PDA

View Full Version : Video Camera

bigbuckbuster
06-02-2014, 08:57 AM
This year I have decided to start filming my Deer, Elk and Moose hunts and was wondering what camera I should buy. I know a few of you have posted videos and I see tons on YouTube, any suggestions on what to buy? Looking to spend about $600-$800.

Thanks,

BBB

Kami
06-02-2014, 09:29 AM
My bushnell game does photo or video. Recommend.

bigbuckbuster
06-02-2014, 09:38 AM
My bushnell game does photo or video. Recommend.

Thanks Kami but I am looking more for something handheld with audio, not a game cam.

BBB

OutWest
06-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I have been using the JVC Everio HD for quite a few years now and it has done quite well. Only complaint is that quality is a bit grainy at first/last light but kind of expected without jumping up to the next class of cameras.

mikeboehm
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
I bought a drift ghost hd camera. its a sports action camera like the go pro. but it has better features and its overall a lot better

Rackmastr
06-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Canon Vixia line is pretty nice, compact, and takes some great video.

hunter1947
06-04-2014, 03:50 AM
I have been using the JVC Everio HD for quite a few years now and it has done quite well. Only complaint is that quality is a bit grainy at first/last light but kind of expected without jumping up to the next class of cameras.

I have the same video camera it takes decent videos you can get this camera on sale for around the 400.00 mark..

OutWest
06-04-2014, 07:27 AM
I have the same video camera it takes decent videos you can get this camera on sale for around the 400.00 mark..

Yes we chatted when you got yours. The HD goes for more but is well worth it.

Glenny
06-04-2014, 08:04 AM
If you buy Sony make sure it has the SONY "G" lens. A remote is handy too. I had the Everio cam and found the pic to be garbagey and took it back. Pretty happy now with the Sony HD cam. With the G lens.

NMO
06-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Don't know specific makes, not my specialty, but what you are going to want is something with really good low light/high iso capabilities. Compact, crisp lens, and image stabilization is great, but if your low light shots are terribly grainy you won't be satisfied.

Drillbit
06-04-2014, 10:57 AM
If you buy Sony make sure it has the SONY "G" lens. A remote is handy too. I had the Everio cam and found the pic to be garbagey and took it back. Pretty happy now with the Sony HD cam. With the G lens.

Pretty sure that's what I have too (sony HD). It's great. Been through a lot and is still kickin.

Stone Sheep Steve
06-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Don't know specific makes, not my specialty, but what you are going to want is something with really good low light/high iso capabilities. Compact, crisp lens, and image stabilization is great, but if your low light shots are terribly grainy you won't be satisfied.

X2 on the image stabilization. Makes a world of difference.

SSS

markt308
06-04-2014, 03:21 PM
You definitly don't need to spend in the $800 range. I've owned tons of different vid cams from the very high end down to $400 range. These days u can buy a great handheld HD cam that is easy to bring hunting for about $500 or maybe even a little less! I used to be all canon, but my latest handheld is a Panasonic and its the best I've had

.300WSMImpact!
06-04-2014, 08:35 PM
go onto http://www.campbellcameras.com/ they have great products at a good price

BearSupreme
06-06-2014, 07:39 PM
I have 2 cameras, one hand held and one action cam. Both are good for different reasons, my Panasonic TM900 hand held is way better picture and has a optical zoom. I got that camera about 4 years ago now and ive taken some amazing video and therefor been worth every penny. I made a custom head harness for my Drift HD Ghost and its great for a first person view, really only effective for 20-50 yards depending on the size of the animal. Here are 2 hunting videos I took last year, check them out and see if you like them! Both videos are reduced quality on youtube.

Panasonic TM900:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7J35iNLXec

Drift HD Ghost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tpRovcCxM

Cheers!