PDA

View Full Version : ABC - Sonic 100s - OPINIONS???

Franko Manini
02-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have experience with these broadheads?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/41/70/64/i417064sn01.jpg

Sonic 100s.

sealevel
02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I got two free ones last year .Never shot anything with them but they fly nice .

Bow Walker
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
I got two free ones last year .Never shot anything with them but they fly nice .
Ditto here as well. They fly and hit as and where your field points hit. Only difference is - they hit one heckova lot harder!

Bill Sampson, of West Coast Archery, has them in his quiver if that is an indication of the head's worth.

Bill who? Nobody really, it's just that he has been bow hunting for a lot of years. But - what works for one does not necessarily work for another.

Either way, next to my Razorcaps, they are also in my quiver.

willyqbc
02-22-2007, 11:54 PM
reviews of this broadhead are not very positive from what I can gather. Durability seems to be the big complaint. This thread from another site is typical of what I have been reading about them

http://75.126.80.18/vb/showthread.php?t=446671&highlight=sonic

Chris

Bow Walker
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
When the heads are assembled and "locked" down they form a perfect cut on contact tip or point.

The Sonics are much, much stronger than the Liberty heads. The Liberty head was made to fill a perceived purpose, but it turned out a bit too light weight. The tip and the ferrule are the weak parts of the Liberty broadhead. Should you hit a heavier bone the head is apt to separate, bend or (in extreme cases) break.

I heard that this problem had been addresses and resolved. Their free broadhead campaign brought the issue to light and ABC jumped on it right away.

Still a good head IMHO.

willyqbc
02-23-2007, 09:41 AM
good to know they have fixed the problems...what exactly didi they do to upgrade the head? As a concept they look good as long as they have addressed the durability issue

Chris

sealevel
02-23-2007, 09:53 AM
After reading that link willy posted with all the good heads out there i sure wouldn`t buy any. I still have the last one they sent me i`am going to try it.-----Well i just dug it out and its not alum. so maybe they fixed it

mikek blacktail
02-23-2007, 10:11 AM
been using them for two seasons know they shoot just like field points there tough I ,ve shot an elk three deer and a few bear and they hold together great had a double shoulder shot pass through on one of the deer I shot. not to mention there pretty cheap for the quality.