PDA

View Full Version : cabin needed kamloops area

bcgirl88
05-03-2014, 10:16 AM
we usually hunt and stay in Tulameen but this year hoping to go to Kamloops area. anyone know of any cabin rentals convenient for hunting in kamloops? must be pet friendly as we bring our dog. thanks!

Lillypuff
05-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Tunkwa, Roche, Red, Knouff I am sure there would be more just might have to do a little searching. Sorry all of these are lakes. Not sure on pets but you can always phone and ask.

Lastcar
05-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Tunkwa Lake Resort, basic cabins at great prices. Dog friendly and very hunter friendly.

Sells tags, has a meat shed for hanging and everyone working there is an avid hunter. Full of hunters once the season is in full swing. No shortage of local intel available during this time. For those that are sharing.

Right in the middle of 3-18 & 3-19.

If you want to fancy it up, they have two amazing luxury log cabins as well. We book the big on in the winter for a multi family outing of ice fishing, sledding and ice hockey on their outdoor rink. But for the purposes of hunting the rustics are all you need and very affordable.

Fido
05-03-2014, 11:27 AM
white moose resort on loon lake the best place to stay 250 459 2258

guywitha270
05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Hyas Lake has one of the only "old school" fishing camps left. Great little cabins, excellent fall fishing and hunting in the area. It really is a gem. Bring your woolies though!!

M.Dean
05-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Hyas Lake has one of the only "old school" fishing camps left. Great little cabins, excellent fall fishing and hunting in the area. It really is a gem. Bring your woolies though!! And a Ice Auger!!! The cabins are real cheap this time of year, reason being even the Owners can't get in there yet! Are you planning on going hunting, fishing, or just want to sleep in a cabin for a few days???

Jelvis
05-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Red Lake Cabins are a good choice, inside mule, sheep, whitetail, bear, moose and grouse plus great fishing out the front door up in the bush in clean modern cabins at Lake Shore wow, what a place.
Red lake is close to Criss Creek so the moose and deer situation is good especially for LEH Moose and antlerless mules.
This is a good bet from early to late hunting season and for the earliest Any Ram Cali--3-29 A or B.
Group or alone if yah got the green, wood burning, and or heated cabins in the heart of hunting and fishing.
Jello Dello Reemo the Creamo of the Croppo or I'm The Rainman -- rainman yah rainman --

bcgirl88
05-03-2014, 06:47 PM
thanks! it's for hunting. my husband and father are hunting, me and the (two young) kids are hanging out. we go every year to Tulameen and it's great but hubs wants kamloops this year so I'm trying to find us a place. we've stayed at tunkwa before, but I've been spoiled the last few years with having a bathroom IN the cabin so now I'm kinda hoping for that. lots of places aren't dog friendly, or they'd be perfect.

Jelvis
05-03-2014, 07:01 PM
I think you'd all like the Red Lake cabins then. Phone them and ask about any question you have.
It's not "wilderness" wilderness but is in the semi-open forest and is a smaller lake.
Good gravel access road all the way from the start of off pavement just west of Kamloops, B.C. No worries.
Prolly a good change for a break and a rest and be able to enjoy the outdoor scenery and fish from the lake shore.
jP. -- bigfish -- you can fish from the lakes shore and has grassy area between -- fresh air and healthy sleeps

Blainer
05-03-2014, 07:02 PM
Mile high
Face lake

swampdonkey
05-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Mile high
Face lakenot dog friendly

Lastcar
05-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Swamp Donkey is right. We have a year round pad for our 5th Wheel at Mile High and they do not allow dogs. Nor generators.

Generator portion was part of the appeal for us when we decided to leave Tunkwa. The real reason was for the kids though. Tunkwa was great for many reasons, but Mile High and Face Lake is fantastic for the kids. We live right in the heart of Vancouver, so the kids don't get much nature time. Tunkwa wasn't quite filling that void. Close but it wasn't. Better for the adults, heck we loved it and had many great friends...well still do. But now the kids can go play in the forest, swim in the lake, catch frogs, well you get the idea. Be kids as kids should be in nature. With any luck get into some advertures we don't want to know about. You know the ones that make them better off for it but scare the parents. Kids being kids.

I rarely fished Tunkwa anymore anyways. Mostly day tripped to all the other amazing lakes within an hour. And of course when Tunkwa or Leighton were on fire, we'd know and put the boats in at home base.

Anyways...this all has little to do with your question...late night ramble. Great place to come for the kids. Not so great if your family includes a dog.