PDA

View Full Version : Got my ram back!

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I picked my ram up last night from the Taxi and I thought some of you would take interest. I am sorry this is not a votable thread or doesn't ask retorical questions about being an AW. :wink:
I am like a little kid on Christmas eve, I can't wait to get this guy up in my living room!

Pics below.........

Thanks FD!

rocksteady
02-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Must be too excited, not seeing any pics:lol: :lol:

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Looks great! Here's the pics, the boy is too heavily regulated at his workplace to access his photobucket. When he gets old like me, no one cares what ya do all day, they are just glad you're healthy enough to show up! :lol:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM0069.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HPIM0075.jpg

Gateholio
02-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Niceone! Well done!

ursus
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Beauty, who did it for you?:)

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Beauty, who did it for you?:)

Dean Titanich......hard to beat his attention to detail and quality.
Around here when you think Sheep taxidermy one thinks of Harley White. But Deans work is top notch, and he rings in much cheaper then Harley. It is obviously a matter of opinion but some species I think Dean does even better work than Harley. I am very happy how it turned out! 1.5 years is a good turn around time for Dean as well. :lol:

Phil
02-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Very nice mount! Seeing that really motivates me to get out and get one!

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Very nice mount! Seeing that really motivates me to get out and get one!

Easier said than done!:biggrin:

Get on it.......Once you have caught the sheep bug your hooked. :lol:

Good luck!

Dale
02-22-2007, 12:21 PM
lets see a side profile

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
lets see a side profile

Sure come over and look at 'er all you want but remember no touching and you bring the beer! :p

I'll have to direct this request to FD he snapped the shots.

Gateholio
02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
did we ever get the story of this ram posted here? hmmm?

Soup
02-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Nice ram! :) Beautiful mount. I myself have a ram waiting in the wings to be done, I think I'm going with Fur & Feathers, I have heard he does exellent work as well. Congrats!

Ferenc
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Very nice!!!any field photos of him

srupp
02-22-2007, 12:30 PM
wonderful sheep...PM sent regarding Dean the taxidermist...

steven

Stone Sheep Steve
02-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Looks awesome J!!8) 8) Love the character on that old boy!

Hmmmmmmm..........Gives me an idea for my cali......thanks!

Now make sure you patch up that knee right or we'll be changing your name to "1/4 slam"!

Ursus-Harley won't be starting heads for about another month. He wants to get all the bears cleaned up first. You'll have to wait a little longer:-( .

SSS

ursus
02-22-2007, 02:58 PM
SSS You would think sheep would take priority! The wait is torture.:cry:

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Now make sure you patch up that knee right or we'll be changing your name to "1/4 slam"!

SSS

So what are my chances of the Grand Slam shooting sheep while quad hunting? Has it ever been done? Anyone can kill them out walking and backpacking hundreds of miles...but quadding - there's the REAL challenge! :lol: I'm gonna get the boy goin' on that idea!

Stone Sheep Steve
02-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Well F/D......you could come pretty close at least on your BC Slam. I know of calis, rockies and stones shot very close to roads. A friend's brother has a pic of a 45" and 36" Stone's side by side whole in the back of his truck. Not too sure you could get a Dall in BC sitting in the saddle,though.

SSS

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Well F/D......you could come pretty close at least on your BC Slam. I know of calis, rockies and stones shot very close to roads. A friend's brother has a pic of a 45" and 36" Stone's side by side whole in the back or his truck. Not too sure you could get a Dall in BC sitting in the saddle,though.

SSS

A buddy of mine dumped a 180 Rocky while he was walking up the road one morning looking for elk. Ya just never know! :)

GoatGuy
02-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Really nice One sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like taking your animal in 6 months later and having it finished before!!!!

.308win
02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Nice looking ram, sure hope to get one oneday.....whats the furry critter to the right?...hat, bobcat?

hunter1947
02-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Nice looking head mount ,congrads ,http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif hunter 1947.

