent up fully and let it dry out in the Sun, or to lay out the canvas portion in a garage for example to accomplish the same thing.

Those cons to me are tiny and far less than the pros. I've done many camping trips with a lot of friends during fishing season and they're all scattered around camp in their 4 to 6 person nylon tents and my wife and are are set up just the 2 of us in our 8 x 10 with awning. Within the first day we always have a few people asking if they can sleep in our tent the next evening because they froze their asses the night before or everything was wet in their tent due to condensation and I just laugh. :) I'll dig around and see if I have some pictured of our set up from some previous hunting trips to give you a few ideas.

zpruden
06-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the info, very useful. All your pros and set up descriptions is exactly why I'm looking into a wall tent they just seem way more comfortable at a much lower cost then an RV

jhausner
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Sorry a few other pros:
1. Tends to be warm and no condensation if you stick to canvas material, and super warm if you add a wood stove
2. If you get a wall tent that has at least 4 arches (mine has 4 not 3) then it will be good for pretty much all conditions including heavy stove. We've been in heavy snow a few times and with any structure it's a good idea to knock the snow off the roof frequently but we've a few times built up 1-2 feet on the top while we're away and it has been no issue. Tent is super strong.

boxhitch
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Another big plus is all the 'bushcraft' that can be a great learning experience for the family . Tents are closer to real camping than just RV'ing , so all the associated chores are part of the package . Simple things like gathering firewoood to building a table or chair from sticks , latrine and associated structure , campfire cooking , etc. It also takes some creativity to get the camp package list together , packaged so manageable , then tweaked with each outing as to what works or is necessary or not.
RV'ing is turning a key on the package , camping is creating a package.

jhausner
06-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Found some pictures from last year our set up for Moose up near Vanderhoof. Quick little video I took too to send back to the wives:

http://www.jhausner.com/Hunting/WP_20131017_012.mp4

Like I said flexibility to set up the way you want. We shifted things around last year from how we usually do it because we didn't need a sitting area and we put the awning on the other side because of the overall camp layout.

http://www.jhausner.com/Hunting/WP_20131017_011.jpg

http://www.jhausner.com/Hunting/WP_20131017_013.jpg

http://www.jhausner.com/Hunting/WP_20131017_015.jpg

http://www.jhausner.com/Hunting/WP_20131017_018.jpg

jhausner
06-02-2014, 10:52 AM
That's actually a really good idea the bushcraft portion. I've done that on a few camping trips with kids. We set up the wall tent as normal but make it a fun thing to have them set up a lean-to out of branches and brush or some other bushcraft like shelter. Had a couple of the kids actually want to sleep in the lean-to they had set up and it's good to have the wall tent the rest of us are in with the stove if they get cold at night. Make it a learning experience too on "how to make the lean-to warmer" the next day. :) Camping is supposed to be an experience in my eyes and you're right on about tenting adds an element you don't always have with an RV or trailer.

Love the experience personally and especially if you have kids around it makes it feel more real.

I did forget to mention, get a nice tarp too for the roof. If you have a wood stove, even if your canvas tent has fire protection, embers can still burn little holes in the roof and it's by far more difficult to repair a canvas tent than a $20 tarp. I'd consider something for flooring too. We just throw down a tarp under the tent (wall poles hold it down so basically frame sits on the tarp) then I bring about 4 or 5 moving blankets with we just throw down on the floor for "carpeting." It just makes things a little more comfortable for longer stays and in the cold it adds a buffer between the ground and our feet/the tent air to keep things a little warmer longer.

Boots off in the awning, no boots/shoes in the tent keeps most dirt and crap out.

zpruden
06-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I like the bush craft part as well something very important to teach the kids. Great pics as well. So does anybody have a preferred brand of tent and stove or good or bad shopping experiences.

jhausner
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
I actually forget who I bought mine off of. It was a company down in the US that had basically free shipping considering. If you're willing to pay a bit more then I'd look at Deluxe Wall Tents. I've heard good things about them. Really though you want to make sure it has re-enforced corners so you don't get ripping on the frame or when you anchor it, and definitely something on the scale of 10 ounce Sunforger (Army Duck) canvas that's treated.

