PDA

View Full Version : Eberlestock Just one pack

Aheny
05-23-2014, 11:01 AM
I am in the market for a new pack. I love the idea of the "Just one." I would use it as carry-on luggage for flying to out of town jobs, hiking, fishing, backpack camping, and of course hunting. Does anyone have any feedback on this pack, or another option?

swampthing
05-23-2014, 07:52 PM
You will enjoy it. I have the J107 which is a hair larger than the just one. I use mine for a daypack and for backpack hunting as well. There are better tools for both jobs but this pack works well in both applications. Add the superspike duffel and you will have a great "airline bag". They are very well built too.

Aheny
05-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks, the videos sure are impressive, and I really love saving money on multiple use gear. I was considering the superspike duffel, the zip in front panel, hydration pack. Accessories sure add up, but what an amazing concept.

OutWest
05-23-2014, 09:54 PM
Have a J107 with superspike duffel and other accessories that I would be willing to part with if you'd rather go used.

358mag
05-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Decent day pack just don't overload it .

Chopper
05-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Hate it ... practically gave mine away , it loads like a $hitty diaper

huntcoop
05-24-2014, 10:05 AM
google Mystery Ranch.

300rum700
05-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Not a fan. If you load that pack up to maximum capacity it will be the worst pack experience you can have. Works good as a day pack but why pack that extra weight. Kifaru makes the most comfortable packs right now and are very modular.

longstonec
05-24-2014, 11:18 AM
I am happy with mine. stuffed afew blacktails in mine without any drama. I have the blue widow as I didnt want the rifle scabbard

Papa Sasquatch
05-24-2014, 09:32 PM
I like my Eberlestock except that I lost a plastic, locking clip, first time out.

Chopper
05-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Not only does it load like a $hitty diaper ... it really does too , all the weight falls down to the back of your knees. It looks like a pair of pants someone took a monster $hit in. Its really helpful if your trying to make 10lbs feel like 30lbs ...

Aside from that good stuff ... the compartment for the camel pack is on the outer right side of the pack. So if you have water in it , its all one side ...

You could just put rocks in the other side to balance it out I guess ...

My buddy has a Dragonfly ... it loads the same way , when I hike behind him I always bug him and tell him it looks like he $hit in his pack Hahahaha

At the price they are pushing that junk at ... Id be looking at the new Kuiu for sure ... I think the Kuiu would even be cheaper than the Eberle with Kuiu's new pricing

Aheny
05-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot for the info guys, feel lot better about buying decisions when I can hear from some experience.

BigSlapper
05-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Have had the Just One and two others ... like the built in scabbard but sold em all for a reason.

Aheny
05-27-2014, 12:57 PM
I got a J107 in trade from Dirty, so I guess thats my pack for now. Hopefully it doesnt feel like a Sh**ty diaper to me LOL

With a tight budget trading always trumps buying something new.

huntcoop
05-27-2014, 01:06 PM
You'll enjoy the pack, we all work within our means.

Just don't overfill it and use the straps wisely and cinch things in as tight as you can. It will pack out as much as you can carry.

Aheny
05-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Pinterest is sure handy for keeping track of what gear you have/want/need

Chopper
05-27-2014, 07:32 PM
I got a J107 in trade from Dirty, so I guess thats my pack for now. Hopefully it doesnt feel like a Sh**ty diaper to me LOL

With a tight budget trading always trumps buying something new.

it will do the job ... I drag a heavy pack around for days. Some people pour 80k into boats to go fishing ... I hunt and hike so ... $1000 for a pack is no big deal to me.

It will get your gear where you want it to be.

Farmer001
05-28-2014, 05:52 AM
Have a J 107M and was disappointed on how it felt loaded at first. It did not stick to me and did not place the weight correctly for walking in uneven terrain. I changed one thing on the pack and now it fits and sticks to you and can pack more weigh and still feels quite comfortable . I take the pack everywhere now and it is built well. I really like the scarab because I now do not have to have a gunboot on my quad. My gun is safe and padded and pack is ready to go at a moments notice.

Aheny
05-28-2014, 08:32 AM
You going to share your trick farmer?

huntcoop
05-28-2014, 09:21 AM
You should also remove the aluminum stays and properly tune them to fit your body. Tutorial is on the Eberlestock website.

kayjayess
05-28-2014, 09:36 AM
I don't think you will be disappointed. I have the just one and I have used it on a two week stones sheep hunt hauling two rams out. So I have had it loaded up. Yes it doesn't handle the load as well as my Barney but if you take the time and fit the stays according to EBs website it is a reasonable pack.

WestCoastHunter
05-28-2014, 12:22 PM
Look at the Mystery Ranch packs

Farmer001
05-28-2014, 03:40 PM
All I did was take the top strap that is used to tie the load tight. I brought the strap around to the front so it acted like a chest strap. This pulled the pack closer to my back. This unloaded the shoulder straps which in my opinion are the weak link as they are skinny and not really designed for heavy loads like the mystery ranch shoulder pads. The pack then sat tight against the body, shoulder straps took less load and weight transferred to the hips where the load is supposed to go. Once I determined this worked had a strap made and attached to the same point on the pack. Pack moves less and walking is more comfortable. Weight placement in pack is important also as the duffel attachments move the load away from you so have never bought one but when the weight is close to the body as possible found travelling in all conditions way more predictable. How many time have you had a the weight shift on a pack and curse as you are heading for the dirt. Just my 2 bits. But like I said now I am very happy with the pack as what I spent and what it is designed for.