04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X65_ZgbYf70

Well said Booth!

DBM
04-10-2014, 06:02 PM
He did a good job.

buckguy
04-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Good for him. Handled the tough questions well. Being in the public eye can be very tricky, congrats for him telling it like he sees it.

Fisher-Dude
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Trust the CBC to throw anti comments his way. He did great and is a good ambassador for our way of life.

Everett
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Was headed to bed but stayed up just hear him speak, very well spoken in my opinion.

358mag
04-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Yes very well spoken love his comparison to baiting black bear to using bait to fish for salmon kind of hit the nail on the head and made the hosts raise there eye brows and nod the heads , you just now the Canucks will be trading Mr Booth this off season ......
Too bad this will be the last season for HNIC after hours was a great show .

Steeleco
04-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Well done David, well done.

davet
04-11-2014, 08:24 AM
never really thought of baiting bears that way. Good for him on tellin how it is

Darksith
04-11-2014, 08:36 AM
but again, you can see how they focus on the stigma of the grizzly and not removing the meat. We need that law changed so the masses can accept it, rather than automatically siding with the anti's.

Iron Glove
04-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Watched it "live" that night, more entertaining than the game. :mrgreen:
Bet he was told earlier that he would be questioned about hunting so he had time to prepare his statements, and he did well with his comments. The HNIC guys were polite and non confrontational in the questioning and were nodding through most of the answers so I guess they were, if not in agreement, at least not totally "anti." Have to give a lot of credit to HNIC for actually asking the questions.
Booth was a great spokesman for hunting, here's a millionaire, dressed in a suit ( that wasn't camo ), decent looking ( unlike most of us :wink: ) and well spoken.
Now, if he'd only be a 40 goal scorer for the Canucks. :-D
I've always maintained that the hunting / firearms community need representatives from board rooms, schools, pro sports, etc. to show the general public that "we" are just your average folks.

04-11-2014, 09:19 AM
David did quite well with the subject on hunting and baiting. As he said, what's the difference between hunting and fishing. I hear Jim Houston advertising for Duncanby Lodge all the time, come catch record Halibut, Chinook salmon etc, yet him and others on Team 1040 SLAMMED Booth last year for hunting Bears. What a bunch of hippaDICKS I mean hypocrites, They lower there there hunk of octopus, or salmon belly to haul up a big Hali then CLUB it to death ........ I ask you Team 1040....... Who's sicker. I go with the humane take out rather then a clubbing ......

GOOD job David and thanks for speaking for a majority of us.

albravo2
04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
I've liked the guy since the bruhaha last year about shooting bears. I think the concussion years ago was the end of his top-six days and he is a bit too evangelical christian for my taste but I still think he'd be a cool guy to share a campfire with.

I think he could have made the point a bit better that by taking out the trophy, dominant male you diversify the gene pool and probably save a few cubs that he would have eaten. Humans are an integral part of food chain management and all species benefit from our management efforts which happen to include legal trophy hunting.

rattling_junkie
04-11-2014, 03:35 PM
Great guy who is not scared to share his faith. We need more people like him, society would be better off. Oh, and being a hunter is cool too.