Really though there are a few around:

http://www.deluxewalltents.com/
http://www.canvastentshop.ca/
http://www.capitalcanvas.ca/

etc.

Before you size, I'd suggest measuring out the dimensions in your backyard or outside somewhere with some tape or something, then move around it and see how things would fit with the wood stove you'd end up buying. You need to leave a safety zone around the wood stove mainly for heat purposes and can't stick them right next to the tent unless you craft a heat guard. My stove sits only about 1.5 feet away from the tent and gets quite hot so I crafted a metal and wood heat shield that gets put in the L corner just to protect the canvas from burning (won't set on fire but can burn and wreck it). Most people I've spoken with though suggest 2.5 to 3 feet around a wood stove so keep that in mind.

So if you go by 2.5 feet around the stove which is maybe 2 feet long that means basically a 7 x 5 foot circle around the thing. Just to think about.

Also I messed up on the measurements and was corrected by a buddy on my own tent lol... my tent is 10 x 12 not 8 x 10. :|

zpruden
06-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I think its time to make some calls

yamadirt 426
06-02-2014, 06:08 PM
I had the frame of a 12x12 storage tent and turned that into a wall tent. Bought a stove that goes in it and im all in around 600. Lots of deals to be had out there.

kennyj
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
We've been useing a wall tent for many years. Recently upgraded to a 12x16 from Deluxe Wall Tents. I think they are a sponser on this web site.We've had up to 5 adults in this tent for up to 11 days no problem.

kenny

Deeboe
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
In the words of a my good friend Swampthing at a company Christmas party one November a few years back... "The world would be a better place of everybody lived in wall tents." Come to think of it---That was the same party Smoothbore smeared chocolate covered almonds into the hotel carpet and our illustrious boss had to foot the bill---good times indeed.........

hunter1947
06-04-2014, 03:41 AM
if your going to camp for over a week the tent is the way to go if your only out camping for a short time then the trailer would be nice less work to set up I use the camper for elk season the after the elk season is over the camper comes home and the tent goes up till the end of deer season..

Walksalot
06-04-2014, 06:49 AM
I got mine(12X14) from Northwest Shelters in Surrey. I sent it back to get a 5 foot porch added and I am really glad I did.

zpruden
06-04-2014, 08:08 AM
I was looking at the porch idea. I think I will go with that option as well, just good for the extra coverage and for the price you cant really go wrong.

Hunterguy
06-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Wall tents are great for hunting, had one for 20 years, now the lodge. Remember that all the feedback you are getting which is great they mention only Oct. and Nov. Nothing like the heat of a wood stove. Now June, July and August take lots of bug spray wherever your going. If the kids like mice running over them at night great or if there light sleepers while the wind has turned the tent into a parachute all the more exciting. Took the family to experience the wall tent to Crooked Lake one summer couldn't get the tent down fast enough, had their faces covered in blood from the no seeums and black flies, again this is summer months Oct. Nov. Go with tent for sure the kids will thinks its great.

quaint bucket
06-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Nice information all around, just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing. I've been wanting a wall tent since I was a kid. :)

combine pilot
06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I have a 12x14 deluxe wall tent with a 7 1/2 foot cook shack. Went with the cook shack option rather than the porch as the people from deluxe tents said that the porch becomes a parachute catching way to much wind. It was not that much more expensive for the extra wall and door.

Good2bCanadian
06-04-2014, 06:40 PM
I got mine(12X14) from Northwest Shelters in Surrey. I sent it back to get a 5 foot porch added and I am really glad I did.

I just purchased a 12x14 with porch thru Northwest Shelters in Surrey.
They build them on site. Frank gave me a deal on it.

I also built a 30lb propane tank wood stove.

