PDA

View Full Version : Super tree medicine

BULLNUTTS
04-15-2014, 03:24 AM
With The passing of so manny dear friends and with us all not getting any younger I thought to share a pearl gifted to me by a leather headed fella of unknown age.
The medicine is a thing called CHAGA. BIRTCH CHAGA . Chaga is a wild mushroom.Yet unlike most wild mushrooms instead of growing in soil or upon decomposing matter it grows on living trees.Specifically it is a fungus which has a predilection for birtch trees.More technically,chaga is a polyspore fungus.The birtch tree and bark are legend through out time for the medicinal values.The fungus feeds on and therefore, concentrates the therapeutic compounds found in birtch trees.In this respects it truly is a divine gift, because wild chaga is a vital chemical factory of potent substances,which are of immence value to human health.
This amazing healer goes back to ancient times where it was reserved for royalty,the weathy and guarded as secret of life giving and saving properties.Known by native peoples of manny cultures including shamen the secrets of the herb was passed from generation to another.Back through outtime, of note even to the infamous Iceman of the Alps,frozen in a glacier for over 5000 years,his pouch was found to contain chaga mushroom!!Furthermore Ancient Chinese and Siberians gave chaga the highest status of all natural medicines.
One [of manny]highly medicinal substance found in chaga is betulin,which has proven to be one of the most powerful anticancer substances known.The VAST lists of cures and treatments from tinctures made from chaga and combined forest herbs and extracts is to lengthy for this simple message.However that list is mind blowing- the things this powerfull tree medicine treats /offten cures- serious life taking threats such as-respiratory disorders such as asthma,bronchitis,and pneumonia as well as degenerative conditions ,particularly gastric/duodenal ulcers,cancer and tuberculosis and tuberculosis of the bones just to name a few.as said the list is to VAST to list here.
In western medicine doctors have little to no knowledge of this amasing medicine.My own doctor- A highly learned skilled doctor and surgen of over 40 yrs- never heard of it.
Known by the ancients to promote longevity it was given titles such as " A Gift from God" "King of the Herbs".
Here in BC it is being studied intensively [ but secretly]for its healing powers by our medical system.
Trees are among the most powerful of all living entities.It is through the ingestion of the tree mushroom chaga that humans readily gain the powers of this plant.Chaga concentrates all its greatness.
I personally highly recomend that each and every one that reads this purchase the book by Dr Cass Ingram titled "The Cure is in the Forest".It lists the manny treatments and cures and tinctures of our forest medicines,especially the super medicine- birtch chaga.Best money i ever spent.Book was $25 bucks.Packed full of knowledge!
As a additional note I can tell I have personally had several personal friends literally "rescued" from the clutches of death itself by this amasing tree medicine.
Look it up online as well lots info there too,although the heavy , thick info such as the docs is a must have .
Oh and just for litery sakes the info above was taken randomly from the said book just as short examples of.The list of suporting doctors and proffesors is long so its not just some nut job tryin to sell books.

Good health to all an Good huntin BULLNUTTS [MICHAEL]

BULLNUTTS
04-15-2014, 08:13 AM
In finding birch chaga it can be difficult as it occures randomly throughout the forest,not all trees will have it.It commonly grows from trunk to approx 12 feet above the ground,however i have found it in the upper canopy as well,but not as often.Colour is dark charcoal black on outside with hints of goldish brown around edges sometimes-but always the rough charcoal on outside.Inside is a golden colour.Boiled into a simple tea even it makes a tasty energy drink- i like mine with lil natural honey. lots pics online of birch chaga.Remember only the birch chaga is the "super medicine" -there are other chaga but not as medicinal as the birch.Good healthy stuff. Good Huntin BULLNUTTS [mICHAEL]

BromBones
04-15-2014, 08:28 AM
Been picking that stuff for a couple years now. Keeps you healthy. I find more on birch that is growing near small streams. Birch trees themselves have a lot of good health qualities - tea from the leaves and oil from the bark.

Devils club is another plant that works wonders for your health.

hare_assassin
04-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks for posting.

This is impressive, to say the least:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-131765188534287_2272_1481466

hare_assassin
04-15-2014, 09:08 AM
I'll be harvesting some of this stuff pronto:

http://www.fengshuilondon.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/12-facts-about-chaga.png

BigfishCanada
04-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Bull, so you pick from the birch and then make tea? Have you tried? I have seen this black on birch and wondered what the hell that was? Whats the chances of picking the wrong stuff and going nuts?

