PDA

View Full Version : Adam Lake Grizzly

cole97
05-03-2014, 06:42 PM
So I just pick up my LEH tickets and I was looking at the spring grizzly bear section and theres a grizzly hunt for adams lake 3-36 and 3-42 I believe those are the regions so my question is has anyone try or got the opportunity to do that hunt if do tell me your story about I would love to know or have seen grizzlies in that area , as I havent heard of that LEH hunt before

khoffnbud
05-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Not griz hunting but I've spent ALOT of time in 3-42 goat hunting, I've seen tracks in there, 90% of all of them have been north of tumtum lake with over half of those being up storm cr. all that being said I've never actually seen a griz in there. Keep in mind that 3-42 has become heavily overgrown as well

swampthing
05-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I have seen grizz in there almost every time I have gone. North of tum tum as well. I have tried for the draw but never got it. I used to take my boys black bear huntin up there. Was always a few of them to find. It is very thick in there.

M.Dean
05-03-2014, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine worked up Tum Tum Lake logging years ago, he had a small trailer he stayed in during the week. One weekend his Wife had decided to go up and stay for two days. First night she was there, oh around midnight, guess what came a call'in? My buddy said for a second or two he though the trailer was rolling into the lake! The trailer was rock'in and a roll'in so bad he though it was going to flip over! He was smart enough to rip open the curtain and shine his flashlite out side, instead of opening the door,and there with it's beady eyes staring back at him was, yes, a good sized Grizzly Bear! He'd had his Dirty Thirty loaded as usual with the hammer down, but there's no way I'm going outside in my under wear, in the dark with a shitty flashlite and try to shoot a Grizzly Bear he told us! So after Gary and his never to go back to Tum Tum Wife yelled and screamed at the Bear from inside the trailer, it finally left! I've being up there hunting, and darn near every time I've seen Grizzly tracks, so yes, there is Grizzly bears up there!

cole97
05-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I bin there once it looks like nice country I saw couple tracks lots of wild berries .... is tum tum in region 3-42 I filled out one leh ticket for region 3-36 and it includes region 3-42 too so im waiting till August 1st to send it in ..... and if I dont get it , then I know where to go for blacks bear then next fall or next weekend if its nice weather

monasheemountainman
05-03-2014, 08:20 PM
if you wait til aug 1 to send it in you definitely wont get it

cole97
05-03-2014, 09:19 PM
if you wait til aug 1 to send it in you definitely wont get it
then whens the best time to send ...it is after july 31 to feburary 6

markomoose
05-03-2014, 09:50 PM
I believe COLE97 is putting in for spring grizz there triple M?

cole97
05-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Its sounds like a good hunt to put in

markomoose
05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
YA FOR SURE!Can't shoot-em if you don't put in !

cole97
05-03-2014, 11:54 PM
This year I got alot of leh tickets for some reason, I dont know why , just want to explore everywhere in bc I guess for my second choice I put 7-07 , search it on google map looks like good country and probably heavy hunting pressure too there in the fall, but I dont think it would be that bad in the spring, I hear there good black bears up there too.

markomoose
05-04-2014, 09:01 PM
My son had an LEH GRIZZ TAG last spring in 7-07. Good area for blackies & grizz.We didn't get our grizz but a nice black bear.(My Avatar)Bowron River.Good Luck !!Not much pressure in the springtime.

cole97
05-04-2014, 09:15 PM
My friend got 7-07 this spring to hes going up next week , this will be his second time his dad got one in 7-17 and his first one was 7-02 didnt get any first time but he came out with 2 nice blackys

cole97
05-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Has anybody heard of someone shooting a grizzly near tumtum

khoffnbud
05-09-2014, 05:48 PM
My buddy got one up storm (go up right where the trappers cabin is) but like I said earlier, I have never seen one personally around there.