PDA

View Full Version : I can't beleive it !, I got a Grizzly tag!

BearSniper
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm in shock ! :o

I actually got a tag after trying for years.:redface: My first LEH ever.

I feel like going out and celebrating tonight, but I have the urge right now to make a list, start packing, sight in the Rifle, and get ready to head out.

Looks like I'm headed to 7-06. Time frame is from April 15 to June 15.

Someone hit me, am I dreaming ?

Did anyone else get one ? I suppose I'd better make good on the tag, I might not succeed again for 25 years.:-|

BearSniper

SUAFOYT
02-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm in shock ! :o

I actually got a tag after trying for years.:redface: My first LEH ever.

I feel like going out and celebrating tonight, but I have the urge right now to make a list, start packing, sight in the Rifle, and get ready to head out.

Looks like I'm headed to 7-06. Time frame is from April 15 to June 15.

Someone hit me, am I dreaming ?

Did anyone else get one ? I suppose I'd better make good on the tag, I might not succeed again for 25 years.:-|

BearSniper

We hunted there for years and always saw G Bear. Too bad that most of the good areas have been deactivated. Saw 8 in about a 10 sq mile area the last time there and only 3 were in a family group. Good luck.

BCrams
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
suafoyt -

You should send Bearsniper the area you saw most of the grizzlies and help him increase his odds of harvesting one. Its important to see residents harvesting their animals with the new allocation process.

BearSniper
02-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks fellas.

I'll obviously have to start studying the topo maps and get to know the region.

Looks like a fairly wild area on Google Earth.

Thanks, BearSniper

scuba
02-26-2007, 03:58 PM
my buddy got a draw for 7-06, he's never hunted bear or the area at all so i'd imagine i'll be looking for a big black along side his grizz hunt.

SUAFOYT
02-26-2007, 03:58 PM
suafoyt -

You should send Bearsniper the area you saw most of the grizzlies and help him increase his odds of harvesting one. Its important to see residents harvesting their animals with the new allocation process.

PM has been

jessbennett
02-26-2007, 04:54 PM
got me one too...:twisted: :)

hunter1947
02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Good for you bearsniper ,im happy for you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif now you just got to start your home work ,good luck ,hunter1947.

boxhitch
02-26-2007, 10:27 PM
We hunted there for years and always saw G Bear. Too bad that most of the good areas have been deactivated.

Maybe not too bad, afterall the bears are there . ??

willyqbc
02-26-2007, 11:55 PM
hey Jess...where'd you draw??

Chris

CHilko21
02-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Hey congrats on the grizz draw...and good luck on your hunt

SUAFOYT
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe not too bad, afterall the bears are there . ??

Actually, the bears were always there. What I meant was that the road deactivation, under that misguided forest renewal boondoggle, by it's very nature, forces us on to fewer roads and trails, which makes it more crowded, which, in my mind makes it more dangerous. I called the manager of the forest district about the closures in 7-06 and you wouldn't believe the rationale behind it. But that's another thread.

boxhitch
02-27-2007, 10:09 PM
forces us on to fewer roads and trails, which makes it more crowded, which, in my mind makes it more dangerous
In my mind, that clears up a lot of territory, now without traffic, that is open for hunting. Tougher access ? Yes. Fewer people ? Yes.
I have found bears, and maybe especially GBears, are easier to hunt, the further away from traffic. Less nervous or jumpy.
It has been proven over and over how roads affect GBears negatively. they like the solitude.

Pioneerman
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
I won't post my whole story cause it's the third posting for this, but I got mine for 7:23 A, looking forward to it. My first Grizzly tag, my friend got one for knights inlet before, but he jammed out. Geess, all he had to do was out run me , and the bears wouldn't go for him LOL