PDA

View Full Version : kamloops bear activity

Steelpulse
05-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Out yesterday evening for a couple hours in kkamloopss area, 4 fresh piles of crap, some big snapped young trees with all the fresh buds eaten off and 1 bears ass sighted running full tilt the other way, did a bit of calling no luck, also a flat tire, had a logging tiire spike right through my friends brand new truck tire back. Out in a couple days

skibum
05-08-2014, 08:51 AM
I was out a couple of weekends ago - I saw no bear sign where I was hunting, but about 5km down the hill, I know there were bears harassing a friends house.

I was in a open greened up meadow and no bear sign at all (snow had fallen over night and melted by late afternoon). Did a big loop and nothing. This weekend though I am hoping for better.

Darksith
05-08-2014, 09:53 AM
its getting close to bear time around kamloops up high...down low they will be out no doubt

Steelpulse
05-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Yep all the sign we saw was down low

B-rad
05-08-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm in barnhartvale and already had one cruising through the property 4 days ago

r106
05-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Was by Merrit this afternoon to check on my Bear spot and it needs a week or 2 yet. But it's high up there

There was one bear out as I found 2 tracks and a pile of scat. Looks to be from the same bear

showtimebc
05-09-2014, 02:06 PM
ive seen a few bears around 3500ft. its go time now

hare_assassin
05-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Have had one trying to get into the garbage can over the past week or so. Last night he/she was there when I let the dog out for his evening piss. Bear ran away when my dog barked, but I'm going to have to be more careful. Hoping to go shoot one soon. :)

Steelpulse
05-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Up greenstone this evening, green down low, still needs time up top to green up and melt some snow, one section of road at the top has 2 feet of snow in one 10yard section making it unpassable for us at least, 4 piles of crap all grass, looked to be from same bear all softball sized piles probably a small bear, recommend not heading up greenstone this weekend, gong show up there with campers almost like opening day of buck, which was also a gong show up there

Wackman
05-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Saw one bear up toward Duffy lk last weekend, buddy says "shoot him", but it looked just too young. Ears up high and maybe 3.5' long, so I passed him up until next year.
Went up the Dewdrop north of Kamloops lk yesterday, not much sign yet at all.

Darksith
05-16-2014, 09:15 AM
up batch or jameson will be a few weeks away still I would bet...