PDA

View Full Version : Lots of whitetail in the hills

B-rad
05-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Been out bear hunting 8 days straight around kamloops,,,,,definatly lots of bear around,,holding out for a cinnamon,,,,,,anyways,,,,,I've been seeing soooooo many whitetail around,,,,surprising at the amount,,,,,I was up top barnhartvale Campbell lake area,,,,and seen my first 2 whitetail in barnhartvale last night,,,,,,nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years,,,,,a doe and a button buck,,,,,was wondering if anyone else been spotting whitetail in areas they have never seen them before this spring

mcmullmar
05-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Saw 3 in the Princeton area, The first 3 that I have seen in around 5 years years of hunting there

Dannybuoy
05-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Been out bear hunting 8 days straight around kamloops,,,,,definatly lots of bear around,,holding out for a cinnamon,,,,,,anyways,,,,,I've been seeing soooooo many whitetail around,,,,surprising at the amount,,,,,I was up top barnhartvale Campbell lake area,,,,and seen my first 2 whitetail in barnhartvale last night,,,,,,nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years,,,,,a doe and a button buck,,,,,was wondering if anyone else been spotting whitetail in areas they have never seen them before this spring

Lots of whitetails around Barnhartvale in the almost 30 + years I have been in that area .... ie robbins range and the power lines , and its only a few miles over the top to douglas lake range which is lousy with whities so its only a matter of time before they fill in between now that's its been logged off

Steelpulse
05-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Lots of whitetails all around the loops, my brother saw a herd 30 strong yesterday, they everywhere

SR80
05-26-2014, 12:49 PM
they are definitely popping up everywhere. If only they were easier to kill!

B-rad
05-26-2014, 01:04 PM
Yup there is tons around kamloops,,,,just shocked to see em in barnhartvale,,,,,I been hunting mulies,,bear and moose,,,27 years,,plus I live up here,,,,and can't believe this first time I've seen them up here lol

lovemywinchester
05-26-2014, 02:12 PM
they are definitely popping up everywhere. If only they were easier to kill!

This is your year SR80! It's got to happen this fall.

B-rad, not too surprising you're seeing the WT out Barnhartvale way. The woods around Roche Lake are full of them. The powerlines are an easy travel corridor for them.
"nevvvvvvver seen them up there before in 27 years" Its funny how I hear that so often when talking WT around Kamloops. Remember the WT thread from last fall how many guys said the same thing? Just shows how cagey the bucks are. I saw a few WT does on the road by the Heffley dump last month. They are all over.

I wonder how many guys are planning on trying to kill 2 bucks with the new regs as opposed too more does, which is the real idea behind the new regs I believe.

I'm really looking forward to this fall. I'm heading out near Roche Lake tomorrow and I am going to take a quick detour up into the hills and put a few trail cams up there where I know some WT are hanging out. The shitty thing about having a cam up there is when you check it it will have 190 photos. 187 cows and three deer!!

Here's a little motivation for the season. My buddys wife didn't want it in the house so I took it instead of it going in the dumpster. 1956 Russell, Sask. big buck champ. Scored 150 1/2

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/buck_zpsd5c0a55f.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/zippogold/media/buck_zpsd5c0a55f.jpg.html)

biggyun68
05-26-2014, 02:49 PM
First time in the South Christian Valley from Rock Creek to 60 km North saw over 200 White tail in the farm lands around the dinner hour:

B-rad
05-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Wow!!! Nice buck,,,,,,well I get both my whitetail every year in kamloops area,,,,,but now the whitetail 10 min drive away in barnhartvale,,,how awesome is that,,,,I'm gonna set some trail cams up by the power lines close to mcgloshen lake,,,,,woooohoooo new whitetail area for me to scout out close to home,,,,,am sooooo stoked!!

lovemywinchester
05-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Wow!!! Nice buck,,,,,,well I get both my whitetail every year in kamloops area,,,,,but now the whitetail 10 min drive away in barnhartvale,,,how awesome is that,,,,I'm gonna set some trail cams up by the power lines close to mcgloshen lake,,,,,woooohoooo new whitetail area for me to scout out close to home,,,,,am sooooo stoked!!

Have you ever noticed that huge WT dead head on the stump in the guys yard on Barnhartvale rd, just before the farms? Its got HUGE brows and looks like a thick 4x4. I always wondered if its a local deer. The guy probably thinks I'm casing his house because I drive by so slowly when I'm out there.

B-rad
05-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Have you ever noticed that huge WT dead head on the stump in the guys yard on Barnhartvale rd, just before the farms? Its got HUGE brows and looks like a thick 4x4. I always wondered if its a local deer. The guy probably thinks I'm casing his house because I drive by so slowly when I'm out there.
Yup I have seen it lots,,,,,,guy probly thinks we are both casing the joint lol,,,,I always drive slow through there,,,lots of mulies in that area,,,,I should stop and ask him next time he outside just for shits and giggles

ghost
05-26-2014, 05:30 PM
I live in Barnhartvale and had two whitetails in my front yard in the Uplands. This fall I am going to spend some time bow hunting in a few areas that I know they are hanging out.

B-rad
05-26-2014, 08:28 PM
I live in Barnhartvale and had two whitetails in my front yard in the Uplands. This fall I am going to spend some time bow hunting in a few areas that I know they are hanging out.
You ever hike up the mountain by you??(sunrise mountain)tons and tons of blue and ruffed grouse,,,,,lots of deer,,,and is where all the black bear come down from in the summer,,,,good view from the top

ghost
05-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Been up top a couple of times never seen any deer ,but did see lots of deer tracks and droppings.The view is pretty nice up there,might go up this weekend.

HarryToolips
05-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Just over 3 months til whitey season folks:-D

aggiehunter
05-26-2014, 09:45 PM
that whitey needs re-scoring...one guy saw two one guy saw three and then you add 30...sounds pretty dismal.

Jelvis
05-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Do we hear 40? Anyone? 4o or more? Hahahaha I gotta get me a whitetail to eat now you got the town goin.
Jp Moregun

B-rad
05-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Seen another 6 whities again this time heading towards hyas lake 2 of which turnin into spikers

Kami
05-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Yup, I'm seeing them in a few areas. The more time I spend scouting, I keep bumping into them. Sketchy little freaked out buggars that they are, makes 'em harder to bang versus a mulie. My game cam records their patterns with date and time. Gonna be some WT jerky this fall. I garn-tee.

B-rad
05-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Out huntin again,,,,seen 12 whities in westwold,,,,can't wait for deer huntin

hare_assassin
05-30-2014, 12:31 PM
I wonder how many guys are planning on trying to kill 2 bucks with the new regs as opposed too more does, which is the real idea behind the new regs I believe.

I couldn't care less whether they have dicks or not, I just want to finally whack a couple of 'em and put 'em in my freezer !!!

northernmoon
08-17-2014, 03:28 PM
I need help in finding a good area near kamloops to hunt whitetail deer I am fairly new to Kamloops and is wanting to hunt whitetail near Kamloops so if anyone can direct me to the best location close to kamloops please do

6pt_elk_wannabe
08-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Does anyone here have any advice for targeting early season whitetails ?

.300WSMImpact!
08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Does anyone here have any advice for targeting early season whitetails ?

Whitetail are a bit like elk, they stay just off the roads and just away from people, small bucks are easy to target just walk where you know they are you will find one

HarryToolips
08-17-2014, 08:21 PM
whitetail are a bit like elk, they stay just off the roads and just away from people, small bucks are easy to target just walk where you know they are you will find one
x2.......................