PDA

View Full Version : reminder re squamish valley may long

ducktoller
05-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Big multi day rave starting this weekend around mile 28.
Usually pretty big attendance.

Fella
05-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Gross, imagine all the garbage!

ducktoller
05-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Tbh most of the rave kids that do bush raves aren't super bad except for the big festivals. Like Shambala

It's the guys in bro trucks leaving shells and full garbage bags etc

Quesnel Kid
05-16-2014, 02:40 PM
Tbh most of the rave kids that do bush raves aren't super bad except for the big festivals. Like Shambala

It's the guys in bro trucks leaving shells and full garbage bags etc

Truth!!!!!!!!!!!

Wentrot
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Gross, imagine all the garbage!

Most of the trash after these raves is just empty gram bags.

One Shot
05-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Big multi day rave starting this weekend around mile 28.
Usually pretty big attendance.

Is that not posted private property?

Jelvis
05-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Would you let your child attend a rave or say, " No way!" I'm a little Squeemish about Squamish.
Talk to me.
Boz Scaggz

Morel
05-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I found out the festival is called Alluvium. They have a facebook page. According to the information on the festival page, the location has been moved from Squamish valley to private property outside Pemberton. Good news.

ducktoller
05-16-2014, 09:08 PM
I found out the festival is called Alluvium. They have a facebook page. According to the information on the festival page, the location has been moved from Squamish valley to private property outside Pemberton. Good news.

That is great news.

Bear Brawler
05-16-2014, 10:22 PM
If you had the time, I know an older fellow who goes up Monday afternoon or tuesday morning after such weekends and pulls a few hundred dollars some times in empties. He loves the cash and feels good about keeping the valley clean. I hate the long weekend citiodts so I'm glad it's been moved.

Beachcomber
05-16-2014, 10:26 PM
A bit of a case of Not In My Backyard, isn't it? Can't imagine anyone up in Pemberton would be too pleased with this switch of venue.

HARDICAT
05-17-2014, 08:33 AM
We all had fun as young people heading into the bush with our friends . We just have to teach them to bring out thier garbage! It makes me sick when I head to the beach where I live and see all the garbage the young people leave laying around. Lead by example and they will learn

steel_ram
05-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Always carry a camera and take before and after pic's. Get pic's of campers and their licence plates. Maybe we can bust some of those pigs, like those last year out Kelowna way.

ducktoller
05-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately didn't get plates of one truck. Going 80+ around the corner with people
Standing in the bed. I almost had to ditch into the river.
Reminds me why I always lay low on long weekends

Weak day but I clearly didn't go back far enough (still a rookie).
At least got to break in the 410, I did clean up my shells of course.

ducktoller
05-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Got a good hike up one of the peaks from an old spur too.

Also not all us citiods are slobs. Ain't hard to keep a bucket and lid for loose garbage and bring a few garbage bags

albravo2
05-17-2014, 08:28 PM
not everyone from the city is an idiot, there's just more city idiots because there are more city folk.

ducktoller, glad to hear you're getting the lay of the land. lot's of good terrain up the squamish, elaho and ashlu valleys. have fun!

geoskier
05-19-2014, 07:37 PM
What a shitshow!<br><br>I was up the Elaho poking around and I ran into several people breaking the motorized vehicle ban on the G road, loads of completely shitfaced people with sks's, one white tacoma going 100+ sideways around a corner (would have hit me if I wasn't pulled off), and then the druggies at their pathetic rave. &nbsp;<br><br>First time I have been chased out of the bush to date!<br><br>Luckily we ran into a CO on the way out and informed him of the assholes. Wouldn't be surprised if someone died there this weekend. &nbsp;

EvanG
05-19-2014, 09:55 PM
the exact reason I stay home long weekends

adriaticum
05-19-2014, 10:01 PM
The problem is the way we do policing today.
We don't prevent crime we just inhibit retaliation.

hunter fisher
05-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Went up mamquam today, not too busy, great warm day to sight in a couple rifles. no bear sign anywhere

Amphibious
05-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Lots of big bears up above woodfiber right now...

What are weekends again?

Iron Glove
05-20-2014, 09:02 AM
Our Tulameen place backs onto a large green space along the River where every August Long Weekend during "Tulameen Daze" there would be what might be described as a "Rave." They would bring in bands, a generator, set up a stage and hundreds would camp there. We could take the noise and the crowds ( the wife would say "It's only one weekend a year" ) but the risk of forest fires, the leaky trucks in the River, thefts in the neighbourhood, fireworks, gun shots and worst of all, the bloody mess these A-Holes left was just too much. On Mondays after the cretins had left, the neighbours would get together with rubber gloves, shovels, wheelbarrows and bleach and head out back to do clean up. Bloody pig sty. Broken glass, rotting food, piles of human waste, fires still burning, discarded couches, you get the idea. The cretins were smart - we came across a pile of Auto Mags in the remains of one site and every mag had the mailing label removed so we couldn't drop by their house with a pile of poop one night.
We would pile up the garbage then later on a local with a front end loader would come around and haul it off.
The Community provided Porta Potties one year but the idiots overturned them and burnt them. RCMP & Firemen were exctremely reluctant to enter the area.
It was ugly.
Finally camping in the area was banned and the whole thing ended and the Long Weekend reverted back to "Tulameen Days Family Weekend" and it's nice and quiet. No more coming to the place that weekend simply to guard it. No more worrying about walking your dogs ( tho' the broken glass is still all over the area ).
Yes, when we were young we partied and had fun but never, ever left the kind of mess that these idiots did. Glad to see that the Squamish Rave has been moved to Private Property. At least they are not messing up the public's property now.

Gateholio
05-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Nothing has changed. Wherever crowds gather to party there is refuse left. It's always been that way since the original Woodstock !

bcd
05-21-2014, 07:26 PM
What a shitshow!<br><br>I was up the Elaho poking around and I ran into several people breaking the motorized vehicle ban on the G road, loads of completely shitfaced people with sks's, one white tacoma going 100+ sideways around a corner (would have hit me if I wasn't pulled off), and then the druggies at their pathetic rave. &nbsp;<br><br>First time I have been chased out of the bush to date!<br><br>Luckily we ran into a CO on the way out and informed him of the assholes. Wouldn't be surprised if someone died there this weekend. &nbsp;

I think it was you guys I chatted with just after the CO left? I was in the white colorado with a canopy. I saw a white tacoma that had slid off the opposite shoulder into a tree just past the canyon at the bottom of the elaho. Luckily the idiot took himself out before someone else, and lucky for him it was there not one of the cliffs.

I spent some time up the motorized closure and didn't see anyone but there were some fresh tracks. At least they can't get up sims cr with all the deadfall.

TheProvider
05-21-2014, 07:51 PM
Lived in Squamish for 7yrs. Yet to venture down the Squamish Valley or Mamquam on May 24 and for good reason