PDA

View Full Version : Bear Hunting Tips

ncaufield
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I might do a Spring bear hunt this year up past 100 Mile House in the North of Canim Lake area. I've done some Whitetail hunting out in Ontario, but never bear. I read that bear baiting is illegal in BC. I'm curious on people's methods, tips and tricks etc.

Also, for anyone who knows that area, any recommendations on the best dates? Not sure if best time of year is region specific of a general thing. The season ends Jun 30 there I believe.

pronghorn
04-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Take a drive or walk down a road that is greening up. Watch the cut blocks they are super easy to hunt as they have food on the brain and that area should have good numbers. Good luck..

Darksith
04-10-2014, 03:07 PM
I would imagine that you are still a month away from good access due to snow levels...complete guess though just going by history of the plateau around kamloops

angus5024
04-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Use google maps to find south facing slopes without too steep of a grade. Those areas will green up first and will be hot spots. Later in the season find an intersection of a couple small valleys and get high, so you can see a long ways in a couple directions and GLASS, GLASS, GLASS.