Taking it on its maiden voyage this weekend for a final spring bear trip.

barry1974w
06-04-2014, 07:23 PM
My wall tent is an old woods one. Nice tent, but compared to my buddies from deluxe wall tents it seems pretty shabby. I'd check them out, and have a good look at their stoves. Buddy has one of theirs with the water tank on the side and it's awesome. I bought an interior frame for my tent from them after seeing my buddies. Perry is good to deal with and I believe they have free shipping in B.C.

SingleShot
06-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Deluxe Wall Tents are a good product. A few tips....

Look at the Four Dog Woodstoves. The name is a reference to a "three dog night". That means a night so cold you need three dogs with you to keep warm. Four Dog Stoves live up to their name...good for an extremely cold night. I carry a small level in my kit that enables me to get the stove bang on level by shimming the legs with a small assortment of various thickness plywood squares and cardboard from boxes for fine tuning. I also use an aluminum tray under the front two legs to catch any embers or sparks that pop out when fueling or stoking the fire. It's a must to get the stainless steel side box with drain spout for a constant supply of hot water. 5 gallons of boiling water always available. A heat shield/reflector is also a must. You want the stove reasonably well tucked in the forward corner and a shield enables you to do that. I made mine from two 3 foot square pieces of aluminum which is light and packs flat as can be. I wouldn't recommend having you stove pipe outlet in the roof. Mine is out the side and it makes the tent much easier to tarp and less worry of embers on your roof. Not to mention the leakage factor. No hole in the roof means no leaks. Porch is good as you can store wood there and not have to venture far to grab a few rounds.

Big strong pegs are a must and at least 14 of them for a 14' x 16'. Pre-make your guy lines(bright colour) with provisions for bungees. I carry those cheap sand bag bags and fill a half dozen for staking the side walls down at the base.

5 inch worm clamps and tin tape for all your interior stove pipe connections and a stable four leg base with 8' upright to support exterior stove pipe. My base has a large hole in each leg which I drive a 12" spike through to make it solid. Pics to follow.

SingleShot
06-04-2014, 08:17 PM
A few pics...

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/logonphoto/IMG_2490.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/logonphoto/media/IMG_2490.jpg.html)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/logonphoto/IMG_2488.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/logonphoto/media/IMG_2488.jpg.html)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/logonphoto/IMG_2492.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/logonphoto/media/IMG_2492.jpg.html)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk300/logonphoto/IMG_2493.jpg (http://s283.photobucket.com/user/logonphoto/media/IMG_2493.jpg.html)

SingleShot
06-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Haven't tried it yet however it was suggested to me to take a six dollar bale of hay, spread it out and lay a piece in indoor/outdoor carpet over it for the floor. Supposed to be warm and comfortable on your stocking feet...next trip out. I also made a wiring harness and 12 led lights that attach to the inner frame work. Two minutes and a battery and the tent is lit up for nights on end with no danger of fire or costly propane or other fuels. The lights can be placed anywhere including out on the porch and turned on or off individually. Made a small trowel with long handle for removing coals and ashs from stove and steel bucket to put them in. Great to start a fire outdoors in a hurry. You can see it beside the stove in above picture.

Wall tents are an adventure and the possibilities to make them comfortable are endless.

zpruden
06-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Thank you for the great info. I like the idea of the cook shack. I am definitely going give the wall tent a try.

Good2bCanadian
06-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Used my tent for the very first time last weekend.

12x14 with 5' porch.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x415/mikesmith7/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps376a90af.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/mikesmith7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps376a90af.jpg.html)

Homemade wood stove

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x415/mikesmith7/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7fe14d9a.jpg (http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/mikesmith7/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7fe14d9a.jpg.html)

Its ts defiately a work in progress to get it set up how we want it.

Stove does not have a big enough air damper to get it roaring.
Tin was modded on site for venting and will be adjusted for next trip.
I need to build a more permanent vent stack stabilizer pole for outside.

