PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet in Gas Town / $3 beer and I'll donate all sales to the site!!!

Junmity
04-06-2014, 09:34 PM
First off, this forum is really great! and what's really great are the people behind it! I've gotten so much out of the connections I've made that it's kept me thinking about hunting well after the season!

The other day I met another hunter scott without the o.... and I was so excited to talk to him I forgot i was in a t shirt and it was after 10.....

anyway, I got to thinking.... I own a bar in gas town that hosts many regular monthly events for tech, video game programers, real estate gurus and many other one offs.

I'd like to gauge how interested you folks would be in having a monthly, very casual get together to meet one another face to face and have a couple beer!

I'll make the first one easy by donating the space, some appy's and a KEG! say $3 a beer for hunting bc members, all proceeds for this first one go to Hunting BC website to continue to do the great work they do!

I'd need at least 40 people to rsvp to close off the room for the night but common guys its for a good cause and I'd love to meet you all!

So....

1. Its in Gas Town, close to the train station so drink away!
2. what day of the week works best? Sunday Monday Tuesday are open but I can do the first one on a Friday or Saturday to get us started....
3. Please reply and if there is enough interest, lets do this!

lip_ripper00
04-06-2014, 09:54 PM
This is a great offer, I will give my .02 I will gladly skytrain down for a function, do it all the time. Weekends (Fri,Sat,Sun) I find are spent with family, week days work. Trying to get 40 people to commit once a month would be hard, 2 a year mabye? We used to have meetings once or twice a year in Horseshoe bay, and they where pretty good,guys from the Island would walk on the ferry and come over. Glad your asking for input, hopefully we can make something work. Please post the name of the pub, when we are on a walkabout downtown we would gladly patronize an establishment that is hunter friendly.

Junmity
04-06-2014, 10:03 PM
131 Water Kitchen and Bar

www.131water.com

we do it for a bunch of other groups.... every time i run into a hunter, I'm always so engaged in a conversation! It's tough to put so many people together but I'll settle for less # but I'd love to get some $$ to this site for giving me access to such great info and people.

surely we can can fine 19 more people that want to talk hunting......

Firstblood
04-06-2014, 10:34 PM
I would be interested in bi annual meeting for sure and I live in Kamloops. so much knowledge about hunting would be too hard to pass up, it would be nice to put a face to some names. and it looks like a great place, ill be visiting next trip to Van.

bandit
04-06-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm in. Work downtown so weekdays would be great.

BCHunterTV
04-06-2014, 10:42 PM
my vote...friday or Saturday

Steelpulse
04-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm there, couple meetings a year, ill attend all of them, as well stop by when in the neighborhood

kayjayess
04-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Great idea. I am on the island but work out of Van. If timing is right I would come along. Thanks for putting it out there

Steeleco
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm OK with a semi-annual meet and greet. We've been having the Langley pub night for a couple of years and only the last three have we had more than 6 people. The location is very central and being weeknights it's not usually a late night event for the crew that need to get up for work.

With enough notice I'm sure we could reach your 40 member wish. If I were you, I'd be planning one for post spring bear and just pick the day and time. That way those that can attend will.

quaint bucket
04-07-2014, 12:32 PM
I would be interested in that for a semi annual thing.

albravo2
04-07-2014, 12:41 PM
i'll make the trip from Squamish

04-07-2014, 12:41 PM
buy a pub in victoria! :(
Id be in,,, thats a hell of a thing, donated keg proceeds to the site..... Good on ya!

Derp
04-07-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm in for a post bear get together! I'll bring the wife along

scttcanuck
04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm in. I could probably get a few buddies together.

stubby
04-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I'd be in for a few pints. Convenient location for myself as its only a few skytrain stops away from my house.

Deeboe
04-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Count me in. I shift work so pick a day and hopefully I will be able to be there. Thanks for your generosity!

tav611
04-07-2014, 03:13 PM
I work shifts but will be there if I'm off

pnbrock
04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
So for $10 I can have 3-beers and tip ? Am I still invited?

ducktoller
04-07-2014, 06:41 PM
I'd possibly be in, never know till last minute these days unfortunately, with dogs, family medical issues, and fiance on shifts ya never know.

We should have a leave the politics at home rule, lest we start a war between the NDP and the Conservative members.

Maybe if its after bear hunting I might be showing up NOT a hunting virgin.

CSG
04-07-2014, 10:44 PM
count me in

NMO
04-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Yup I'd be down. You guys should pick up Red Truck Beer on tap, its superb, and the head brewer is a hunter.

Junmity
04-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Great we have enough interest!

Post bear seems to be the consensus....

narrowed down to the week of June 15th or 23rd

Please let me know if Sunday Monday or Tuesday is a preference.

As for times I'm wide open, I'd like to hear from some folks that attended these things in the past and what time worked best for you guys.

The restaurant is pretty busy this time of the year so I'll get consensus by Wednesday this week and book the restaurant space and cross my fingers that everyone makes an effort to show...

Thanks!

cuervosail
04-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Sounds great. I'll plan to be there!

bigredchev
04-08-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm in prefer sat but friday works too. Weeknights are just too damn busy plus on calls.

quaint bucket
04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
narrowed down to the week of June 15th or 23rd

Please let me know if Sunday Monday or Tuesday is a preference.

i think I'm leaving for Hawaii before that and probably won't be back until end of the month? I will have to check my calendar and my wife's mood.

BigfishCanada
04-08-2014, 01:19 PM
Weekdays work for me cause then its an after work pint

Hillbros_96
04-08-2014, 05:41 PM
I would definitely be up to it if I had enough notice.

wildcatter
04-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Sure I would be interested, Friday or Saturday night would be better.