PDA

View Full Version : adams river bound

betteroffishing
04-07-2014, 10:01 AM
so after looking over a bunch of different areas of the province , and with the help of the hbc community my wife and i are making a life alterring move into the chase/sorrento area. we have sold our home in delta and have purchased a place up along the adams river. move in is late june and im so frickin excited . having spent allmost my entire life in the lower mainland i am extremely excited to see how the other half lives. the move will have us mortgage free within the next 5 yrs and then i get to start working for MY retirement rather than that of some fat cat bankers . any locals on here who might want to take a guy new to the area out once hunting season starts please do drop me a pm. i am moving to the area knowing no one who lives there so any contact will be appreciated. cherers to new adventures. dave

albravo2
04-07-2014, 10:04 AM
good for you! you'll never look back.

Sasquatch
04-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Congrats, sounds like a great decision. I would move there in a heartbeat if it were possible.

I hear the rainbow fishing when the sockeye are running is absolutely outstanding. It has long been on my list of places to fish.

bridger
04-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Nice move.

GoatGuy
04-07-2014, 10:19 AM
You've got some of the best Gerard fishing right in your backyard. Congratulations.

BigfishCanada
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
That's where I would go, riverside with a pool, congrats

B-rad
04-07-2014, 11:51 AM
I lived in chase for 10 years,,,,,,awesome,,awesome,,hunting and fishing,,,,now I'm in outskirts of kamloops(barnhartvale),,,,,,,,tons of whitetail,,,,mulies,,,,,grouse,,,,bear,,,,and awesome duck and goose hunting on the river,,,,,,salmon fishing,,,,,trout averaging 3-8 pounds,,,,just awesome,,,,I love it up here,,,if ya need any info on anything let me know,,,,I'm just short drive away

betteroffishing
04-07-2014, 12:16 PM
thanks guys , cant wait.

betteroffishing
04-07-2014, 12:18 PM
are you refferring to rainbows in the river or in the lake ? i m not sure , but i think the river is closed to fishing durring the sockeye run . cant wait to find out for sure. :-D

Congrats, sounds like a great decision. I would move there in a heartbeat if it were possible.

I hear the rainbow fishing when the sockeye are running is absolutely outstanding. It has long been on my list of places to fish.

wrenchhead
04-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Excellent fishing at the mouth, sometimes there's too many salmon and you can't even get your line to the trout without snagging.

betteroffishing
04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
you mean at the mouth of adams lake ? how do they look by then ?? im not against eating a sockeye which has turned red so long as its not sporting a fur coat . lol:(

betteroffishing
04-07-2014, 01:23 PM
oh , i just saw that you were in fact refferring to the rainbows . still , the question remains , the mouth of adams lake or the mouth of the shuswap ? both i suppose .

GoatGuy
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Just check the openings and closures. You'll also see the fishermen. Lots of great spots.

wrenchhead
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Where it dumps into the Shuswap.