PDA

View Full Version : FIshing the columbia river around castlegar area

white moose
05-06-2014, 10:24 PM
I brought my river boat up and was wondering the best methods to fish around robson area? I was told there are pike and good trout fishing? Would a guy troll or cast? and what do you use? Thanks

NMO
05-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Rivers pretty blown out right now, at least further up. Just drove from Calgary - Vancouver on Monday, was fly fishing the Kananaskis & upper Bow rivers. Glacial green with pretty low visibility. Didn't have any luck on either river swinging buggers & streamers, had some friends tossing dry's & nymphs.

Can't help with your other questions, tight lines.

joel136
05-07-2014, 06:15 AM
just got back from turkey hunting in the area and the river is already high. I must have just missed it by a few days. Robson area is great for fly fishing later on, whevever they drop the river level. No pikes, just trout and walleye.

DUTCHY
05-07-2014, 06:28 AM
River is actually fishing well right now. Lots of trout action on the fly (flying ants, salmon flies, and stone flies), the walleye fishing has been fantastic this spring in the Robeson area, and yes there is unfortunately a healthy population of pike trying to take a strangle hold in the river.

NMO
05-07-2014, 10:08 AM
River is actually fishing well right now. Lots of trout action on the fly (flying ants, salmon flies, and stone flies), the walleye fishing has been fantastic this spring in the Robeson area, and yes there is unfortunately a healthy population of pike trying to take a strangle hold in the river. Don't tell me that!

white moose
05-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the advice. What method is best trolling hardware or dragging flies? Somebody said in front of mill with gangtroll and wedding band for trout and walleye. I have sinking tip fly line was going to try a black leech. Is the fishing any better around genelle?

swampthing
05-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Send smoothbore a pm he lives at the river near robson and knows his stuff.