12x14 is sure comfy for 2 guys.

BCBRAD
06-12-2014, 12:40 PM
google reliable tent and tipi billings Montana. the Yellowstone or glacier tents are far easier to deal with than a wall tent, we have both and have had a few wall tents in the past. For under $3000 you can have a Glacier tent delivered , an air tight heater and stove pipe form great western metal, a stihl chain saw, and axe, cots and proper tent pegs (18" x 5/8ths). Many people don't like tents because they won't spend the money to do it right.

hawk-i
06-12-2014, 04:31 PM
A wall tent is great if you are camping for more than a weekend....setting one up for an overnighter is a lot of work though.

BCBRAD
06-12-2014, 04:38 PM
A wall tent is great if you are camping for more than a weekend....setting one up for an overnighter is a lot of work though.

Setting up one of our tents is about the same as setting up an RV, less than an hour, can travel highway speeds with out burning uber amounts of fuel.

BigSlapper
06-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Davis Tents out of Colorado .... family owned company (Elk hunters all of em) and provide an outstanding product with exceptional customer service. I bought a 14X16 (windows/double zippers, etc)with an angle kit (extra angles for a 10' porch) - all up for $1100. Bought 1" EMT conduit for the frame for another $150 (cut it myself). In the process of having a full length tarp made. So far I'm into it for under $1400 (not including stove)

Hunterguy
06-13-2014, 12:03 AM
good to be a canadian i saw the pic and to stabilize your stove pipe get a T, cut your tent support pipe than join it together with the T and run an elbow of pipe with the third insert out and attach your upward stove pipe to that, just that simple.

Darksith
06-13-2014, 11:25 AM
My tent 14x16 5' walls and interior frame...I can have it up in 30min from time of unloading it from the truck. Then the interior setup is what you make of it, some guys only have a stove and cot, others have lots of bells and whistles.

I love my wall tent, so do my kids and all our hunting buddies, the wife refuses to test it out, but I will force her one day!

If you are a bells and whistles kind of guy you will never stop modifying something to do with the tent and camp, if you are fine with whatever and more focused on the hunt then you will be happy no matter what. The key is to bring as little as possible for me anyway

zpruden
06-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm not a bells and whistles kinda guy as long as its dry warm and comfy for the kids. My only concern with getting anything from the states is customs and shipping coasts. I like that delux wall tents has free shipping and is close by if there are any issues that might come up.

JasonH
06-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Not too hijack the thread, just want to ask a quick question partially on the topic.. If planning a trip up to 100 Mile/Williams Lake area in October/November, could I tent or would the weather be too cold? Keep in mind this would be a 4-5 person, not a wall..

HARDICAT
06-14-2014, 04:00 AM
JasonH. The best part of having a canvas tent and a wood stove is keeping all your clothes and sleeping bags warm and dry. We hang all our clothes on the ridge beam with coat hangers at night so when you wake up your stuff is bone dry and warm. What a great way to start your day of hunting ! Other than a cabin it's pretty hard to beat a wall tent in the fall .

Kami
06-14-2014, 08:39 AM
zpruden you may want to look at US web sites and compare. Do the exchange and compare it to local Canadian prices. Some larger priced items are worth having shipped to "Ship Happens" in Oroville, just south of Osoyoos inside the USA. They will hold your packge for upto two months at a flat rate of $5. It may be worth your time to drive down there to pick up your package. There is no customs and no brokerage or handling when you go get it yourself. You pay GST and PST at the border and that's it. That is the same tax you pay here when you buy a tent so it really is no big deal. I do this often. I will ship several items there and they can sit until there are several waiting for for me. It's $5 or so per package and I bring them all back over the border myself. I swear I have saved a lot of cash. It more than made up for any fuel I spent. Sometimes I use the "Ship Happens" depot in Sumas when I know I am going down to the Lower Mainland. I park my truck in Canada, walk in, get my packages, walk back through customs to Canada. Pay my taxes if they make me. Then there is no time wasted in any traffic line ups. Works great.

