PDA

View Full Version : BC Resident outfitters for stone

cole97
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
is there any outfitters for resident hunters for stone sheep, if so what are the names

Rhyno
06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
You could try the Hunt Finder on the GOABC website.

cole97
06-01-2014, 09:16 PM
I try and I cant find any BC resident guided hunts for stone sheep on there

358mag
06-01-2014, 09:32 PM
http://images.terminusmountain.com/gallery_photo/1/171/slide/img_4185.jpghttp://images.terminusmountain.com/gallery_photo/8/168/slide/img_3581.jpg http://images.terminusmountain.com/gallery_photo/8/138/slide/meat.jpg Welcome to Terminus Mountain Outfitters, Dale and Sandra DrinkallSome of the Best Big Game Hunting in North AmericaTerminus Mountain Wilderness Adventures covers over 3,500 square miles, and offers opportunities to hunt in both the Gataga and Kechika River Drainages of the Northern Rockies. This unique remote area has no road access , and is based at the end of the Rocky Mountain Chain. Dale and Sandra, along with their daughters who are actively involved, have been in the business for over 30 years. They offer some of Northern B.C.'s finest hunting experiences in this remote area with quality Big game hunts, & Fly in Fishing Trips.
Dale has been an active member in many hunting organizations including SCI, GRAND SLAM, and FNAWS, has served on the boards of GOABC and NBCGA. Terminus Mountain Outfitters has supported these organizations with many donations throughout the years. Dale is a strong advocate for hunting preservation, and has been at the head of several wildlife enhancement programs.

http://www.terminusmountain.com/theme/Terminus/img/terminus3108.JPGWe Specialize in Stone Sheep Hunts and Combination HuntsCombination hunts can include stone sheep, mountain goat, elk, moose, mountain caribou, grizzly bear, black bear, and wolf. Everything required for a successful hunt is supplied, including guide, horses, and equipment.

Copyright 2005-2013 © Terminus Mountain Outfitters. All rights reserved.
Web Design & Development by Internet Guys. (http://www.internetguys.ca/)

Gateholio
06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
I try and I cant find any BC resident guided hunts for stone sheep on there

There are no special resident outfitters that only do residents. Packers only do residents though.

cole97
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
so then any outfitters will guide residents then

604redneck
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Yes u are right Any outfitter will take ur money! Jk if u want to do a stone hunt guided giver shit but I would just use blue mountain or steamboat and DIY

GoatGuy
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Think stone mountain does the odd resident trip.

cole97
06-01-2014, 10:00 PM
kk then whats DIY

Brett
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Do It Yourself....go climb a mountain

chilcotin hillbilly
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Stone mountain does them for a reasonable rate. It doesn't go against their quota so they sell the hunts cheaper.

REMINGTON JIM
06-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Maybe Scoop Lake Outfitters also ? :) RJ

BCbillies
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Like others have said most guides will likely do it but it will still cost you more than a few months worth of paycheques . . . and don't bank on them taking you to the prime areas or finding a 40incher for you. They will be well aware that your next trip is likely be a DIY back into their area and you may tell a few of your buddies. If you're 70 years old you will be more well received than if you are 25! ;)

cole97
06-01-2014, 11:05 PM
That makes alot more sense well then its better to DIY then can you guys give me tips for stone like what to look for then I was thinking of moodie lakes or cry lake, this will be my first stone hunt I have bin goat hunting up in mcbride so I got some experience with mountain hunting and my fitness is good , so far I have bin told by others that glassing is the key

Rackmastr
06-02-2014, 08:32 AM
That makes alot more sense well then its better to DIY then can you guys give me tips for stone like what to look for then I was thinking of moodie lakes or cry lake, this will be my first stone hunt I have bin goat hunting up in mcbride so I got some experience with mountain hunting and my fitness is good , so far I have bin told by others that glassing is the key

Get a good hunting partner and get hiking in the mountains where sheep are, and you will be hunting Stone sheep for the price of the tag and gear. You may not kill a ram in the first year, and you may not kill a ram in the 5th year....but you will be hunting sheep and learning something each and every time. Some AMAZING threads on here from both experienced and new-time sheep hunters. Best advice is to get out and hike and hunt in sheep country and see what you learn. Read, study, research, etc.

