PDA

View Full Version : Spotting and Stalking Ferral Pigs

bc sportsman
05-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Has anyone purposefully gone out looking for feral pigs in BC yet? If so, I'd be curious as to the tactics used from scouting to spotting and hunting. Any calling tried? What were your results?

Thanks

olympia
05-04-2014, 11:10 AM
thought I saw one, so I crept up to it for a closer look. It was huge and I envisioned all the bacon and ham that was gonna come from it. I got within 25 yards and realized it was my bosses wife going for a walk in the woods. I think she was in heat so I got the hell out of there.

allan
05-04-2014, 11:12 AM
There is no established feral pig population in BC .....
yet.

HarryToolips
05-04-2014, 02:48 PM
thought i saw one, so i crept up to it for a closer look. It was huge and i envisioned all the bacon and ham that was gonna come from it. I got within 25 yards and realized it was my bosses wife going for a walk in the woods. I think she was in heat so i got the hell out of there.

lol..............................

M.Dean
05-04-2014, 03:10 PM
There is no established feral pig population in BC .....
yet. God help the poor bloody farmer who's Pig's manage to root under the fence and 3 or 4 get loose!!! The second some half pissed hunter see's a pink pig more that 50 feet from the farm house all hell's going to break loose!!! This will make the Klondike Gold rush stampede look like a minor event compared to all the guys dressed in camo, push'in and a shov'n each other to get the first ferral pig dead on the ground!!!

Papa Sasquatch
05-04-2014, 03:45 PM
God help the poor bloody farmer who's Pig's manage to root under the fence and 3 or 4 get loose!!! The second some half pissed hunter see's a pink pig more that 50 feet from the farm house all hell's going to break loose!!! This will make the Klondike Gold rush stampede look like a minor event compared to all the guys dressed in camo, push'in and a shov'n each other to get the first ferral pig dead on the ground!!!

I would say that 64.7% of all BC hunters deserve more credit then that.

albravo2
05-04-2014, 04:15 PM
I recently heard a story about some buffalo that got loose in Kamloops a number of years ago. The story goes that they were declared a hazard and an open season declared. What followed was a total charlie-foxtrot with the 35.3% Sasquatch referred to running around trying to nail a buffalo. A few cattle were downed but the buffalo were never fully accounted for.

Anybody know if that is true?

olympia
05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I remember reading about that in the Province about 7-8 years ago. Some spark shot a bull thinking it was a bison. If memory servers me correct it was around Kamloops

bc sportsman
05-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Now that Fish and Wildlife have said we can hunt (or cull) feral pigs in BC, I'm guessing that there are some established populations out there.

biggyun68
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Only pigs I saw on this week-ends scouting trip where behind fences and did not appear to be upset about it.

yamadirt 426
05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
God help the poor bloody farmer who's Pig's manage to root under the fence and 3 or 4 get loose!!! The second some half pissed hunter see's a pink pig more that 50 feet from the farm house all hell's going to break loose!!! This will make the Klondike Gold rush stampede look like a minor event compared to all the guys dressed in camo, push'in and a shov'n each other to get the first ferral pig dead on the ground!!!

Yes first one I see 5' outside of a farm is getting destroyed. First I'm going to hit it with my car so it can't make it back under the fence. That would suck. Then I'll probably strap it to the hood of the car and drive through the first Timmy's I can find for some extra notoriety . First one to post one here should get $500 and moderator status also. Good luck everyone

stinkyduck
05-19-2014, 09:49 AM
I remember seeing some buffalo out of the farm area around kamloops! ya it was 8-9 years ago! it was hunting season, 11-13 buffs in a field, heard after it was ok to shoot. went back two weeks later, and only found a cow buffalos head, somebody shot! Should have taking the head!!