Mikey Rafiki
04-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Can someone post some pictures of this stuff?

hare_assassin
04-15-2014, 10:13 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chaga+photos

sobirch
04-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Interesting post, I make willow furniture from young Birch, I have collected birch sap to make syrup. Now I will have to try some chaga tea this spring. Thanks for posting

BULLNUTTS
04-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Thx Hare- most excellent link.Those pics are the real deal-as is the birch chaga.
Bigfish-the chances of picking wrong are very limited if you stick to very basic requirements for identifiing the birch chaga.1-tree id [must be birch-any kind birch] 2- ALWAYS dark charcoal black coloured, rough ,sometimes crumbly,outer surface,often chaga split with hints of inner golden brown slightly visible-otherwise outer is the black charcoal.3-inside is golden brown in colour,can be spongy at interior but still the golden brown.
NOTE- in harvesting- waste not!! very soon you will realise the value and rareness [ and cost too with gas the price it is ] even the darker brown chocolate coloured in and around the chaga is to be harvested and treasured! I take a plastic bags and pin to the tree under chaga to be harvested-thus catching all the lil pieces of gold..After main piece is off I have set of chisel;s and carving knives i whitle the golden brown tresure from the "medicine tree" till i am mostly on wood.The chaga eats into the tree so sometimes there is as much or more on the inside as is on the outside.Remember the chaga fungus kills the tree so removing from may save tree or yet unknown-may let chaga regrow if tree lives.But as of yet regrowing or even farming the chaga has not been proven-even by the most weathy of drug companies ie: chinese pharmacy companies failed in attempts to farm birch chaga.Also leave any bark thats attached to chaga as its rich in nutrients as well.Key also is the EVERY PART OF THE CHAGA INCLUDING THE BLACK CHARCOAL OUTER IS TREASURE.Tests have shown that the outer black is of some of the highest in key cancer fighters such as belutin-again waste not.There is sooo much to learn of this amasing medicine- even with my studies I've just scratched the surface.The manny diff tinctures and ways to make "super tinctures" using wild forest oils as emulsions to extract the goodness and healing properties from the chaga is a real study that continues -but its exciting too!!Plus it keeps me in the great outdoors and yes just one more reason to spend time "out there" and not have to be "hunting" to do it [thats just a bonus now lol ] thought ya'll would like that hahaha. Keep breathing in an out an Good Huntin BULLNUTTS [Michael]

SingleShot
04-15-2014, 04:23 PM
If it was good enough for Otzi the Iceman it's good enough for me. I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for posting Bullnuts.

hare_assassin
04-15-2014, 04:30 PM
It's interesting that this thread was posted when it was, because just the other day I was out in my usual hare hunting spot (looking for hares, yes but also looking for my lost GPS). 3 times I passed by the same area and the same huge black lump on a tree made me do a double take. The image stuck in my mind, and I know exactly where it is. Hoping it is what I think it is!

Whonnock Boy
04-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Interesting..... Up moose hunting I always pass these birch full of the stuff, and I always wondered what it was. I knew it was some sort of fungus, but I did not know it was Superman stuff. I will definitely be grabbing some to test it out.

Piperdown
04-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey Whonnockboy I thought you were the real superman :mrgreen:

Whonnock Boy
04-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Hey Whonnockboy I thought you were the real superman :mrgreen:

I am, but only when I have my "Super" drugs. :wink:

winchester284
04-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Had my first cup of Chaga tea today and was surprised at how tasty it was. Coincidentally I just started researching this a couple days ago after seeing an ad on Craigslist selling Chaga for $25 a lb. I spent $5 on gas and picked my own. Think I'll try drinking the stuff instead of coffee..

avadad
04-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks for posting. I wonder if I'll be able to find it on the island.

Jrax
04-16-2014, 12:40 AM
I was given a sample from a friend recently and just need to grind it up. I also found a large chunk on a birch but it was frozen on and will go back with a small axe or machete to get it, its about 12" by 10". In another place I thought I found the motherlode of Chaga but learned that on aspen it doesn't have the same properties .

BiG Boar
04-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Son of a birch that stuff looks gross!

boxhitch
04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Good info Bull and good link Hare

fiddleheadheaven.com/mushroom-harvesting

It also talks of never digging into the tree , possibly killing it prematurally
Lots to learn

nature girl
04-16-2014, 07:19 PM
I was at the health food store today and they sell it in pill form.

Steelwheels
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
I was at the health food store today and they sell it in pill form.

How much $$$ ?

nature girl
04-17-2014, 08:09 PM
How much $$$ ?

$40.00 I do not know how many pills were in the bottle. The bottle was not big.

