PDA

View Full Version : Noisey Vandetta Help

The Hermit
05-22-2014, 12:57 PM
I have a Leupold Vendetta that worked perfectly and quietly on my Limbsaver Proton. I just set up a new G5 Prime Defy and the Vendetta now buzzes like a 6 inch honey bee mating with a horny woodpecker! Damn! Anyone else have this issue and how did you solve it? Thanks

J_T
05-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Which problem Hermit? Having an onboard vibrator giving you a hummer? Or honey bees mating with a woodpecker?

Nope, mine is fine.

The Hermit
05-22-2014, 05:16 PM
All of the above. I took it off the bow and the Defy is very quiet without it. I tightened all the screws on the Vendetta and its mounting hardware to no avail. I might have to send it back to Leupold to get them to fix it. I am going to try duct tape and elastics first... I really like using the Vendetta but really not willing to put up with the noise.

The Hermit
06-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Leupold sent me a new Vendetta that I received today! I sent it down to the US two weeks ago! Gotta love that service! Oh and it is quiet! HUGE SMILES

Scotty-B
06-19-2014, 06:04 PM
AWESOME!!!!! Glad to hear it. I guess they couldn't get the Hummingbirds and Woodpeckers to do their business on their own time so they sent you an Aves free unit. That is great customer service.