PDA

View Full Version : Conditions on the Squamish Main?

seanps
04-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Hi folks. Visiting Vancouver this week for the first time since I moved away two years, and looking to hike around some of my old spots in the Squamish Valley.

I have no idea of the snow conditions up there at the moment. Is the road clear through to the Elaho?

Thanks!

charlie_horse
04-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Was out the elaho yesterday, it was fine snow wise. The squamish main rd was shit as usual but the road gets much better once you cross the bridge into the elaho.

clte
04-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Haven't been up to Squamish yet but the snow line is very high on the North Shore for this time of year.

I walked a couple of KM's past Norvan falls in Lynn Valley yesterday and there was zero snow where usually there's at least some up that way until mid-may. My brother was also saying this was one of the lowest snow years he's seen for Whistler.

albravo2
04-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Last weekend (before Easter) we were up past the Elaho Bridge, probably 6 kms, before we hit too much snow.

A fair bit of rock and trees down, nobody is working up that way and nobody is maintaining the road past the Elaho turnoff.

charlie_horse
04-22-2014, 03:25 PM
The elaho main was clear of all debris and perfect going I went about 3 or 4km past the 2nd bridge at 43.5mile. That was yesterday.

seanps
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks everyone! If you see someone nosing along in a crappy rental car, give a honk.

ducktoller
04-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone! If you see someone nosing along in a crappy rental car, give a honk.

I'll be up ashlu elaho or Squamish if you see a 2wd ranger getting stuck then Honk. Then duck and cover because we are rookies