PDA

View Full Version : Bear in the Tulameen Area?

epicZERO74
05-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Hello, I am going bear hunting this long weekend and was wondering if anyone has seen any bear in Tulameen, and/or where I should hunt.

Thanks!

steveo32
05-14-2014, 08:39 AM
Try boulder mnt fsr I saw a decent boar at 4 km when I was up there 2 weeks ago. But pretty much all of that country has bears. Best time to be out there is late afternoon early evening!

NitwiT
05-14-2014, 09:40 AM
please don't spam threads, i notice you started pretty much the exact same topic yesterday.. read, drive, hunt!

Mark

epicZERO74
05-14-2014, 03:45 PM
please don't spam threads, i notice you started pretty much the exact same topic yesterday.. read, drive, hunt!

Mark
My bad, I was thinking about going to princeton, but then changed my mind to tulameen so I started a different thread

Iron Glove
05-14-2014, 05:58 PM
In Tulameen right now but the only bears I've seen today are the Boston kind on TV getting beat on by the HABS. :)

olympia
05-14-2014, 06:20 PM

Mark

I agree with some of your advice, I agree with drive and hunt but not read because if guys like him don't ask questions then there would be no questions and answers to read for others that like to lurk.

Papa Sasquatch
05-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Hello, I am going bear hunting this long weekend and was wondering if anyone has seen any bear in Tulameen, and/or where I should hunt.

Thanks!
Same as before! ... Poop!

Steeleco
05-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Don't shoot our bears, you might just see a Red Jeep Cherokee in and around them parts. But there's no bears left! My son shot the last one 2 years ago! Ask Iron Glove, hell he lives there and only see's Tulamean bears that us Langley vermin post on here LOL

cloverphil
05-14-2014, 07:07 PM
I may be wrong but isn't Tulameen and Princeton a stones throw apart ?

why ask the same question 2 days in a row is needless
and anyone giving advice could say any road between whipsaw and the tulameen road from Coquihala
to any road leading out of Princeton, Coalmont or Tulameen in a 50 mile radius

there is bear in North Vancouver and Coquitlam too but if you don't leave the city you won't find them

by the way, there are many roads between Chilliwack and Hope and Princeton that may have bears too :-D

olympia
05-14-2014, 07:13 PM
you could dress up as a sow or just pick a road and cruise backroads at a slow speed and stop whenever you see a field/slash which is green. Drive some more and keep a close eye for thick bush along side the road that appears like it will open up just beyond, that's what I did for my 1st bear. Drive, stop, look around and eventually you will see scat or bear. Even after bear season is over it wont hurt to drive around to make mental notes for fall and next spring.

Iron Glove
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Don't shoot our bears, you might just see a Red Jeep Cherokee in and around them parts. But there's no bears left! My son shot the last one 2 years ago! Ask Iron Glove, hell he lives there and only see's Tulamean bears that us Langley vermin post on here LOL

I don't want your damn stinky Langley bears anyways. :-D
Sick & tired of our dogs treeing the damn things in the yard, by the River, all over the damn place.
Now being semi retired and living in Hope I spend a lot more time here, don't even want to see a damn bear, but please, a decent, in season buck, please. :cry:
Hope to try out the new quad this week, I'll keep my eyes ( and nose ) open and report in if I see anything. Sooner we get rid of all the damn bears the sooner all these Langley folks will stop comin' here. :mrgreen:

markt308
05-14-2014, 08:40 PM
It's certainly bear country! just get out there from say 4pm on and glass and you just might stumble upon a decent bear. good luck

Steeleco
05-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't want your damn stinky Langley bears anyways. :-D
Sick & tired of our dogs treeing the damn things in the yard, by the River, all over the damn place.
Now being semi retired and living in Hope I spend a lot more time here, don't even want to see a damn bear, but please, a decent, in season buck, please. :cry:
Hope to try out the new quad this week, I'll keep my eyes ( and nose ) open and report in if I see anything. Sooner we get rid of all the damn bears the sooner all these Langley folks will stop comin' here. :mrgreen:

Remember, the ones we shoot you won't find in your tree. We did see a runt in the fall walking the fork between River and Lawless. Some locals seemed like they were about to pet the damn thing LOL

Iron Glove
05-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Well, been here since Weds. and the only "sign" of bear was scat in town on the KVR. Kids on quads far outnumber bears so far. :mrgreen:
Son saw a big bear up Jura a few days ago, his G.F.'s Chihuaha ( trained bear kind ) took off after it.

epicZERO74
05-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Just finished my trip! Saw some scat on jura around 14k up the road and some huge piles in tulameen up rabbit mountain FSR. Unfortunately rabbit mountain was too snowed in so not much hunting was done

Steeleco
05-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Covered lots of ground in all the normal haunts and one very promising new one, but all we saw was 1 runt that didn't stick around to see what we were up too and a Sow and cub. 1 wolf way up on top of one of the hills above Otter lake and in one area that just opened up yesterday (snowed in on Friday!) we saw 3 WT does with 2 Mulie does. The WT's looked weird, mulie noggins and WT butts!!

Iron Glove
05-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Yesterday there was a sign on the board outside the Tulameen Trading Post saying "Tulameen Bear, May 15 "
So, we know there's at least one left over from Steelco's annual Tulameen Bear Harvesting. :wink:
The Mulies and White Tails intermingle around here, it's not just us Tulameen humans that inbreed. :mrgreen:

Elkhound
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM
yup...we tagged one bear between 6 hunters on the weekend. Saw deer not many bears

swb
05-20-2014, 11:56 AM
We went up for the weekend trying to get my cousin a bear.... He got one first thing Saturday morning. Saw 3 bears, a few moose and lots of deer.