PDA

View Full Version : Sheep of Copper creek NW of Kamloops lake

BiG Boar
04-23-2014, 10:39 PM
I've been thinking of submitting a limited entry application for this area for mountain sheep. Now, I'm going to be up front here. I've done no scouting and never been there. I just wanted to know if it is worth even putting in here? I'd likely be road hunting as I have a sweet quad (4x4). Any insight would be good. I just don't want to waste the application and not even go on the hunt if it's way beyond my skill level. Please help...PM or on this thread is fine.

leadpillproductions
04-23-2014, 10:45 PM
lol slightly sarcastic

Weatherby Fan
04-24-2014, 12:25 AM
I would suggest this would be a good year to put in for Kamloops as everyone will be putting in for those whoppers down at Spences Bridge..........but I would keep this to yourself.
Oh yeh please wear your helmet when your riding that quad around in the Alpine !

limit time
04-24-2014, 07:53 AM
U just jinxed your season....

Barracuda
04-24-2014, 08:59 AM
you should only do it if you have a rifle that says MAGNUM on it and you save it for shooting at game where it really counts not wasting it by practicing shooting at targets

RiverOtter
04-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Know the area well and it's taylor suited to quads with lots of road access into the "Good" areas. Most of the automatic feeding stations are conveniently located in spots where you don't even have to dismount to glass, though unfortunately due to law, you will have to get off your ass to shoot. Of course, as WF alluded to, you'll want to keep it on the "D-L", or it won't stay that way long if word gets out.

P.S.
Don't worry about bringing extra fuel, just PM me and I'll give you GPS coordinates to all the roadside fuel caches; nothing but premium obviously....

You're welcome in advance,
RO

Amphibious
04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Road hunting for sheep is the pinnacle of hunting achievement. The only way to best it would be to toss in a treestand and timed feeder.

When you get that draw, as now you are sure to, I hope that you take lots of pics in your XXXXXL sitka Mumu, riding your kill. Make sure you go out and buy a 338RUM in an ultralight, put a tasco scope on it, beer money comes first.

Stay Hardcore! ;)

warnniklz
04-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Just as long as nobody applies for the ewe/lamb draw... my buddy wants that draw in the worst way.

BCbillies
04-24-2014, 05:53 PM
I just don't want to waste the application and not even go on the hunt if it's way beyond my skill level. Please help...PM or on this thread is fine.

Don't waste your time . . . it's tough in these parts and you don't have what it takes!

Just as long as nobody applies for the ewe/lamb draw... my buddy wants that draw in the worst way.

Hmmm . . . so does my buddy! He gets it I'm in for support.

warnniklz
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
I told my buddy that I'd pay for a life sized mount of a lamb if he got one

Rob Chipman
04-24-2014, 06:59 PM
"I told my buddy that I'd pay for a life sized mount of a lamb if he got one"

Make sure its got wheels on the feet. That way you can take it for walks. I did that with a family cat, and it took my grandmother several months to notice the difference.

BiG Boar
04-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Huh. Well no real help here. Maybe I'll apply somewhere else.

revarchery
04-25-2014, 06:14 AM
It's $6, giver.

Revarchery
My gun shoots better than I do.

04-25-2014, 07:35 AM
This is a sure draw, if you get it the critter is dead, I'm putting in for this one second as I am sure to get the Spence's draw first and this is my back up. I hope no one else puts in for these two ram hunts.

04-25-2014, 11:26 PM
I hope that you take lots of pics in your XXXXXL sitka Mumu, riding your kill.

Stay Hardcore! ;)

Pure gold!!!

fuzzybiscuit
04-26-2014, 08:48 AM
I told my buddy that I'd pay for a life sized mount of a lamb if he got one

I wonder if the taxidermist would do it up with a flesh light? Hmm. All the fun without worrying about getting kicked in the crotch.

bridger
04-26-2014, 09:19 AM
This is a sure draw, if you get it the critter is dead, I'm putting in for this one second as I am sure to get the Spence's draw first and this is my back up. I hope no one else puts in for these two ram hunts.

Spences bridge draw? Should be 1:1 odds. Lol

warnniklz
04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
I wonder if the taxidermist would do it up with a flesh light? Hmm. All the fun without worrying about getting kicked in the crotch.

and probably save money on gum boots and velcro...