Steelwheels
04-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you... Maybe a months worth..:???:

BULLNUTTS
04-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Just a something to beware of if buying cheap chaga- there has been a rash of folks selling aspen chaga to both bigger companies and private - apon testing finding it not " the stuff".They are very similar in looks and texture and hard to tell apart after off the tree.Lots of companies selling extracts too but one must understand the processes used to do the extracting.Studies show uses of alcohol,ethenol ect can/is used varrying from company to company what they use- and they not telling in most cases their secrets.The doc tells of the use of say alcohol in making tinctures this-That the alcohol helps in breaking down into ingestible form the belutin and other cancer fighters and sterols,in the chaga, drawing them out and into the extract being made..With out the use of such aids in making tinctures only small amounts of these hard to break down ingedients will be absobed by the stomach- the rest passing through-
.I have used Lambs 150 PROOF DARK RUM in making few tinctures,slowly cooking the tincture at low heat after letting soak 24 hrs in alcohol then adding water to cook off alcohol. Results were a tasty strong ,but suprisingly mild alcohol flavourfull drink,but thing of note was that the signs of the gummy belutin and other sterols that normally gather,in circle around edges of the cook pot [ when cooking large pots full] was no longer presant sujesting that they must be disolved in the drink itself when prepared this way.
Another note is to avoid excessive high heat as this can destroy goodness of the tincture.
Just few ideas- still learning here too,theres sooo much. Good Huntin BULLNUTTS

BULLNUTTS
04-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Got batts for the camera working so here is pic of the bok by Dr Cass Ingram.
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/BULLNUTTS/e0b1d6fc-2b89-409a-883d-b35e2e04322f_zpsecb01622.jpg?t=1397818760http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/BULLNUTTS/002_zps6f0dc1be.jpg
Its a great book with lots info - a good read for sure. Good Huntin BULLNUTTS

Moose63
04-18-2014, 07:47 AM
Michael;

Can you sell me a piece, like to see and try out a piece?

PM me...

Moose63
04-18-2014, 07:59 AM
Got batts for the camera working so here is pic of the bok by Dr Cass Ingram.
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/BULLNUTTS/e0b1d6fc-2b89-409a-883d-b35e2e04322f_zpsecb01622.jpg?t=1397818760http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/BULLNUTTS/002_zps6f0dc1be.jpg
Its a great book with lots info - a good read for sure. Good Huntin BULLNUTTS

Just ordered the book on Amazon, Thanks

BULLNUTTS
04-23-2014, 09:25 AM
MOST POWERFULL SUPER TINCTURES
For those studying this "SUPER MEDICINE" look at the sujested ways of making emulsions of natural wild oils using such as wild oregano,wild rose hips,spring poplar buds,organic vigin olive oil,organic black seed oil,and organic apple cider vinagar,juice of wild rosemary,wild raw honey,juice of organic cabbage,wild cardamom,wild coriander,pumpkinseed oil,organic selenium,wild raw berries extracts[specifically-wild black raspberry extract as well as the wild raw eight berries extract[northern Canadian wild berries] ],wild raw lingonberry,wild raw bramble berry extract,wild raw extracts of chokebery,blueberry,saskatoon berry,high bush cranberry,black or red raspberry,and sarsaparilla ect ect.
The many diff combinations of time proven and medicaly documented healing properties of these powerful Super Tinctures,and the stagering list of tumors and cancers and body ailments they can treat/often cure is amazing!.
It's an incredibly informative and a facinating study.
As Spock said " live long and prosper" lol Good Huntin BULLNUTTS [Michael]

bowhunterbruce
04-23-2014, 01:22 PM
going to scout for some as soon as theres a break in the weather
thanks spike
bruce

kennyj
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the great info! Very amazing stuff for sure.
kenny

gamer
04-23-2014, 08:32 PM
There is a wealth of info and pictures on the forum at bushcraftusa.com. Lots of people over there use it regularly and have documented harvesting it.

Spirit's Master
11-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Spent this past Sunday at a Mushroom Intensive hosted by Yarrow Willard and D'Arc Ravenhill of Harmonic Arts in Courtenay here on the Island. We learned a great deal about Chaga and its health benfits. Unfortunately not too many, if any Birch on the Island but there is an alternative that is close, and has the possibility of surpassing Chaga in its benefits. The Red Belted Polypore (conk) that is ubiquitous in the rainy forest we call home has similar properties to Chaga and in combination with Turkey-tail is also being tagged as a great immune system booster.

The Coast Salish have used both RBP and TT in their traditional medicines for centuries.

Both are easily indentified and easy to harvest.

cwf

Black Lab
11-22-2014, 11:04 AM
This is should be made a "Sticky" Too valueable to lose. Thanks Bull