Course....its addicting as hell, so you've now been warned...

cole97
06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
The first place im thinking of is wokkpash lake and hunt in stone mountain provincal park I dont know if anyone has hunted there but it seems like good rugged country in there and also I dont know the history of rams taking out of there also heard its a great area for caribou too

BCrams
06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
The first place im thinking of is wokkpash lake and hunt in stone mountain provincal park I dont know if anyone has hunted there but it seems like good rugged country in there and also I dont know the history of rams taking out of there also heard its a great area for caribou too

Stick with your original idea of Moodie.

cole97
06-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Have anyone hunt moodie then , heard that there are some nice billies there too

BCbillies
06-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Have anyone hunt moodie then , heard that there are some nice billies there too

Don't get distracted by goats, caribou, or whatever else crosses your path. If you want to hunt sheep I suggest hunting sheep only . . . I learnt this after my first sheep hunt and then went on 10 more Stones hunts with only one tag in hand and found it a much more focussed/satisfying trip even if no tags were cut. As much as I love chasing billies when I see one on a sheep trip I have never wished for that extra tag. Others will disagree but we're all wired a little different.

A book worth reading is "Sheep and Sheep Hunting" by Jack O'Connor. Cost me $125 in the day and is likely twice that now . . . will provide some good info and fuel the sheep passion.

BCrams
06-02-2014, 07:16 PM
What BC billies says. Lots of guys buy extra tags and get distracted. Moodie has always done well for sheep and it is not as busy as some might have you think if you get away from the lake.

cole97
06-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Do usually people go north from moodie to inspector peak or south for sheep I guessing both are good

06-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Another option for you would be Steamboat Mountain Outfitters. They offer excellent horseback transport services. They are not guides, but can take you into some great sheep country.

proguide66
06-02-2014, 11:11 PM
This moron ( Drinkal)is the #1 'bully' anti resident hunter that ever crawled around the ground. He would NEVER cater to any resident for anything.
Any other B.C. sheep outfitter that 'might' will be charging you 12 grand and up. ..... I believe that's about 6 paid packer hunts !

cole97
06-02-2014, 11:50 PM
I find it more easier to learn your self and have your own experience not following into someone foot steps but being my first true stone hunt Id rather get better locations and tips so far moodie , boreal lakes are good but looks like a timber hell , but I havent been there yet so I cant say nothing id rather do my first stone hunt in a open glass and rock country I dont know if it makes a big difference thow but I would figure it would be alot more glassing ....is there any glass plateau areas for stone besides spatsizi , mt edziza, and atlin

GoatGuy
06-03-2014, 06:36 AM
This moron ( Drinkal)is the #1 'bully' anti resident hunter that ever crawled around the ground. He would NEVER cater to any resident for anything.
Any other B.C. sheep outfitter that 'might' will be charging you 12 grand and up. ..... I believe that's about 6 paid packer hunts !

Pretty sure 358mag is stirring the pot to get a couple chuckles.:wink:

358mag
06-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Pretty sure 358mag is stirring the pot to get a couple chuckles.:wink:
Not me you must have me confused with someone who give a rat ass....:-?:-?
All kidding a side Drinkal's area has some of the best Stone sheep in BC but good luck trying to get in there ,but you all ready know that .......:-D

cole97
06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Is drinkalls around toad river ?

358mag
06-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Is drinkalls around toad river ?

No he sold that area to one of his guides . Nothing wrong with hiking off the highway around Toad River lots of Stone's around .

cole97
06-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Is there any where to turn off lock up and go then

Rackmastr
06-03-2014, 07:32 PM
There are plenty of places where you can easily get into Stone's sheep from hiking right off the highway. Did it this year for the first time and saw plenty of sheep including one that would have been legal on the jig, just not the right type of ram that I was looking for for my first.

Plenty of drainages and good trails into sheep country though.

cole97
06-03-2014, 07:47 PM
What highway

358mag
06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
What highway
Alaska highway -Toad River go on Google Earth and your welcome:-?

Harv
06-03-2014, 08:23 PM
i was up there last summer and there were vehicles parked at pretty much every drainage, had to settle for going down wokkpash corridor, realized pretty quick why i had the place to myself

cole97
06-03-2014, 08:28 PM
no I not asking for spots I thought you meant dease lake highway because I couldn't find stops there ,but does anyone know if the road going to moose lake is open all year ,in the summer to late September

leadpillproductions
06-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Atv rd open good to go
no I not asking for spots I thought you meant dease lake highway because I couldn't find stops there ,but does anyone know if the road going to moose lake is open all year ,in the summer to late September

cole97
06-03-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't have a quad thow you think I can fit a ranger in there

leadpillproductions
06-03-2014, 08:38 PM
Nope bridge right a start is skinny but its a great trail for a mnt bike

leadpillproductions
06-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Steamboat packers might be a good idea get u right into sheep country with horses . They leave u there and come pick u up a week latter

cole97
06-03-2014, 08:49 PM
the mtn bike idea I like lock it up on a tree and go hike up sounds good until some jerk cuts the tree and takes the bike it is unlikely to happen aha

cole97
06-03-2014, 09:25 PM
is it thick timber on the east side of moose lake road looks like it but it looks very open on the other side

cole97
06-05-2014, 02:38 PM
has anyone did a park and lock and went up tuktsayda mountain for sheep?