PDA

View Full Version : Gas stations in Likely

fearnodeer
05-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Does anyone know if Likely has a gas station, and does it have diesel, I have fond Gibson's Lakeside Service but no answer when I call.

Papa Sasquatch
05-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Well they did have Diesel A couple years back. I sure they still do. And they may be very busy with the long weekend crowd. The store clerk handles everything so the phone is not on top of the list.

Good2bCanadian
05-19-2014, 06:57 AM
There is a hotel/motel just up the road. They may have some info if you can contact them.

tigrr
05-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Even if it did I would still pack it up from the LML. Its what 1.30 a ltr down there. Its 1.50 a ltr up here in the bush!! Williams Lake is only 40 minutes away and its 1.38 a ltr. The rivers are rising to flood stage right now. Mountains are still bright white on top. The critters are coming out soon.

trebreklaw
05-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Don'T be cheap buy your fuel in the small places like Likely. If we don't support these towns there will be no services at all when you really need it.
We buy all our fuel in Dease Lake each fall even tho its 20+ cents more.
It is also illegal to carry large amounts of fuel on a highway without proper equipment and permits.

fearnodeer
05-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Don'T be cheap buy your fuel in the small places like Likely. If we don't support these towns there will be no services at all when you really need it.
It is also illegal to carry large amounts of fuel on a highway without proper equipment and permits.

It's not being cheap it is they have it.

M.Dean
05-19-2014, 05:35 PM
It is also illegal to carry large amounts of fuel on a highway without proper equipment and permits. Like I did a number of years ago on a trip to Pink Mnt. didn't gas up in Williams Lake, figgered I'd fuel up in Mclease lake or there abouts. Well, I found out there Ain't noth'in open after ten O clock in them there parts! About 4 AM me and my buddy walked a few miles to a farm house we'd seen had a light on as we went by, the dogs woke everyone up, and thank God the guy had a fiver of gas we could buy from him!!! I tried to give the guy a 50 dollar deposit on the gas and gas can, just to prove we'd bring his container back, he said out here we still trust folks, this ain't the big City he told us!!! So, after walking back to the truck and trailer, taking turns packing that life saving fuel, we drove into his yard, paid him exactly what he'd paid for the gas, he wouldn't take a dime more, and off we went! So, the morel to this 5 thousand word essay is fill up in "Williams Lake", that old guy might have passed away by now!!!

itsy bitsy xj
05-19-2014, 06:28 PM
So, the morel to this 5 thousand word essay is fill up in "Williams Lake", that old guy might have passed away by now!!!

I learnt that hard lesson alone on my motorcycle in Montana...

Drillbit
05-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Gas for sure. Had diesel last time I was there. Phone any Likely phone number and they'll tell you exactly what's there. Friendly folks there:)

Here's the Smiths I'm sure one of them will give you a for sure answer

http://www.canada411.ca/search/?stype=si&what=smith&where=Likely%2C+BC&x=0&y=0

They also sell groceries and booze at the gas station. I think milk is $8 a gallon:)

Drillbit
05-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Valley General Store, Likely 250-790-2245

Yep, Gas and Diesel

Hours
9-8 Mon - Sat
10-8 Sun

.330 Dakota
05-20-2014, 03:52 PM
DrillBit is correct,,they have both

swampthing
05-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Like I did a number of years ago on a trip to Pink Mnt. didn't gas up in Williams Lake, figgered I'd fuel up in Mclease lake or there abouts. Well, I found out there Ain't noth'in open after ten O clock in them there parts! About 4 AM me and my buddy walked a few miles to a farm house we'd seen had a light on as we went by, the dogs woke everyone up, and thank God the guy had a fiver of gas we could buy from him!!! I tried to give the guy a 50 dollar deposit on the gas and gas can, just to prove we'd bring his container back, he said out here we still trust folks, this ain't the big City he told us!!! So, after walking back to the truck and trailer, taking turns packing that life saving fuel, we drove into his yard, paid him exactly what he'd paid for the gas, he wouldn't take a dime more, and off we went! So, the morel to this 5 thousand word essay is fill up in "Williams Lake", that old guy might have passed away by now!!!

Been there done that!! A couple times.

tigrr
05-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Awe I was going to suggest coming to Horsefly, fill up with fuel, stop for wobbly pop, go back huntin!! Dang

Fred1
05-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Awe I was going to suggest coming to Horsefly, fill up with fuel, stop for wobbly pop, go back huntin!! Dang
Goooood caaaallllll......

biggyun68
05-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Drove into Horsefly from Camp in 1996 to watch the Canada Cup, buy beer and do laundry... good memories
Went jogging every night before dinner with the camp dog so he would tree the Bears...

fowl language
05-20-2014, 10:23 PM
there he goes again ,giving away all the bear honey holes

biggyun68
05-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Ahhh but KM marker was it?