PDA

View Full Version : just a heads up about fishing lakes in the lower mainland regulations

mikeboehm
05-19-2014, 06:28 PM
i dont know why so many people fishing the lakes in the lower mainland cant read the regs. everytime i go out to fish a lake i see people with to many dollies or bull trouts dead in there possesion. i mention to them there only allowed 1 a day but to many people give the excuse of thinking there trout so they keep 4 each. its my understanding that they are char and in the regs ur allowed 1 a day in region 2.

come on people its ur responsibility to know the regulations

Gateholio
05-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Get plate numbers and report.

mikeboehm
05-19-2014, 06:37 PM
i just read most of the province is 1 dolly/bull trout allowed

mikeboehm
05-19-2014, 06:38 PM
im thinking i might. it happens too much especially when i go too chehalis lake

Big Lew
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
I don't understand why fisheries and COs don't target that area on the weekends, especially the long weekends. As you say, far too many of the declining Dollies are kept. I used to travel along Statlu Creek quite often. People frequently were camping by the creek, especially during weekends, and although Statlu is, and has been closed to fishing for many years, many of the camping parties were actively fishing. I showed many the regs, and took down license numbers, but they all said that they weren't aware that it was closed, and I never heard back from any COs regarding the issue.

mikeboehm
05-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes somethings gotta be done

Wild one
05-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately bulls get bonked do to people not taking the time to learn how to identify the fish they catch. See this with other species as well

Some days I would like to see a mandatory course to get a fishing license like some other countries. Would much rather people just get the crap together and stop poaching intentional or not.

Take the time to report them bulls are slower to reproduce and over harvest can really effect them. There is a reason they are poor numbers in many areas out side of BC.

keoke
05-20-2014, 09:39 AM
It would probably help if they did not have trout associated with their name. I know that you should be aware of the regs and species you are fishing. I dont agree with a mandatory fishing course. Its getting regulated enough as it is to enjoy the outdoors.

Wentrot
05-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Report them and/or accidently drop your knife on their tire. Ignorance is no excuse.

300win
05-20-2014, 11:03 AM
The lakes and rivers that carry these species have been raped for years by the RV crowd(retirees) that either don't understand or don't care. Please repect our wildlife leave some for the next generations.

Drillbit
05-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately bulls get bonked do to people not taking the time to learn how to identify the fish they catch. See this with other species as well

Some days I would like to see a mandatory course to get a fishing license like some other countries. Would much rather people just get the crap together and stop poaching intentional or not.

^ Or even parents start doing their jobs and spend some time teaching their kids what is what, instead of buying them video games and neglecting them.

Wild one
05-20-2014, 12:18 PM
^ Or even parents start doing their jobs and spend some time teaching their kids what is what, instead of buying them video games and neglecting them.

It would help but I find these days in the lower mainland a lot of new fishermen are adults.

Personally I would just like to see people follow and read the regs

ryanb
05-24-2014, 11:27 AM
People just don't care...Don't care to learn the regs, don't care to follow the regs, and don't care about conservation. The only thing that will change that behavior is enforcement.

Big Lew
05-24-2014, 04:17 PM
The lakes and rivers that carry these species have been raped for years by the RV crowd(retirees) that either don't understand or don't care. Please repect our wildlife leave some for the next generations.

Most of the people illegally fishing Statlu Creek were young to middle aged people and some of them had small kids.

markomoose
05-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Yes somethings gotta be done

Yes mikeboehm!! I hearby make you captain of the starship chehalis.Your ongoing duty is to report this scum to the authorities.Take no prisoners only license plate numbers and report back to star command!!Good luck & cheers!Your're awsome!!

adriaticum
05-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Give them swimming lessons