PDA

View Full Version : Mabel Lake Question

jrjonesy
05-20-2014, 08:42 AM
I haven't fished Mabel Lake yet but I'm wondering about the regulations on it. The Shuswap River inlet comes in about 1/2 up the lake from the West and the Regs say that until May 31st there is No Fishing from a point 800 meters north of that, South.

To me that means the entire South 1/2 of the Lake is No fishing until May 31st. Does that mean everyone fishing now is fishing in the top half of the lake?

Mabel Lake 8-24
No fishing south of a line between signs on lakeshore 800 m north of Shuswap River inlet, Jan 1-May 31
Bull trout (Dolly Varden) daily quota = 1 (none under 50 cm); single barbless hook

r106
05-20-2014, 08:56 AM
never been there but I did see this thread might be helpful http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?106862-How-is-mabel-lake-doing

Kopper
05-20-2014, 05:34 PM
The outlet is on the west side of the lake. The Shuswap River inlet is on the South end of the lake, so you cannot fish the most southernly 800m. You just have your ends mixed up.

landphil
05-20-2014, 05:48 PM
The outlet is on the west side of the lake. The Shuswap River inlet is on the South end of the lake, so you cannot fish the most southernly 800m. You just have your ends mixed up.

This, exactly. The outlet is 1/2 way up the lake. There are triangular markers on both shores showing the boundary. Watch for logs and wood debris in the lake this time of year, and good luck.

jrjonesy
05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks guys! The map I was looking at was obviously wrong as it showed the water flow arrows going into the lake on the West side. I never even looked at the South end which also shows the water flowing into the lake.

Dannybuoy
05-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys! The map I was looking at was obviously wrong as it showed the water flow arrows going into the lake on the West side. I never even looked at the South end which also shows the water flowing into the lake.

Correct , water flows into the lake from the south end ( shushwap river ) and north end (Wap river) and flows out aprox midway via the Shushwap river