PDA

View Full Version : Muley/whitey hybrid vid

lovemywinchester
04-22-2014, 11:00 PM
I went for a drive this afternoon to have a quick look at Pass lake north of Kamloops and went a little further up Sawmill to see what was running around. I always see lots of mulie does and younguns through this stretch. I stopped to watch a nice doe and year old walking across the road in front of me and when they headed for the bush I noticed the tail on the little one. That's no mulie! Not a purebred anyway.

It looked like a young mulie in every way. Blocky body, big ears, tagging along on Moms rear end. It could have been a WT just hanging with a mulie but I had a good long look before I saw the tail and I didn't think it was a WT for even a second before I saw her butt. I can tell a WT doe instantly usually. I saw at least 20 other mulies in the same stretch today.

I have seen a few WT in the general area but very few. Looks like there is a WT buck having his way with the local ladies up there.

Click pic for vid

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/th_hybrid_zpsa157c363.jpg (http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/hybrid_zpsa157c363.mp4)

Brian011
04-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Interesting! I saw one like that very similar around savona a couple yrs ago, a group of mulies and one had a mulie body with a white tail

Quince
04-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Ran into te opposite at 70 mile. Had a mulie doe with a bunch of whitetails. The wt's had real greyish coats and tails with black tips. Couldn't tell
until they "ran" away with the fluffy tails waiving.

J-F
04-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I had a similar encounter in August 4 or 5 years ago. That was in the grasslands north of Kamloops.

I bumped into a typical mulie doe that took off running after a few stots, followed by her fawn with the white flag up as he ran away. Two different deer, but one was the other's offspring.

HarryToolips
04-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Wierd..prolly a cross-breed cause you rarely see a WT hangin with a mulie like that..did the WT lookin one have the typical raccoon eyes that they have???