PDA

View Full Version : Kooteney locals help

brutus
05-30-2014, 05:54 AM
I am in cranbrook to built the addition on the hospital, I would like to go out fishing in the area in my spare time brought 3 fly rods with me lol, anybody have good place to start???just don't have time to do the recon so any help would be appreciated if one of you locals looking for a fishing partner I would love to join you. Did not bring my boat as I had to hull a trailer full of gear.ps I will be hiring a few locals to compliment my crew for this job I am the forming contractor on this project

Ddog
05-31-2014, 04:43 AM
Its Pretty tough without a boat seeing the Kootenay river is blown wayyyyy out and the other rivers are closed still. But there are a few lakes that you can fish from shore, one lake you can do pretty well from shore is Campbell Meyer,, that lake is a rest stop on the way to WASA its past fort Steele on the right hand side of the road, looking down at the lake walk up the left side a few spots you can cast a fly from, best is the last hour of light from the shore.
you can also go down to Norbury lake, drive to fort Steele then take the wardner hwy,, drive down past horseshoe lake and its on the left, can fish off the dock at that lake or wade from the South End.

brutus
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM
thanks the Ddog manage a bit of fishing,nice lakes around,just being out there made my day,found a tin boat in town i can use if needed so my option got better:mrgreen:

Lucky77_
06-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Moyie river when it opens is Awsome, south of the lake, used the fish yak and kings gate.Or gold creek water res.im not sure if it open but some huge cutties from what I've herd.