PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to stir the pot ......but

dougal
05-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Going to keep this short. But just saying I believe the changes in the hunting regs are based on the install route for the new pipe line. The maps indicate that it will run north of Prince George. Therefore the impact on the overall habitat straight through the center of the Provence is in question. So somehow it dosnt surprise me that there would be changes to the calf season and other hunts stright through the middle of BC.

Kudu
05-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Going to keep this short. But just saying I believe the changes in the hunting regs are based on the install route for the new pipe line. The maps indicate that it will run north of Prince George. Therefore the impact on the overall habitat straight through the center of the Provence is in question. So somehow it dosnt surprise me that there would be changes to the calf season and other hunts stright through the middle of BC.

Do you know where the new pipelines are crossing the province?

dougal
05-12-2014, 07:46 AM
A quick google for the pipe line shows several maps giving rough route layouts and all of them put it smack dab in the middle passing through north of pg .... Between bear lake, fort st James and ending out near kitimat straight through. It would make sence that having hunter info along with the purposed pipe line that there would be tragic and adverse effects on any wildlife through the middle of BC ..... The way I see it anyways it's just the governments way of putting a buffer between hunting and commercial damages in those areas.

coach
05-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Can you explain the regulation process to us, Dougal? Have you attended regional meetings where proposals are tabled and discussed?

dougal
05-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Haven't attended any meetings nor. Have I been involved in the proposals . Just heard on the radio this morning the repeat of the last years jargon . Talking about increasing northern caribou habitat and the gears started spinning. I asked myself where does the pipe line go so I checked it out. As to the political mandate and actual details I'm not really sure but I figured I would throw my thoughts out there. It seems to me that one of the factors above hunter activities and logging Ect the addition of the pipeline would have an effect on the population of some of the animal species through that area. So it would have to be taken into account when making changes to the regs. Several ppl on here have posted similar concerns or opinions on the yea or nay thread wondering why changes like these would be put into place. I personally never thought too much about it until now.

r106
05-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I personally think the pipeline has nothing to do with the hunting regulation changes. I believe the calf season is reduced because of declining populations and the the very vocal minority getting there way. My 2 cents

dougal
05-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Also very possible

dougal
05-12-2014, 09:30 AM
But I'm sure if they carved a swath straight through the middle of down town vancouver there would be adverse effects on the environment and it would take time to recover to where it once was. I'm not for or against the actual pipeline just saying it would make sense that it would be taken into account for the over all picture. It's not a garden hose there running and it will leave quite the scar through the area.

solo
05-12-2014, 10:54 AM
What a great idea. Maybe we should get the pipeline company to do some sort of environmental impact assessment or something before they start construction.

kilometers
05-12-2014, 12:16 PM
According to Janet at enbridge their pipeline will improve caribou habitat.
Cant wait to hunt the increased herd due to enbridges pipeline.

quaint bucket
05-12-2014, 12:47 PM
According to Janet at enbridge their pipeline will improve caribou habitat.
Cant wait to hunt the increased herd due to enbridges pipeline.

Is there a rationale for that? I'd like to hear it...

Wentrot
05-12-2014, 01:15 PM
is there a rationale for that? I'd like to hear it...

ziiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

Caribou_lou
05-12-2014, 01:36 PM
I don't believe regs are affected yet. But at a recent Rod and Gun meeting, we had a guest speaker from the ministry and they express a guides concern of a camp going into a certain area. Which would bring more hunting pressure into that area. Is it a coincidence that the Ministry decided to have a Moose count last winter in the same area where the guide was concerned... I think not! But they wouldn't admit to it. So you may see changes to the regs in the future where pipe lines are present, but not this early in the game.

J_T
05-12-2014, 01:48 PM
But I'm sure if they carved a swath straight through the middle of down town vancouver there would be adverse effects on the environment and it would take time to recover to where it once was. I'm not for or against the actual pipeline just saying it would make sense that it would be taken into account for the over all picture. It's not a garden hose there running and it will leave quite the scar through the area.Nice, I just have to add.... I think that would have the least impact on the environment. What 'environment' is left in Vancouver? A concrete jungle, a social environment.

dougal
05-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Very true and the outrage at cutting Vancouver in half would be a million times more than if the wilds get chewed apart to make some industry's a few buckets of extra cash

kilometers
05-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Is there a rationale for that? I'd like to hear it...
No rational. I just here Janet on the radio about 20 times a day. And that's what she says so I have to believe her. She's from bc I here and cares about the environment
http://i60.tinypic.com/9pw6f4.jpg
See Janet in the environment caring

Fisher-Dude
05-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Wow, there must be a pipeline going right through the middle of the Okanagan too, as our immy season was cut in half and LEH was reduced! Call in the protesters! At least it will be nice and warm on the Okanagan beaches!