GoatGuy
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
So what are my chances of the Grand Slam shooting sheep while quad hunting? Has it ever been done? Anyone can kill them out walking and backpacking hundreds of miles...but quadding - there's the REAL challenge! :lol: I'm gonna get the boy goin' on that idea!

Your chances are a lot better than getting your mounts back before you pass away!:lol: :lol:

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Your chances are a lot better than getting your mounts back before you pass away!:lol: :lol:

Stop whining,:lol: maybe if you didn't bring your animals in to a taxidermy looking like you picked them off the beaches of Normandy it wouldn't take so long to get them mounted.

BTW there was a new bear on the stretching table last night......oh yeah you're getting a halfsize mount! :biggrin: keep watching your clock I guess.

GoatGuy
02-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Stop whining,:lol: maybe if you didn't bring your animals in to a taxidermy looking like you picked them off the beaches of Normandy it wouldn't take so long to get them mounted.

LOL!!!!! That's funny.

The next time, while I'm in the midst of WWII, I'll try remember to shoot once and let the bear maule me until it expires.

BTW there was a new bear on the stretching table last night......oh yeah you're getting a halfsize mount! :biggrin: keep watching your clock I guess.

Anybody have a knee breaker for hire?????????

If we had more seats I'd bring one back from Gotham, they're a dime a dozen here!

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Here are some pics of One Shit's hunt. I'm just wondering where the quad is? :confused:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/CaliFrontview.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Hardpackout.jpg

one-shot-wonder
02-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Here are some pics of One Shit's hunt. I'm just wondering where the quad is? :confused:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/Hardpackout.jpg

Can't you see them throught the tall grass, they are leather, smelly and worn out......unlike your Danner's that still have the tag on
them :p

Thanks for posting those pics for the boys......lot's of work!

boxhitch
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
did we ever get the story of this ram posted here? hmmm?
No tale has been posted, but there has to be good BS to go with the mount. Come-on, SingleSquirt.

mainland hunter
02-22-2007, 07:37 PM
nice lookin mount, how do you like the wall pedestal mount? congrats on the sheep.

Will
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Beautiful Mount ! 8)

gameslayer
02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
[quote=one-shot-wonder]Stop whining,:lol: maybe if you didn't bring your animals in to a taxidermy looking like you picked them off the beaches of Normandy it wouldn't take so long to get them mounted.

That was a good one, Nothing makes better camp fire talk and gets the boys going than calling out your buddies previous shots that he was hoping you forgot about .

gameslayer
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Sorry forget to mention I am in envey of your great looking animals. It is a personal goal of mine to get one one day

GoatGuy
02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
No tale has been posted, but there has to be good BS to go with the mount. Come-on, SingleSquirt.

Now there's a good nickname! He's about the only one that doesn't have a good one yet.

I'll have to remember that for this spring.

Fisher-Dude
02-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Now there's a good nickname!

I'll have to remember that one.

Ya beat me to it. Was just gonna comment on that one. Good job Boxhitch!

Single Squirt. Could be from all the meds he's on? 8-)

BIGHUNTERFISH
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Great looking mount,I would rather wait two years for an excellent mount then 6 months for a medicore mount.I have also found that some taxidermists are better at some species and they can be less than average on another species.:)

BCrams
02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Sweet ram and a great job on the head mount....

Hopefully my day will come for a cali bighorn one year.

one-shot-wonder
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
nice lookin mount, how do you like the wall pedestal mount? congrats on the sheep.

I love the wall pedestal. As soon as I saw a previous sheep mounted with it, I knew that is what I wanted.

Gateholio
02-23-2007, 11:02 AM

I'm guessing that there is a pen and a healthy supply of Sheep-tex and oats in the story!:lol:

one-shot-wonder
02-24-2007, 03:03 PM

I can tell you this I squirted more than once when the ram went down my friend!:biggrin:

Rubicon500
02-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Awesome ram forsure!! Dean sure does some nice work!