PDA

View Full Version : Arcteryx leaf combat pants

RiverRunner
04-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Any thoughts as how effective these pants would be for mountain sheep and just general hunts.

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Combat_Uniforms&subcat=Pants&model=Talos-Pant-MultiCam

BCrams
04-19-2014, 04:27 PM
I think the waterproof pants / jackets they have are the way to go for those who hunt in the alpine environment for goats / sheep. I prefer the base colours but there's folks who like the camo.

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&category=Hardshell&subcat=Waterproof_Jackets

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/ProductFind.aspx?language=EN&category=Hardshell&subcat=Waterproof_Pants

mountainman_270
04-21-2014, 05:40 AM
As far as Multicam goes its great for desert and semi arid areas. Seems pretty good in the alpine and in the lower valleys in the late fall and even early winter. In the lush rain forest zone like where I live it stands out , almost like it glows. As far as ungulates though (no red spectrum) it does pretty good according to some experiments. As far as quality Arcteryx ain't junk period, but, wow do you ever pay for it.
Just an aside, Multicam has a new "tropic" green out. I want to try that out here in the temperate rain forest.

geoskier
04-27-2014, 10:21 AM
I own tons of Arcteryx gear for backcountry skiing/mountaineering/ect... It is great... but it is overpriced.

I got a Kuiu Yukon jacket last summer and it seems to work very well. It is about half the price of a similar Arcteryx jacket... Hunting can be hard on gear at times (not washing anything for 2 weeks). I also feel that Kuiu for example is pushing the technology a lot more than Arcteryx. Arcteryx was a decade ago but they seem to be resting on their laurels and focusing on how their gear looks as opposed to how it works. Still great gear though.

There is a serious premium associated with that Leaf gear. I did manage to get a nice Leaf pack (echo) from DS tactical in Van. It was 50% off and a great deal. Excellent pack for short trips.

Iltasyuko
04-29-2014, 09:03 PM
No complaints from the arcteryx gear I own. Those look like nice pants.

Fred1
04-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Holy crap! For that price Im takin my HH and hiring porters... ;)

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
05-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Whos got 250 for a pair of pants theses days !. lol.

Chopper
05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
I spent close to that for my Sitka down poor ... worth every penny for the amount of days I put on them the past two years. The are already getting miles this year too. Those arcteryx looks nice ... cant actually comment on them though. Looks like something I might pick up for the kit in the future

One thing a HATE about my Sitka is the lack of pockets ... ONLY ONE POCKET ? who need pockets when hunting anyway ?

bcsteve
05-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Don't look at the waterproof ones!!!:mrgreen:

RiverRunner
05-02-2014, 05:22 PM

………...I do

RiverRunner
05-02-2014, 05:29 PM
And thank you to all who have given their opinion. Especially for your experiences on the effectiveness of multi cam.

The abundance of pockets does seem like a nice option.

I worry about the fact they are a 50/50 Cotton/Nylon blend and the effects of moisture on them…..