Iron Glove
05-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Very true and the outrage at cutting Vancouver in half would be a million times more than if the wilds get chewed apart to make some industry's a few buckets of extra cash

Reality is that most of the environmental movement, i.e. anti pipe line is from the Lower Mainland.
Likely a far greater % of the LML is against the pipeline than those in the Northern Regions where the financial impact of a pipeline would be greater.
And yes, the environmental impact there will be far greater.

SingleShot
05-12-2014, 06:50 PM
No rational. I just here Janet on the radio about 20 times a day. And that's what she says so I have to believe her. She's from bc I here and cares about the environment
http://i60.tinypic.com/9pw6f4.jpg
See Janet in the environment caring

Poster girl for big oil and gas money, that's all.

Fisher-Dude
05-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Poster boys for US-based, big money Tides Foundation, that's all.

http://www.undercoverkity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/NeilYoungTreatiesTour_large.jpg

300H&H
05-12-2014, 07:41 PM

I KNEW there was a reason they cut the immy moose season in half here in reg 8.

dougal
05-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Sarcasm aside the concept of a major construction project in a large area would be in my mind a valid contributing factor to hunting availability. I personally don't want to loose any options or opportunitys for hunting. And if the present changes didn't or haven't had the concept of such a project included perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it somewhere on the table of discussion for the not so distant future. Be the changes and affected area be in the 7s or down in the 8s. And this isn't simply an issue of lower mainlanders or okanogan folk crying for there losses, as hunters in bc it should be our duty and right to take note of the things that will impact our future chances at hunting here in bc.

Fisher-Dude
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
^^^ Do you read any updates from the BCWF by the Enbridge Committee?

f350ps
05-12-2014, 09:13 PM
^^^ Do you read any updates from the BCWF by the Enbridge Committee?
Not everybody spends all their free time on the computer, 85 posts in 6 years should tell ya something! I don't know why you guys are so condescending when it comes to these types of posts? No wonder you didn't last on the other site, they wouldn't put up with your bullshit would they? K

Fisher-Dude
05-12-2014, 09:21 PM
You can tell who on this site is too cheap to support the only organization that is representing hunters at the Enbridge table.

Kudu
05-12-2014, 09:28 PM
You can tell who on this site is too cheap to support the only organization that is representing hunters at the Enbridge table.

True dat!!!

dougal
05-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Well it is amazing what the power of 45$ and constant presence in front of a computer can achieve. The concept of superiority through financial donations and online support aside for those who haven't taken the time or had it to search the Internet and otherwise wasting there time with there jobs, family's and personal obligations can find some relevant information here at

http://www.bullyingstatistics.org/content/how-to-handle-bullies.html
http://www.gatewayfacts.ca
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enbridge_Northern_Gateway_Pipelines
http://bcwf.net/index.php/committees/enbridge-pipeline-file

there is plenty of other info out there as well. The concept of doomsaying others for a lack of information and the derived knowledge of true greatness is wasted if not shared.

The pen is mightier than the sword and knowledge is power. But it seems the ideals those tokens were based on has been lost over time.
Anyone can write something down and send it off to those they choose but it takes true courage to physically stand in front of another and express your views clearly, calmly and without accusation. If a person doesn't know or understand something or has missed a piece of key information it is always easy to point them in the direction that information can be found. It's very easy to point out the short comings of others. Emotionally week people have always found a place in this world . And to simply cower at home surrounded by empty coke cans and pizza boxes safe behind a monitor has never been my position or desire. Instead I am trying to better myself and that which surrounds me through knowledge and information I can find.

I truly appreciate the help and friendly advice I have received from this site and look forward to continued self improvement through the helpful voice of those willing to share there experience and knowledge base.

f350ps
05-13-2014, 07:19 PM
^^^^Well said Dougal, some people just don't get it!!! What I've found on here is there's the "wanna be biologists" and then there's their puppets, really obviously demonstrated in this thread! K

dougal
05-13-2014, 07:28 PM
It's as simple as even when we head out to sight our guns we end up coming home with a box full of somone else's empty shells. If a person wants to help in some way how hard is it to post a link or point them to more information.

It it is true I'm not on here 24/7 such is life. Though truly most of the people I have had contact with on here have been very helpful and those I have met have always been pleasant polite and mature adults about things.

two-feet
05-14-2014, 08:07 AM
In a similar vein....there are many ( 6 i think?) proposed LNG projects trying to reach the west coast and one of the proponents just released their plan which includes a 1000(!) man camp up the kispiox valley for i think 3 years. That is where i hunt moose. Dont think i am putting in for 6-30 this year. I am not blindly against development but this is a bit of a depressing thought for me.