Jagermeister
02-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Follow the link.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/02/22/mooseattack.html

willy442
02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Follow the link.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/02/22/mooseattack.html

Calling all resident hunters too many moose in Prince George lets go kill some!:lol:

Schmaus
02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I think I heard on the radio that today the conservation officers shot the cow.

Tinney
02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
They sure did. The same cow/twin calves were in the UNBC pond last day of calf season...man was I pissed :lol:

Will
02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Yep Time for a CULL :twisted:
Dana I can pick you up on the way by..........:lol:

CHilko21
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I may just be horribly sick and twisted, but when I read the the old Irish Rover's song "grandma got run over by a reindeer" ran through my mind.:oops:...okay, so I may just be heading straight to hell, but I can't help it, that's what I thought. At least the lady is okay. My dog got charged by a mama deer a couple years ago, got too close to the babies.

.30 Rem Shooter
02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I may just be horribly sick and twisted, but when I read the the old Irish Rover's song "grandma got run over by a reindeer" ran through my mind.:oops:...okay, so I may just be heading straight to hell, but I can't help it, that's what I thought. At least the lady is okay. My dog got charged by a mama deer a couple years ago, got too close to the babies. Oh deer ;), I had the same idea.. I actually had that song memorized at one point.

ape
02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
We had a cow up there a couple of years ago putting the run on people for awhile also. I ran into her quite a few times with no problems while mountain biking. More often than not we were no more than 20ft away. The only people that these moose chase are those with dogs out for a walk. As we all know moose and dogs don't get along to well. I am sorry to hear of people being injured, this has been happening in this neighborhood for years. I know as I lived in the neighborhood for over 30 years. Some people just don't learn. Early spring until around may sometime the moose are thick in this area as it is a great wintering ground.

ianwuzhere
02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Glad that the lady wasnt badly hurt. For the dog- well maybe it needed a smarter owner with a tighter leash? Its just a reminder that yes these are wild animals and beware. AKA- do not get close to the animals, you or your pets.. Sad to hear what happened for the lady, dog and cow, but it could have been very easily prevented in my opinion... We all know what will happen when a cow feels threatened especially with two calves... ~my two cents~

CanAm500
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Just goes to show you that these are wild animals :D

Mattimoose
04-13-2007, 08:56 AM
My father's friend, Blaine was one of the first recorded Moose Attacks here in Ontario. He shot a bull at dark with a Hitler Garand(G41, 8mm) and 196-grain machine-gun ammo back in the early 70's(Too cheap to buy softpoint for Trapline). He shot a bull moose facing him at about 25-feet away, once through the center of the chest. The Moose dropped, so he sat down on a stump with his back to the animal and began sharpening his knife.
He then heard a noise behind him and turned his head looking-up at a very large, very angry bull moose with blood puring-out of it's mouth. He immediately went for his rifle, leaning against a beaver dam he was next to and then blacked-out. he doesn't know what happened after that but subsequent investigation revealed that he was tromped by the Moose's hooves and thrown into the air by the Moose's horns.

When he came too, he was against the bever dam in a foetal position and was clutching his rifle in both hands . The buttstock was snapped-off at the wrist and it was almost completely dark, but he could still see the Moose standing in front of him, with it's head down. He slowly raised the remains of the rifle and took the safety off. As the Moose raised it's head to look, Blaine let the other 9 rounds in the magazine go and soon lost consciousness from lack of blood as he had a long gash et the back of his neck.

When his partners heard the rapid succession of shots after dark, they knew something was wrong, and sent for help once they found him and he was subsequently medi-vacked by chopper to the hospital in Sudbury.
The thick collar of his down-filled vest , and the way he landed with the collar compressed against the injury was the only thing that saved him from bleeding to death.

In the end, he never had the rifle repaired and has it on a board on his wall to remind him to put a second round in the animal's brain before you sharpen your knife. As far as the investigating CO's could figure, the first bullet only effected one lung, and the shooter was close-enough to the animal that the Moose connected the pain with the man. The rest is history.

GrizGuy92
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I think I should load up and go around town and look for moose haha