PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Air Rifle Scope

epicZERO74
05-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Hello! I am looking for a scope that can fit a crossman nitro venom .22 air rifle. The scope that it comes with is junk, blurry at distances and impossible to zero. I am a good shot. The pellet went high. So I am looking for a new scope. I would like one under $100 or even better under $50-70. It does not need to be the best scope in the world but accurate at 30-50 yards, as I probably won't be shooting an animal over 30 yards.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Note: I DO NOT want another centerpoint scope as that is what I have now.

Johnny G1
05-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Air rifle scopes are a scope of their own, contact D&L air rifles and get a good scope, a good rifle scope sometimes won't even last on an air rifle but they will take a pounding all yr long on a magnum rifle, go figure that one.

epicZERO74
05-17-2014, 05:05 PM
D&L looks cool, thanks!

Pete
05-17-2014, 05:31 PM
You will also want to invest in a Dampo base. this will remove some of the shock on scope. D&L are great and will lead you in the right direct. I gave up on spring load air rifles years ago and now only use straight Air Rifles like the Air Force

E.B.
05-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Bushnell 3-9 dusk and dawn rifle scope will do the job and only 69.oo on Ebay. Got mine delivered to my door for 89.00 tax inc. Most inexpensive scopes are not the clearest at higher power than 6 but that is plenty for under 50yrds.

Jagermeister
05-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Consider this. Your scope is mounted about 1.75-1.8" above the muzzle. At a distance of 5', you should have been holding close to that measurement. You need to take your air rifle to a range and shot the same grain and design pellet at 5 yard intervals out to your zero. You can extend that beyond zero to see how the trajectory tails off.