zpruden
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks for that info Kami, I never thought of that something I will definitely consider

Darksith
06-15-2014, 07:50 AM
zpruden you may want to look at US web sites and compare. Do the exchange and compare it to local Canadian prices. Some larger priced items are worth having shipped to "Ship Happens" in Oroville, just south of Osoyoos inside the USA. They will hold your packge for upto two months at a flat rate of $5. It may be worth your time to drive down there to pick up your package. There is no customs and no brokerage or handling when you go get it yourself. You pay GST and PST at the border and that's it. That is the same tax you pay here when you buy a tent so it really is no big deal. I do this often. I will ship several items there and they can sit until there are several waiting for for me. It's $5 or so per package and I bring them all back over the border myself. I swear I have saved a lot of cash. It more than made up for any fuel I spent. Sometimes I use the "Ship Happens" depot in Sumas when I know I am going down to the Lower Mainland. I park my truck in Canada, walk in, get my packages, walk back through customs to Canada. Pay my taxes if they make me. Then there is no time wasted in any traffic line ups. Works great.

Thanks for that info Kami, I never thought of that something I will definitely consider

One thing to note if you are thinking about this though from the research I did a few years back (and I reserve the right to be corrected) is there is less regulations in the USA, so watch out, they don't have to make their canvas flame resistant, I believe its an extra feature from some manufacturers. Last thing you want is a tent that will catch fire. Another thing to take into consideration is warranty claims, they will be a pain in the butt if you buy south of the boarder. Also make sure to account for your gas and travel expenses, and yes you can pay duty on items if they want to nail you...happened to my wife and her wedding dress going to that exact place. When I was shopping for a tent, I ended up finding a lightly used one in Canada rather than purchasing new.

panhead
06-15-2014, 08:39 AM
I had an old Pioneer 14 x 16 with 5' walls that I bought off a co-worker for $400.00 many moons ago. It had a tarp sewn into it for a floor and we used to throw an old piece of carpet in it also. Had an old brick lined heater in it and the stove pipe ran out the side. Outside frame that we left piled on the ground and used year after year. Worked great. Used it right up until I got invited inside my Bud's ranch hose so sold the tent for what I paid for it. If you look after them there is always a market for them. A fishing Bud I have has one with a porch which is a real bonus. The only drawback that I can remember was the space it took up and the drying before storage, other than that loved it, but the meals are far better in the ranch house ...

gcreek
06-15-2014, 08:48 AM
I had an old Pioneer 14 x 16 with 5' walls that I bought off a co-worker for $400.00 many moons ago. It had a tarp sewn into it for a floor and we used to throw an old piece of carpet in it also. Had an old brick lined heater in it and the stove pipe ran out the side. Outside frame that we left piled on the ground and used year after year. Worked great. Used it right up until I got invited inside my Bud's ranch hose so sold the tent for what I paid for it. If you look after them there is always a market for them. A fishing Bud I have has one with a porch which is a real bonus. The only drawback that I can remember was the space it took up and the drying before storage, other than that loved it, but the meals are far better in the ranch house ...

You failed to mention the era of Mouse Manor............

JasonH
06-15-2014, 02:48 PM
JasonH. The best part of having a canvas tent and a wood stove is keeping all your clothes and sleeping bags warm and dry. We hang all our clothes on the ridge beam with coat hangers at night so when you wake up your stuff is bone dry and warm. What a great way to start your day of hunting ! Other than a cabin it's pretty hard to beat a wall tent in the fall .

I'll have to maybe consider a wall tent then, what you say is too true.. Thanks Hardi

zpruden
06-16-2014, 12:08 AM
I have done some looking around and I think I am going to go with deluxe wall tents. I might be able to save some money dealing with other companies but I like the fact that my money will stay local and support are economy. Does anybody out there have a contact with in the company? I see they are a site sponsor.