PDA

View Full Version : Passport Required Before Spring Bear Hunt

hare_assassin
05-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I made the mistake telling her about the tick situation.

Now she says no bear hunting until I renew my passport. (In case in need to go south for treatment).

She's not ready to lose me yet.

Give me strength!

adriaticum
05-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Why would you need to go south for treatment?
I don't get it.

Mulehahn
05-23-2014, 09:31 PM
Why would you need to go south for treatment?
I don't get it.

The Canadian system is woefully inaccurate when it comes for testing for Lyme disease. As our a result our treatment is sub par. Lots of people go to the USA for both.

hare_assassin
05-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Apparently Canada sucks at treating Lyme Disease.

adriaticum
05-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I had no clue, good to know.
I pulled a tick from one of my dogs last year. He is vaccinated for lyme, but I'm not.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Sounds like she quite the worrier.

hunter fisher
05-23-2014, 10:17 PM

yup, sounds like a woman!

gutpile
05-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Looks like she's got you around her finger :mrgreen:
Or I should say , she wares pants

hare_assassin
05-23-2014, 10:34 PM

If there was one thing I could change about her...

hare_assassin
05-23-2014, 10:37 PM
yup, sounds like a woman!

100% and then some. But heck, I love her madly.

hare_assassin
05-23-2014, 10:41 PM
Looks she's got you around her finger :mrgreen:
Or I should say , she wares pants

Not really. I could just say f-it and go anyway. I've been explaining how common sense and deet work.

604redneck
05-23-2014, 11:52 PM
Not really. I could just say f-it and go anyway. I've been explaining how common sense and deet work.
Then why not just say f it and go instead of wasting time telling us ur wife wears the pants? :twisted:

Rackmastr
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Then why not just say f it and go instead of wasting time telling us ur wife wears the pants? :twisted:

Bahahaha....nicely played sir.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-24-2014, 07:02 AM
Odds of getting Lyme disease are slightly better than having a bear encounter go sideways. But at least we have good surgeons in canada. Lol. I know that won't help her worry less.

My wife's a bit of a worrier too. We sent 2 ok spot signals the night my daughter got her bear. Apparently that wasn't enough. Lol! Wife was still up when we got home at 12:30Am. After 16 years together I've got her programmed not to worry about me but it looks like I'll have to start over since I now have our daughter in tow.

Blainer
05-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Looks like your hunting career has come to an end.
Mind you, I don't see hare on the list.

Animal Species Parasitized by the Winter Tick

The Winter Tick has been found on many different species of mammals. However, it is principally a parasite of ungulates. In Canada, it regularly is found to parasitize:

Moose**
White-Tailed Deer *

Caribou**
Mule/Black-Tailed Deer *

Elk**
Bison *

Blainer
05-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Whew, we got lucky!

Importance to Human HealthNone: The Winter Tick rarely if ever parasitizes humans, nor is it known to carry and transmit agents that may cause disease in people.

Wild one
05-24-2014, 07:42 AM
I am glad my wife knows I just don't listen :mrgreen:

john.b
05-24-2014, 07:57 AM
This is true, I have a family member with lyme disease which has turned onto full on autoimmune disease. The thing is keep an eye out for tick bites and if they start to get infected or irritated go get antibiotics. Lyme disease from my understanding is something that takes a long time to set in. Be dilligent and you should be fine.

Steeleco
05-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Then tell her in a NICE way that you are living in Tick central every day. Your already at risk just by living in the Loops among other parts of the province and the risk by hunting is increased by 0.0%

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/lyme-disease-tiny-tick-big-problem-1.1325529

Based on the map in this new article, "Go North Man!!"

05-24-2014, 09:02 AM
This is true, I have a family member with lyme disease which has turned onto full on autoimmune disease. The thing is keep an eye out for tick bites and if they start to get infected or irritated go get antibiotics. Lyme disease from my understanding is something that takes a long time to set in. Be dilligent and you should be fine.

Have a good friend who is suffering from the same.......very nasty and debilitating. While the odds are low of ever contracting it, between misdiagnosis and what appears a reluctance on doctors part to confirm Lyme disease it can be leave a person suffering in rough shape, my buddy has been bed ridden since last year and his doctors just recently agreed to re-run tests on him only to find there was signs of the disease that the first test missed.

john.b
05-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Similar for my family member. He fought with the doctors for a couple of years to run these tests. His main problem is severe migraines amongst other issues. The doctors fonall confirmed he has lyme disease a couple years ago but they still dont like to call it that. I believe they refer to it as autoimmune disease

Have a good friend who is suffering from the same.......very nasty and debilitating. While the odds are low of ever contracting it, between misdiagnosis and what appears a reluctance on doctors part to confirm Lyme disease it can be leave a person suffering in rough shape, my buddy has been bed ridden since last year and his doctors just recently agreed to re-run tests on him only to find there was signs of the disease that the first test missed.

7mm
05-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Might as well get tested for Q fever and Rocky Mountain fever at the same time