PDA

View Full Version : You know it's time to start planning that sheep hunt...

Rubberfist
04-15-2014, 07:15 PM
...when your toenails have about grown back from last year.

Had to bust out the clippers this morning...it's time to beat these f*ckers back off.

And how do you know it's getting that time?

Chopper
04-15-2014, 07:58 PM
All over it ... put on 30lbs heavy weight training, trying to put on as much muscle as I could over the winter so when I hunt this year my body is not depleted as it was at the end of last season. Have 20+ lbs of fat to cut , so I Started a 12 week cut about 2 weeks early to make sure the fat is off for the second week of July. Been walking 6km every night the past 2 weeks, I'm about to push that up to 10km and start climbing again as soon as I drop another 10lbs.

we've been starting to get our game plan together and are looking at booking a plane as early as next week.

My partner has a lot of experience but, This is going to be my rookie year ... crossing my fingers for success

Wild Images
04-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Chopper, remember that heavy muscle eats up oxygen and food. And ridge runners cover alot of ground and kill a few sheep where a hunter that
walks slowly and looks in every nook and cranny is sucessful often !!
Started to prep for the fall as well, doing stones this year Rubberfist ??

Quesnel Kid
04-16-2014, 07:07 AM
Gym 2 times a week 5-10 km run 2-3 times a week depending on free time. Going to start hiking with some weight as soon as the trials are snow free. All I think about while at the gym is sheep and goat hunting it is like my mantra. :-D

Chopper
04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
delete ....

Chopper
04-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Chopper, remember that heavy muscle eats up oxygen and food. And ridge runners cover alot of ground and kill a few sheep where a hunter that
walks slowly and looks in every nook and cranny is sucessful often !!
Started to prep for the fall as well, doing stones this year Rubberfist ??

im well aware of this ... ill probably have only put on 5 lbs of muscle by the time I cut down. I know ill probably have to pack a lot of food. ill be around 6'3, 190-195 when I leave. When im a t 185 I don't even have to line change at beer league hockey.

175 is WAY too scrawny for me

Casagrande
04-16-2014, 07:28 AM
^^^^ That must make you real popular with the guys on the bench waiting their shift!

RiverOtter
04-16-2014, 08:03 AM
im well aware of this ... ill probably have only put on 5 lbs of muscle by the time I cut down. I know ill probably have to pack a lot of food. ill be around 6'3, 190-195 when I leave. When im a t 185 I don't even have to line change at beer league hockey.

175 is WAY too scrawny for me

Shite, I think GSP hi-jacked Chopper's account.............

Chopper
04-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Ya lots of the guys I know that hunt hard look like they did a couple years in Auschwitz by the end of the season ... That look isn't for me

Stone Sheep Steve
04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Ya lots of the guys I know that hunt hard look like they did a couple years in Auschwitz by the end of the season ... That look isn't for me

Only time I've ever had a well-defined sixpack was after a sheep hunt.

The weight comes back fast.

Been doing a couple hilly hikes a week....but gotta ramp up the frequency a bit.
Waking up the core a bit too.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
04-16-2014, 09:43 AM
In the last 2 months I'm down 25lb going to the gym almost every nite cut my carbs in half and no beer hope to be down another 25lb by sept going to burn some boot leather this year!

Chopper
04-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Don't want the fat ... just trying to hang on to as much muscle as I can by the end of the season ... My protein intake is always high but , Ill be drinking more amino acids than I have before trying not to burn muscle.

Your body eats fat fast on the hill but it will also eat muscle. That's what im trying to stop this year

358jess
04-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Creatine stops muscle loss but requires extra water intake.

decker9
04-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Gotta love a job that requires a 40lb tool bag and all stars and ladders, flights booked for July 29, I'm ready ;) Good luck all!

Rubberfist
04-16-2014, 12:44 PM
I received a PM asking about what "program" I'm following. My off-season training regime has been grueling, but with very noticeable results (here's the 7-day layout):

Monday - gut
Tuesday - love-handles
Wednesday - manboobs
Thursday - double-chin
Friday - butt
Saturday - rest day
Sunday - eat what you want, you deserve it

I have stuck to a strict diet of baked goods, pasta, pork fat, and nothing less than 12 year-old Scotch. Fortunately, my hunting partners are in great shape!