PDA

View Full Version : Bow tech Assasin....is it a good Compound Bow?

Martin16
05-26-2014, 05:12 PM
Hey Guys

considering purchasing this for my first hunting bow. Reviews say it is excellent but wanted to throw it our there to see what others think.

thanks in advance for any input

Martin16

Foxtail
05-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Shoot it and see if you like it. The bow might be awesome but might feel terrible to you. If it feels good to shoot, get it.

Martin16
05-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks Foxtail. I tried one out today and it felt really good. Pretty sure it is what I am getting. I figure for the price it doesn't break the bank and it will be a great starting point so to speak.

RoscoeP
05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Do you know for sure what your draw length is? Does the bow match that? Is the bow adjustable for DL without buying new cams etc. I hope it works for you, if you have a friend that knows bows take him with you when you go to buy it.

E.V.B.H.
05-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Excellent bow, I know several people that shoot it. It's hard to find another with that level of features in that price range. It's a high end bow in a midrange price point.

zogg54
05-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Starter bow? Yes, if you're starting at awesome at a great price. Lots of power, even with a 27" draw at 60 lbs. I haven't changed a single thing on my bow and it shoots great everytime I take it out of its case. Nice tight groups right out to sixty yards.

butcher
05-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Be aware that the accessories are junk. You will end up replacing the rest, sights and quiver. Having said that I enjoyed shooting and hunting with mine after I had dropped a few hundred replacing those things with quality gear. Killed a bunch of critters too.

BCHoyt
05-31-2014, 07:10 AM
Ive been shooting mine for over 2 years now.. LOVE IT! I have only changed the stabalizer on it so far.. I changed the rest to a drop away and hated it so went back to the hostage rest which has never failed me.. The sight is still on there even though I have a new 5 pin I just havent gotten around to changing and sight in.. The quiver will be getting changed as it wont work with my new sight. Oh sorry I also changed the peep to a G5 Meta..

Its a very fast shooting quiet bow... Very accurate.. You will be happy!

StoneChaser
05-31-2014, 04:21 PM
It's a good solid bow with a cable slide and binary cams. Draw length is adjusted via rotating modules. The accessories that come in the RAK package are plastic junk, so count on replacing them if you plan to start dragging your bow around on some serious hunts.

pappy
06-03-2014, 05:31 PM
The only thing I replaced on mine was the rest, everything else is good enough for me but I'm not a hardcore bowhunter. Less than a $1000 with a dozen arrows, field points and one set of broadheads. That's a good deal for what you get. I have been wrecking my fletching and nocks almost getting robin hood's at 30 and 20 yards. I found it to be the easiest bow to shoot out of the three I have owned, but the other two were way older and nowhere near the technology. As long as its set up right for you, then you'll like it.

Martin16
06-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. Really appreciate the input.