PDA

View Full Version : Unfriendly Moose encounter

snowhunter
04-22-2014, 09:28 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/04/21/wmur-couple-attacked-by-moose.wmur.html

markomoose
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Good to see they didn't dispatch the moose like that other d-bag did!

plumberjustin
04-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Always need to give animals adequate space to roam when enjoying the outdoors. We are in their element, and without proper respect, the scene can turn dangerous in a hurry.

davet
04-22-2014, 10:34 AM
looks to me like they were chasing the moose. and yes it is good they did not shoot the moose.

lip_ripper00
04-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Moose was just "ticked off"

yamadirt 426
04-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Clearly chasing the moose, That moose had every right to STOMP.

Jelvis
04-22-2014, 02:46 PM
A cow moose with a young calf is on top of the list for most dangerous animules on earth, do not come close to a cow moose with young calves. A big cow with ears laid back means an attack. Do not approach. Back away slowly with your hands out where she can see them.
Those sharp hooves will slice you up like your an oven hot all meat pizza with extra pepperoni and ground beef.
J lo. Kimbo Sliced with a little fresh onions sprinkled all over and some fresh white parmesan cheese.

bigredchev
04-22-2014, 07:11 PM
I was always taught to yell "stranger danger!" until a help comes.

Moose63
04-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Moose was just "ticked off"

Yeah, that moose looked like it had a lot of "ticks" on it's body. Looked pretty mangy.

BearSupreme
04-22-2014, 10:49 PM
haha i wonder where that shot landed, hope it didnt hit another moose.... or a human

j270wsm
04-23-2014, 02:05 PM
We come a cross a few moose every year. We always stop as soon as we see them and let them get off the trail.

One Shot
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
We come a cross a few moose every year. We always stop as soon as we see them and let them get off the trail.

Best course of action.
It appears that they were chasing the moose with the hopes of it getting off the trail but it did not.

snowhunter
04-24-2014, 06:08 AM
I my own experience with moose. deer and bear, who get surprised by my moving truck, while they are walking along a logging road, act very much in the same fashion as on this clip. The starts to run faster and faster along the logging road, hoping to outrun you, eventually to jump out of the way. These encounters usually takes less than 10 seconds, and I never had a chance to overcome my surprise or slow down, before they are over. Actually fascinating encounters, where you for few seconds get the adrenaline rush of "running with the wolfs", few meters from these wild animals. Once, I had the pleasure of driving beside a flying duck who unable to escape to the side of the logging road, because of three's on both side of the road. Although these rare and close encounters with these wild animals only last seconds, I have good and lasting memories of them.

Walksalot
04-24-2014, 08:21 AM
This idiot on the snowmobile needs to be taken out and be administered a sound thrashing. Whether on a snowmobile trail or on a road let the poor buggers have a chance to get out of the way. I don't know how many times I have sat and waited for a fawn to jump a barbed wire fence because if you startle it it can get tangled in the fence. I totally understand an animal running down the road for a few seconds but after that stop and let it get out of the way.

troutseeker
04-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Pretty cool carrying a pistol for protection.

snowhunter
04-25-2014, 07:53 AM
.380 pistol is no protection from an angry moose. At best, better than nothing. She did the right thing by firing in the air, and the noise scared the moose.

landphil
04-25-2014, 12:10 PM
If moose made posts on internet forums, there would be a thread about an encounter with an idiotic human. And rightly so.

snowhunter
04-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Moose and other ungulates we hunt, do indeed have internet access. After the first shots at the beginning of the hunting season, they all put the "Invisibility Cloak" on.

Only when a dum Moose forget to install new batteries at the beginning of the hunting season, will you, when their batteries run out, get a chance to see them.

Moose are as brilliant as you are :)